IGNORED

Observations & Thoughts On Last Night

sh1t_ref_again

Where do I begin

Barnet were a very good side, who if keep the current team fit will walk the 2nd division this year and maybe the 1st next year. They have some very good players who are big quick and play football.

But what about us, humilated and outplayed for 80 minutes....

Start with Tinman, I have always defended him, admired his passion for our club, but am now starting to wonder after a good close season of bringing in good players can he deliver. But if we get rid of him is their a good proven manager available to take his place?

On the pitch....

We lack a leader, Booker has played very well but their is no one organising and bossing the players.

We cannot afford to play with 2 wingers, our midfield is not strong enough to cope. Grant Smith I thought had a very poor game, we looked better with Brown on saturday who does not just hide on the wing but helps midfield. I would therefore play with 3 in midfield with another player given a free role between wings and behind the front 2.

We cannot cross the ball, every set piece the corner never managed to beat the first defender

Players

Phillips.. 5 Ok

Carey.. 5 but right back is a problem position for us, Carey or Smith are not the answers

Fortune..6 Don't understand why he gets stick on hear, had a good game and would be my choice to partner Heywood

Partridge..3 not looking a good buy

Goldbourne.. 5 Still young and learning, scored an excellent goal. Gave away a silly corner for their first, and 2 other goals came from the left side. ( although thier number 2 did run past most of our side to score)

Skuse..7 our best player, ran his socks off

Smith..4 Dissopears and never managed to put a corner over the first defender

Grant..6 looked a good player, not sure what he gives us that Wilkshire already does

Murray..6 Getting better

Stewart..5 Improving, but not quite thier yet

Booker..6 works hard

Bridges..6.5 looked a class above any other player

In conclusion, we need to work harder on doing the basics well, go back to being solid in midfield and defence as teams are just running though us.

Is that the same Peter Reid that got Sunderland and Leeds United relegated?

He got them both into the championship, which is where we want to be!

P.S. He did get Sunderland promoted in the first place, and they were going nowhere when he took them on he just stayed there to long. Also, in fairness he inherited all of Leeds' problems when he took the manager's job there and they looked doomed even before he became manager.

I'm sure we haven't seem the best of Partridge yet, after all, wasn't he carring an injury last night? After all he was highly thought of in Scotland and he's a current Welsh International (I state this without irony BTW). He has lacked match fitness since arriving late at City (with another slight injury). I think he needs more time before we judge him.

I'm sure we haven't seem the best of Partridge yet, after all, wasn't he carring an injury last night? After all he was highly thought of in Scotland and he's a current Welsh International (I state this without irony BTW). He has lacked match fitness since arriving late at City (with another slight injury). I think he needs more time before we judge him.

I agree.

He hasn't been match-fit yet.

Archived