IGNORED

Not Only A Coach

wookey

Jesus wept.

Please Mr Tinnion.

What does 'get nasty' mean.

Is it anything to do with having a decent midfield that can feed strikers?

Such language smacks of desperation when used to the players but why on earth would anyone be so proud of this kind of haranging that they put it on the web site.

I'm sure there is a Dummies book of PR that can go on the bookshelf along with The Dummies Book of Football Coaching.

Guest marcclifton
Jesus wept.

Please Mr Tinnion.

What does 'get nasty' mean.

Is it anything to do with having a decent midfield that can feed strikers?

Such language smacks of desperation when used to the players but why on earth would anyone be so proud of this kind of haranging that they put it on the web site.

I'm sure there is a Dummies book of PR that can go on the bookshelf along with The Dummies Book of Football Coaching.

Yet more under performing sounds bites from Aston Gate.

Guest routabout

Don't be silly. He doesn't mean that we need to be nasty, in the sense that gets players sent off. He means more ruthless and that we need to be going for the proverbial jugular of teams, not players.

What is it with Bristol? A complete misinterpretation of his words, if ever I saw one. God this forum can make Bristolians look like a bunch of thick yobs. Listen to the interview properly, take in all of his words and it's obvious that he has no intention of us becoming a team of over-agressive foulers.

Most of the supporters on the forum (Tinnion doubters) have most probably only seen the first few words and have immediately acted on it!! "Nasty" oh that means hacking everyone and being ##### does it!!It really is dissapointing!! angry-smiley-054.gif

Not to mention embarrassing. Geez, the mob mentality, with an IQ far lower than the sum total of it's members' IQs.

I think you'll find that I don't have a mob mentality, nor a low IQ.

I'm quite aware that he doesn't want our players to be sent off, or is your sarcasm detector not on?

Also, "ruthless?" Ruthless in what way. How can we be more ruthless? Tell me how we can possibly do this without becoming more physical and therefore running the risk of getting sent off?

How can we take games "by the jugular" and what on earth does he mean by that? As somebody else said, they're just sound bites coming from a manager who doesn't know what he is doing.

You seem to consider yourself the resident genius, so answer those questions, bearing in mind the fact that we are a team with a questionable disciplinary record, and tell me how we can "get nasty" without running the risk of getting players sent off. Or even how telling our players to "get nasty" is going to help them in any way?

Guest routabout
I think you'll find that I don't have a mob mentality, nor a low IQ.

I didn't suggest that you did, on either counts. What is meant by 'mob mentality', is the overall mentality of a group of people (mob) as a collective, not as individuals. It has nothing to do with individuals.

I'm quite aware that he doesn't want our players to be sent off, or is your sarcasm detector not on?

Yet that was the only content of that post, just sarcasm, how very constructive.

Also,  "ruthless?" Ruthless in what way. How can we be more ruthless? Tell me how we can possibly do this without becoming more physical and therefore running the risk of getting sent off?

By being single minded about getting the job done, rather than producing attractive football. That doesn't mean to say just play a long ball game, just be efficient and take the simplest option in every decision. Instead of trying to score pretty goals, we should just be looking to score goals, regardles of how they come about.

How can we take games "by the jugular" and what on earth does he mean by that? As somebody else said, they're just sound  bites coming from a manager who doesn't know what he is doing.

I said going for the jugular, a vein on the side of the neck that if it's cut or blocked means absolute curtains, no messing about. It's an analogy for being ruthless and just going for the end result, without considering whether the build up looks good for example.

You seem to consider yourself the resident genius, so answer those questions, bearing in mind the fact that we are a team with a questionable disciplinary record, and tell me how we can "get nasty" without running the risk of getting players sent off. Or even how telling our players to "get nasty" is going to help them in any way?

I'm not considering myself a resident anything, genius or otherwise. I do not consider myself to be a genius in any sense. I just deplore the overall impression that the majority of the forums posts, appear to give of us. I think I've answered your questions there.

Do you need a ladder getting down of your horse? It's awfully high.

Guest routabout
I'm fine where I am thanks, and I'll decide what I post, how I post it and whether I think its constructive or not, thank you.

As is your right, I wasn't trying to tell anybody what to think, merely expressing my own opinion.

The majority of your post made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Maybe this might help, although I was presuming that English was your first language.

http://www.google.co.uk/language_tools?hl=en

Archived