IGNORED

A Special Mention ...

gazza1982

Just like to say a thank you again for Mickey Bell, the guy was fantastic today and the response giving to him from our fans was special, even applauded when he scored! Must be a first!

Was good of him at the end to applaud all four sides of the ground to show his appreciate for the response he received.

Good luck Mickey, you were a great servant and a credit to our club. city.gif

don't forget hugging murray when he was subbed! chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

he still can play with both feet good control and crosser, shame you gotta get old and the legs go. liked his skyer earlier in the game rofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gifrofl2br.gif

don't remember him doing that for us.

one of the few gentlemen in the game. hope he comes on here for a read. Well Done mickey

header was fantastic. Well Done City faithfull chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

I always think it's a shame that we don't get to say goodbye and thanks to players when they leave. Today we were able to show our appreciation to an excellent servant to the club and he aknowledged us too which was nice. We even allowed him to score one last goal at the Gate!

I thought he played a very good game for Vale. He will always be one of my favourite players. Thanks for the memories Mickey! wub.gif

Got caught out by Murray a few times, those legs really are getting old! But good play with the goal, lovely to see everyone clapping him when he scored, and a really nice guy. Stood after the match and clapped the Attyeo for about 30 seconds aswell. Gotta love him.

Was nice, was wierd as well, i remember towards the end he did some good defensive work to stop Cotteril getting past him, so sat there i said "well done mickey" and started clapping befor realising what i was doing smile.gif

Was a shame to loose him but for me he had gone stale here and from todays performance i'd say he's put an extra 2 years onto his carrer.

If vale were going to score, then i wanted it to be bell getting it. Great player for City in his time and shame that his time has come and he had to move on.

Great to see everyone clap him when he scored and it was nice to see him not trying to celebrate it to any major degree. It showed how much he loves this club.

Bell was a legend for us. Not in the way of the old greats but just because he was a good servant to the club and always put in 100 percente on the field. Not many players I can say have done that for us over the years. I really felt for him today as I know he didnt really want to leave the club after 8 years and he looked very emotional after the game when he was clapped off. We miss you Bell. city.gif

Mickey was a great servant to the club and must rank alongside the best money we've spent - good luck to him.  Very pleased to see the fans recognise that today.

Nibor

The best bit of that of course was shafting Wycombe at the tribuneral. biggrin.gif

We had Micky Bell

We had Mickey Bell

We had, we had, we had, we had

We had Micky Bell

And we got him cheap

and we got him cheap

etc

city.gif

Guest routabout

Yeah, it's also nice to see the appreciation of Mickey's contribution to City, spreading onto these forums. It was fantastic that he should get a goal, which along with the shows of appreciation from the fans, he richly deserves. A true servant to the club, very professional and on his day an undoubted match winner. I too wish him all the best in the twilight of his career and would love to see him return to us in a coaching capacity, if he's up for it and up TO it. Another one that we know would have his heart at the gate,

I might have touched on some sensitive points there, but not intentionally, please keep any responses to it/them to another post. Keep this one nice and sparkly for ol' Mickey, eh? wink.gif

Mickey was a fans leg-end and the support he got was fantastic.

But, does nobody else see the irony of the support for an ex-player when the current "winners" in our team are getting slated for their poor aspects?

Bell had many, Fortune has them, Phillips, Golbourne, Stewart, Bridges and so on and so on.

BUT, WE DID ACTUALLY WIN in case some did not notice that? whistling.gif

Guest routabout

Yes we did and a very welcome relief it was too. Just what the doctor ordered. They're saying that the team need to build on that, so do the fans, but unfortunately not everybody is happy yet, But that's for another thread.

Archived