IGNORED

Did Anyone Actually Go To The Game!?

One Team

Has anyone on here actually been to the game tonight?!

Obviously lots of annoyed fellow fans (same here!) on here but did anyone actually see this shambles first hand!?

Was it REALLY that bad?!

What was the crowd reaction at full time!?

One Team

Yes.

One word is a swear word, the other shambles.

What a load of rubbish chants when the 4th goal went in, G Block in Dolman carried on trying to get behind the team. Boos for Tinnion as he went down the tunnel.

For £15 on the night, it's no wonder they only got 3,000 odd fans there.

Shambles. Sorry - I'm really disillusioned.

Maybe you should ask someone else who attended for a detailed match report but yes it was appauling, shocking, depressing and upsetting... Our defence was shoddy, disorganised and couldnt organise a pish up in a bewary between them.

Our corners need desperate work, firstly they cant beat the first man then it gets struck so hard it reaches the back post where no on happens to be and it proves safe hands for the goalie.

I am totally and utterly shocked at the performance tonight and something seriously needs to be sorted out and fast.

I cant go on Saturday but I'm waiting for a phone call from the old man at 4.45pm telling me of the 0-6 score line sad.gif

Has anyone on here actually been to the game tonight?!

Obviously lots of annoyed fellow fans (same here!) on here but did anyone actually see this shambles first hand!?

Was it REALLY that bad?!

What was the crowd reaction at full time!?

One Team

Yes I went and yet it was that bad, long ball crap, no midfield and defence was a joke. SG's Goals was very well taken and Bridges was a simple tap in.

The fans reaction at full time was not what I expected, thought I would have heard much more BOO's and TINMAN OUT chants but to be honest I think most had already left sad.gif

Not much good to be said about the game, a waste of £15. Oh Booker looked like the only one who realy was working for us and SG also I guess.

I thought it was a great night and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Football was shocking, but the beer and the G Block banter made it all worthwhile.

Shame there isn't going to be a 2nd round really. Ho-hum! smile.gif

at least the game was entertaining, murray looked more like his old self and the strikers worked hard.

how dave partridge is worth £150k is anyones guess, think rooney will have a field day - we did look a lot better when he went off, and at least we carried on trying to attack at 4=2 down.

not a clue who should play in defence or midfield anymore, and i know tinman hasn't got a clue either.

i was there, at least there were some goals

Scott Murray = fb, he was immense. his final ball lacked at times, but he added so much energy, hopefully back to his old self

Tony Grant - really impressed me first half, quieter 2nd, but still decent.

Partidge - never play him again, PLEASE

i can't be arsed with the rest, that performance isn't worth it

we looked like a side slung together for the first time, some nice off the cuff football at times, woeful defending, full credit to a well organised barnet side that rode their luck at times, but deserved the win, what more can i say.

Yes I did, but I posted on thefootballforum.net to share the benifit of my thoughts with some of the Bee's fans who didn't go..

Okay back in.

Didn't want to go. Wasn't planning on going. The boss talked me into it at lunchtime and the offer of paying clinched it.

I wish I didn't go either.

No disrespect to Barnet, they came - they saw and basically outplayed City for the entiriety for the game.

Arriving late to the game I didn't really know the team line up's till they basically ran out. To my suprise City fielded a very strong line up not disimlar to the one that unconvincingly beat Port Vale at the weekend.

I won't go into the first half much as it was pretty even stevens. Barnet were a tidy passing side and they deserve plenty of credit for playing nice swift passing football. City took the lead in the 12th minute somewhat against the run of play. A swinging cross from Murray wasn't cleared and Golbourne came sweeping in from the left side of the area to thump and unstopable volley low and hard to the botom right hand corner of the goal.

Barnet didn't really let this undeserved lead by City phase them and with three minutes were level. Having already forced no less than 5 corners from the 6th corner Dwane Lee scored a similar sort of goal. Ball wasn't cleared and it landed this time on the right hand side and he promptly steared it with pace past Phillips.

Not much else can be said about the first half. City for all there neat passing play and good work from Smith & Golbourne down the left had very little to shout about. Barnet looked fairly tidy but again wern't pushing.

Second half saw no changes on either side and the game continued at a simlar slow training ground style pace. Fair play to the 150-200 Barnet fans who got behind there team for 90 mins and generally made a racket in the East End.

