IGNORED

Jamie Smith Recalled

headhunter

Listening to Tins talking about playing defenders who will "batter" the oposition suggests an immediate recall for Jamie Smith - we all know how he can batter people, remember that chest high tackle on a Peterborough defender away last season.

He will get stuck in and I predict a red card for him on Saturday - do you agree that this is a probability ?

In any event based upon performances so far this season I would select the psycho ahead of Louis 'comfort zone' Carey

Guest routabout

I agree with Jamie Smith in for Louis Carey, mainly because Louis isn't doing his job properly. I don't know where Louis sees himself in the team picture, but I see him as a defender. He seems to think he's some kind of wing back, defender cum midfield playmaker, I'm sure. Really, where is the point in his continual aimless punts upfield and how many more times does he need to try, before he realises he's no bloody good at it?

Smith is a tougher, more determined player than most at the club and his particular downfall is that he gets the red mist every so often. I'd rather have that and taje steps towards curbing this element of his game. To say that if he's included he will probably be sent off, is very premature and to be honest, a little ignorant. Now I say that, the law of the sod will probably bring it about, but there you go. I want Jamie back in the side and I want him to stay there and be considered for the captaincy as often as possible. A gobby, passionate, hard player is exactly what we need right now. That and a big kick in the arse.

I am yet to witness this from him

Did you go to any pre-season friendlies?

The problem is you don't hear the players on the pitch at the Gate due to the constant murmurings of discontent. In other clubs it's the chanting. Still, I digress!

He is a leader through and through. I suggest you watch him carefully at corners, free-kicks and whenever a youngster has the ball within 20 yards of him.

You will certainly see his mouth moving; he doesn't shut-up! biggrin.gif

Guest Burnell4rovers
I agree with Jamie Smith in for Louis Carey, mainly because Louis isn't doing his job properly. I don't know where Louis sees himself in the team picture, but I see him as a defender. He seems to think he's some kind of wing back, defender cum midfield playmaker, I'm sure. Really, where is the point in his continual aimless punts upfield and how many more times does he need to try, before he realises he's no bloody good at it?

Smith is a tougher, more determined player than most at the club and his particular downfall is that he gets the red mist every so often. I'd rather have that and taje steps towards curbing this element of his game. To say that if he's included he will probably be sent off, is very premature and to be honest, a little ignorant. Now I say that, the law of the sod will probably bring it about, but there you go. I want Jamie back in the side and I want him to stay there and be considered for the captaincy as often as possible. A gobby, passionate, hard player is exactly what we need right now. That and a big kick in the arse.

Jamie smiths main problem is not that "occasionally he sees a red mist". It is that he is useless.

He is constantly 10 yards in front of; or 10 hards behind the defensive line. And he cannot make a tackle without sliding in on his backside, which would be fine, so long as he does either get the ball or the man, but invariably he gets neither, leaving the opponent clean through on goal.

Archived