IGNORED

Citys Defence

wayne allisons tongues

Woodman was injured today and we brought in Golbourne for him. Personally i think he was outstanding Attacking wise today but had an absolute shocker defensively. First half everything was coming from that area. I think Scott Brown played well but hardly spent any time on the left and was all over the place, i think following tins instructions. I know tins said wingers/midfield there to attack not defend thought brown took that to the extreme, and this i htink was reason for being overrun defensively. To help out tins played G smith in middle and Stewart on left second halt to try to helpout.

Woodman was injured today and we brought in Golbourne for him. Personally i think he was outstanding Attacking wise today but had an absolute shocker defensively. First half everything was coming from that area. I think Scott Brown played well but hardly spent any time on the left and was all over the place, i think following tins instructions. I know tins said wingers/midfield there to attack not defend thought brown took that to the extreme, and this i htink was reason for being overrun defensively. To help out tins played G smith in middle and Stewart on left second halt to try to helpout.

Pretty good assesment of Golborune. he can't defend and got caught out for the cross on Port Vale's 2nd goal. Still, he's is better than Woodman.

Think he needs a run in the time and just calm down a bit seems to run off up the pitch not woorying what is behind him. Know he is fast but needs to be Linford Christie in his heyda t get back sometimes. Maybe needs G smith to sit i front of him to help him along, shame Mickey went for would of been useful to have him as help. Scott Brown i think is not a left midfielder and did not hekp today on the left. Cracking centre midfielder where he spent most of the game and where he should be.

I thought he didn't play too badly defensively, and most of the times he got cought out were after Carey crosses (Still going on wink.gif). Good passing and tackling when he was there, nice attacking side, good left foot and some nice set pieces too!

I thought he did well like the rest of the defene for the first 30 mins, but after the two individual mistakes the led to the goals, whoever completely misjudged the flight of the ball for the first goal, had a bit of a shocker. And the goldbourne getting caught way out of position for the second.

Up until then i thought the defence coped with the corners that Vale got very well, and apart from the random snapshot that forced a good save from Phillips, Vale didn't really threaten much at all.

After the first goal though you could see that the players suddenly became very nervous, but seeing out the pressure after that with some fine keeping from Phillips, hopefully the confidence won't be so fragile next game. Heywood coming off as well was a big blow, as although i thought Horse did well, it allowed Painter into the game with his size a lot more.

Archived