IGNORED

A Solution

fingers

If Mr. Tinnion would give me the "privilege" of his ear for 20 seconds or so, the one snippet of advice I'd give him is...

Pick yer best team and stick with it.

Don't chop and change it every week because someone's had one off day, or because 17 fans on the forum are clambering for it.

Building a team is all about consistency, and trusting your players. In the first 3 league games, we had 3 different strike combinations.

Pick yer best front 2, pick yer best defence, and pick yer best midfield. Stick with it for 4 - 5 games (injuries permitting) and reap the rewards.

Rash chopping and changing of the line-up after last night's performance will not do anything.

If you back your players, they'll back you and respond to it.

Tinmans not that dumb is he? surely he'd pick his best team if he knew what it was! That's part of the problem he's still working out the new signings and seeing how they can fit in the team, and we have to give the team time to gel too, it's not a team who have played altogether before so will take time. Time that this forum seems not to want to give him!

Tinmans not that dumb is he? surely he'd pick his best team if he knew what it was! That's part of the problem he's still working out the new signings and seeing how they can fit in the team, and we have to give the team time to gel too, it's not a team who have played altogether before so will take time. Time that this forum seems not to want to give him!

But the problem is that if you keep changing a team, then it will not gel.

I certainly agree that he doesn't know his best team, and that concerns me a lot. I think now it's time for him to make a stand on this, pick who he thinks is best, and not have his mind changed after every performance.

The management team need to start looking at the bigger picture, not basing rash decisions on the basis of 30 minutes of play here and there.

I'm certain there are many on here, and myself included, who won't agree exactly what that best team is, but I'll back him so long as he shows that he's in charge, and that he knows his own mind. (within reason of course, if it all goes t*ts up and we lose all 5 games, then it's clear that he's not fit for the role!)

But he won't solve our inconsistency problem by being inconsistent himself.

I'm certain there are many on here, and myself included, who won't agree exactly what that best team is, but I'll back him so long as he shows that he's in charge, and that he knows his own mind. (within reason of course, if it all goes t*ts up and we lose all 5 games, then it's clear that he's not fit for the role!)

And in your post you have give the reason why he cannot keep a settled side.

He has to change it in order to get the results. If he was to put out "his" best team and they lost 3 or even 2 on the trot, there would be uproar along the why won't he change it lines.

He is in a no-win situation as long as the players continue to put in lack-lustre performances. How many justified their wages last night?

You can't blame a Manager when a player can waltz through our entire back-line as if they were pi$$ed-up on a Sunday morning?

What Tins has to do is what he is doing. Giving players a decent chance and then changing it when they just haven't done it.

For example; i'm sure Tins would love to put out a back 4 consistently and most people would have agreed with his back 4 every game so far (bearing in mind the injuries at that time). However, they are shipping goals for fun and it has to change.

Do you want to see the same defence for another 3/4 games without the likes of Keogh and Smith being given a shot? I don't!

Archived