IGNORED

Reading Trying To Make Money Back On Lita

BONDIE

the fans better realise it is 9-10 years it wont fit them! rofl2br.gif

Side point. A similar sandy/gold/champagne/vomit colour being used, agreed?

Q. How come their use of the colour looks classy?

A. Use of a dark colour with it. Revolutionary concept.

No doubt Pumas involvement helps, the quality of the garment is obvious, can't see any scags either whistling.gif

Reading have some negative feedback. read this:

After winning i was told, item had been give away..Not happy

Reply by readingfc: Shirt mistakenly given to charity, buyer offered 2 replacements of equal value

This guy must be the kitman or something!

He has got a whole load of Reading merchandise for sale, including the first replica home shirt. The kits are not released until October, but he somehow has one which was used when unveiling a new player.

Surely illegal?!? disapointed2se.gif

rofl2br.gifrofl2br.gif yes it is indeed the club selling it.

I think this is a cracking idea and I'm surprised other clubs haven't done this.

There are plenty of fans out their who would be willing to buy the actual shirts of players of their favourite team.

I would imagine team kit probably only lasts for four or five games max so it would be a good recoup.

I know most clubs pass their old kit down through ranks to the youth sides, but making a few bob on popular players shirts is good revenue.

City sold off most of the players shirts from the LDV win a couple of years ago,and a few others odd ones.I have the shirt presented to Luke Wilkshire when he signed for us.This was done via QXL auction site.

Don't forget that the club "charge" £400 for a match worn shirt(this is what it costs to sponsor a player) so selling them regularly would devalue this.

Don't forget that the club "charge" £400 for a match worn shirt(this is what it costs to sponsor a player) so selling them regularly would devalue this.

Are you saying that the shirt sponsors actually receive the shirt the player played in?

If not, I don't see how it devalues shirt sponsorship. The shirt sponsor is, effectively, paying for advertising space in the programme - not for the shirt itself.

I still believe that this is a revenue area that needs to be seriously considered by the club. Heck, I'd even volunteer to run the auctions for them! I'm very active and very familiar with eBay. wink.gif

Are you saying that the shirt sponsors actually receive the shirt the player played in?

Er, Yes

We have 4 in our offices here, and theincider gave away Lee Millers (cynic has it) and cut Liam R's into pieces a few ears ago devil.gif

Archived