And then 5 minutes of comedy from City. Barnet still pushing forced another corner and eventually from a poorly cleared corner the ball was whipped back in where Lee once again got infront of Phillips to guide in a deserved second goal.

City tried to push on from here but again the defence was looking woeful at best. Infact it was looking fucking shocking if you don't mind my words!

Nicky Bailey picked up the ball deep outside of the right and decided to a Maradona, a Villa, what ever you like to call it, jinxing past at least 3 defenders he was left with a simple task of putting it in the onion bag.

Embarsement wasn't the word, but fair play it takes a decent amount of skil.

City were quick to make a change and bring Bridges on but even then it was for Partridge at the back leaving us more at risk. Within 2-3 minutes of coming on though after good work from Murray down the right he was left with a simple tap in from a pacey cross.

The game was basically on a knife edge and City probably had their best spell of the game trying to get a third. It wasn't going to happen though and with nine minutes left and Barnet trying to push the game away from them a simply low right hand cross was swung to the near post where Roache said ta very much and put the game out of City's reach.

It was nothing more than Barnet deserved, it was nothing more than City deserved either

Player Ratings:

Phillips - not his fault the defence were awful, but could have commanded better 6

Carey - didn't look intrested, out of position many times 5

Partridge - Not good 4

Fortune - Did okay at times, woeful occasionally 5

Golbourne - For me he was the only one intrested in the back four. Good goal and the link up play with Smith was excellent - 7

Smith - As above but faded out second half 6

Skuse - Looked a bit lost 6

Grant - looked okay at times, looked lightweight at times, eye for a pass thought 6

Murray - tried hard, got offside too many times though 7

Brooker - worked hard, poor service though 6

Stewart - Anon 5

-Subs

Bridges - too good by far for the players around him 7

Guest laura8264
Yes I was there and thought City have got a few problems this season.  Either Tinnion will be able to sort them out or he'll be walking by November.

I couldnt stand this until November I pay good money to see a decent worthwhile talking topic.... at the moment i am with the majority and a typical women, moan moan moan moan

What a load of rubbish chants when the 4th goal went in, G Block in Dolman carried on trying to get behind the team. Boos for Tinnion as he went down the tunnel.

I particularly liked the cheerio chants as half the dullmoan exited after the fourth goal.

Plus i don't think the barnet fans knew how to reply to "you're not singing anymore", sung at them when leading 4 - 2!!

cider head Posted Today, 10:20 PM

yes

and it was not just being beat we were embarrassing 

I think you will find that it was Wilksi being embarrasing!!!

Guest fatherdougal

The writing was on the wall when Barnet managed to force three corners in the first two minutes. I think it took a full five minutes before City put a meaningful foot on the ball. Barnet probably sussed that 'the one over the top' or any ball lobbed high in the direction of Clayton Fortune would cause panic. In fact Barnet were on to anything that bounced over the heads of the midfielders - Scott Golbourne seemed to spend the best part of the night heading away high balls whilst off balance and once in the last third Barnet just ran riot. We were outplayed in that area.

Guest fatherdougal

It was a very odd night. When the fourth goal went in I took the opportunity to run to the bathroom and I got 'cheerioed' by Dolman G, I mean my own supporters

for heavens sake. I'm not going to desert the ship after 81 minutes, but something

has to be done about this so-called management. There was a little boy talking to his dad by the Barnet bus on the way out. 'We're going to be relegated Dad!', he sighed. And how could you argue with him on this display?

The only consolation I can find is that Brentford (top) were beaten 5-0 by Cheltenham. Maybe the Carling is just a freakish competition after all.

Player Ratings:

Phillips - not his fault the defence were awful, but could have commanded better 6

Carey - didn't look intrested, out of position many times 5

Partridge - Not good 4

Fortune - Did okay at times, woeful occasionally 5

Golbourne - For me he was the only one intrested in the back four. Good goal and the link up play with Smith was excellent - 7

Smith - As above but faded out second half 6

Skuse - Looked a bit lost 6

Grant - looked okay at times, looked lightweight at times, eye for a pass thought 6

Murray - tried hard, got offside too many times though 7

Brooker - worked hard, poor service though 6

Stewart - Anon 5

-Subs

Bridges - too good by far for the players around him 7

Obviously wasn't at the game, but sounds like your ratings for the defence are generous compared to your descriptions!

Archived