IGNORED

10 Points From The First 7 Games

headhunter

Assuming we win the home games against Vale, MK Dons and Colchester and lose at Forest our record will read

p7 w3 d1 L3 - that's 10 points from a possbile 21 - just about mid-table ; I for one would accept this after our opening 1 from 9.

Drawing a home game from the 3 and snatching a point at Forest would leave us on 9 points from 21 and a placing after one sixth of the season of around 14th with a tough away game at Swansea as the next fixture.

Anything less and we will have to be looking for a 10+ straight win sequence to put us back in contention ; this is something we managed in 02/03 and 03/04 only to have it followed by relegation form and ultimate failure

I haven't seen us play since 'new' team was assembled because I've was on holiday but my [once again] early season enthusiasm has been all but extinguished

[possible blind optimism]That's a good point, I don't think we will lose at Forest to be honest, if we win these 3 games (which we are damned to hell if we don't), then we will have the advantage as they have been higher favourites as us, and everyone seems more surprised they are doing badly than the fact that we are, plus the fact we have 2 home games coming up before then, aswell as the Barnet one, to add confidence. I wouldn't be surprised to see us get 12 points from 12, we'll just have to see how it goes. [/possible blind optimism]

The benchmark for promotion, let alone winning the league as muted by our glorious leaders, is two points a game. A hard task, but nevertheless a goal that needs to be attained. Once you get behind in your two points a game target it's very hard to play "catch up".

So, to answer your question, no, not good enough.

Assuming we win the home games against Vale, MK Dons and Colchester and lose at Forest our record will read

p7 w3 d1 L3 - that's 10 points from a possbile 21 - just about mid-table ; I for one would accept this after our opening 1 from 9.

Drawing a home game from the 3 and snatching a point at Forest would leave us on 9 points from 21 and a placing after one sixth of the season of around 14th with a tough away game at Swansea as the next fixture.

Anything less and we will have to be looking for a 10+ straight win sequence to put us back in contention ; this is something we managed in 02/03 and 03/04 only to have it followed by relegation form and ultimate failure

I haven't seen us play since 'new' team was assembled because I've was on holiday but my [once again] early season enthusiasm has been all but extinguished

As i said in another thread i dream of city winning so dreaming is good englandsmile4wf.gif

Winning those 4 games would put us on 13 from 21. That is almost promotion form, and would get better after the awful start we had.

Winning 3 from those 4 games still puts us in good stead with 10 from 21, as pointed out. This is not far off promotion form, and as we lost 8 points from 9 in the first 3 games, this could be altered. A draw + 3 wins is also good, he's right.

Archived