IGNORED

Settle An Argument

It first opened for the game against Port Vale on 27th August 1994 which was the second home game of the season. It was closed for the Sunderland game. I remember because I had to sit in the Williams as the East End was full (half City, half Sunderland - can you imagine that now?). If you sat in there for the Sunderland game, you would have been on your own!

It was officially opened by Sir Bert Millichip against Millwall on the 8th October 1994. I think David Seal scored that day.

I'm not an anorak, I just have a good memory. Or perhaps I'm just wrong! biggrin.gif

It first opened for the game against Port Vale on 27th August 1994 which was the second home game of the season. It was closed for the Sunderland game. I remember because I had to sit in the Williams as the East End was full (half City, half Sunderland - can you imagine that now?). If you sat in there for the Sunderland game, you would have been on your own!

It was officially opened by Sir Bert Millichip against Millwall on the 8th October 1994. I think David Seal scored that day.

I'm not an anorak, I just have a good memory. Or perhaps I'm just wrong!  biggrin.gif

I promise you, on that day it was officially shut, however if you turned up on the day you were allowed in. It was quite empty but i am 100% sure it was open. All the seats were still dusty and some still had a polythene covering.

I won't argue, but i asure you it was open for that game.

I promise you, on that day it was officially shut, however if you turned up on the day you were allowed in. It was quite empty but i am 100% sure it was open. All the seats were still dusty and some still had a polythene covering.

I won't argue, but i asure you it was open for that game.

I shan't argue with you either. The lack of information about the opening of that stand was quite incredible - I remember when we first went in there we had no idea if it would be open or not until we actually arrived at the ground. It wouldn't surprise me if they opened it against Sunderland and nobody realised!

Only eleven years old and it's too small. Now I don't know if there was building restrictions etc., but I'm worried that in years to come we will be talking about the "new" East End and saying "we should of had two teirs for increased capacity now we're in The Premership". dunno.gif

Only eleven years old and it's too small. Now I don't know if there was building restrictions etc., but I'm worried that in years to come we will be talking about the "new" East End and saying "we should of had two teirs for increased capacity now we're in The Premership". dunno.gif

I seem to remember there were building restrictions which were related to the row of houses immediately behind the stand. The exact details are sadly lost in the mists of time. More lager anyone?

Archived