IGNORED

Whats Happend To This Stewart Bloke

sbl800

Start of season as I mentioned once before you Mugs fell for it. Stewart new signing, brillant fantastic lets buy thousands of season tickets. We have a team thats crying.gif going to make the play offs! what did I say over the top, too slow, gittin on, passed his best. "Almost like the parrot he is no more." Then guesswot evil post today report quote, "Stewart looking a pale shadow of his best" So wots going on am I right again!!!!!!!!!! crying.gif

Guest brizzlered

Good strikers need good service, they can only do so much themselves. Stewart had a poor start last season at sunderland too. Give him time and some half decent crosses and we'll see what he's clearly capeable of.

you are right but not the only one talking about 'buying' our loyalties; read:- Lita is staying and definately not going - so we all go and get season tickets and then he is sold and that is a betrayal. so they try and cover the cracks with stewart and bridges who may prove canny buys but... its a big but....

Guest Williamz15

Our three main strikers are the same, all slow, anyone heard of GILLESPIE?! that is why we needed lita, brooker and lita were a good partnership, i cant see brooker and stewart being that, they are both the same. how can brooker make space for stewart when he is on the half line most of the game?

Our three main strikers are the same, all slow, anyone heard of GILLESPIE?! that is why we needed lita, brooker and lita were a good partnership, i cant see brooker and stewart being that, they are both the same. how can brooker make space for stewart when he is on the half line most of the game?

Just chose this one but you are all right. Its quite depressing though, another season in this league and not a chance of progressing. Wonder what the next home gate will be.

Guest Williamz15

I get the impression that Stewart thinks he is too good for this division and team (probably is), but he seems to try and do everything but it doesnt work for the team, he needs to stay upfront.

I get the impression that Stewart thinks he is too good for this division and team (probably is), but he seems to try and do everything but it doesnt work for the team, he needs to stay upfront.

That's funny because I get the impression he is trying to cover up for some team mates' failings by attempting to do their jobs as well.

He has no pace but then he never did, it must be a culture shock to him to be subject to constant aimless hoof from the back and the sort of service you get from the completely erratic Murray, (two superb crosses last night, but also a shot from inside the box that actually hit the corner flag and two of the worst pieces of control I've ever seen from a winger).

We just have to persevere up front, there's no alternative now.

The problem is he's having to come too deep to pick up the ball. His control is superb, some of his passing is eye of the needle stuff and I've only seen him misplace one pass. Trouble is he needs to be doing all that further up the pitch and with players who are on his wavelengh, so far only Bridges, Wilkshire and occasionally Brooker seem to be doing that. IF he get's the right support for 90 minutes, week in week out, he could tear defences apart.

city.gif

Start of season as I mentioned once before you Mugs fell for it. Stewart new signing, brillant fantastic lets buy thousands of season tickets. We have a team thats crying.gif  going to make the play offs! what did I say over the top, too slow, gittin on, passed his best. "Almost like the parrot he is no more." Then guesswot evil post today report quote, "Stewart looking a pale shadow of his best" So wots going on am I right again!!!!!!!!!!  crying.gif

Are you actually a City fan, or just happy because you think you're right...?

there's nothing wrong with Stewart, a free transfer on 5k a week, big deal, if you sign a decent striker it's going to cost you around 400-500k anyways, so 5k x 104 weeks = 520k, plus after the 2 years he will be 34 going on 35 and will have no option to go on the sort of pay stucture as the rest of the City players.

It's not his fault that our midfield is drier than the Iraqi desert, the've given nothing to the strikers this season so if you going to blame anyone why not start on the suppliers. farmer.gif

Past his best??? ha ha you watching the stewards not STEWART. Watching every game since he has joined, its not hard to see that he's got the best footballing brain on the pitch.

He always picks the best ball to play, he gives 120%, and most of all he loves this club.

As someone else has quoted further up the page, if you don't get the service then you wont get the goals. Stewart is poacher, the old fox in the box.... Ruud has never scored a professional goal for Manchester United outside of the 18 yard box. So in my humble opinion, its the midfield that is lacking..... We need to start using the wings, and start firing balls into the box, and please stop playing this long ball rubbish that keeps bypassing the midfield.

Any thoughts??

chant6ez.gif

Stewart gave Tinnion a great tip early in the season.

Stewart said " GILLESPIE was quick, intelligent, and a good listener". Their partnership was the best seen this season, but Gillespie was signed by Wilson and had only one league start last season.

Tins response to Stewarts praise of Gillespie, was to go out and sign Bridges. Result, we have the quickest forward, Gillespie who turns 21 this season, doomed to the bench and reserve grade.

If Tins gets the shaft, i believe Stewart will have his application in the door quicker than Rooney in the box. He is back in Bristol for more than just a twilight playing career.

Stewart said " GILLESPIE was quick, intelligent, and a good listener". Their partnership was the best seen this season, but Gillespie was signed by Wilson and had only one league start last season.

Tins response to Stewarts praise of Gillespie, was to go out and sign Bridges. Result, we have the quickest forward, Gillespie who turns 21 this season, doomed to the bench and reserve grade.

If Tins gets the shaft, i believe Stewart will have his application in the door quicker than Rooney in the box. He is back in Bristol for more than just a twilight playing career.

I don't think he could apply even if he wanted to. As far as I'm aware he doesn't even have his basic level2 coaching badge let alone the B licence he would require if he wanted the job.

The Gillespie conspiracy theory is back again. If there is one thing Tinnion has had just about total support for was his identifying Lita as a young striking talent and throwing him straight into the team. One season and £1m later is he suddenly a petty manager who puts who signed a player ahead of talent?

What is the difference between Lita a year ago and Gillespie now? I'd say it is that he doesn't think Gillespie is in the same league as Lita. Remember Lita got goals as a sub for Wilson, how many goals did Gillespie score in his 2 starts plus 10 sub appearances last season?

Edit: spelling!

Get Partridge out of the team, that's the solution.

All he does is smack it up the field. He has limited pace, is often beaten in the air (or misjudges the flight of the ball so lets it go over his head) and has absolutely no composure on the ball.

How this guy is playing for Wales I have no idea, but that fact seems to have convinced most City supporters that he is exactly what we need (prior to actually seeing him in action).

To be honest, I don't particularly trust Heywood either, but I trust him more than Partridge and the central partnership in defence should definitely be Big Clayt and Heywood. Either that or give Keogh a few games, with Fortune.

One of the main problems throughout the team as a whole is the lack of composure on the ball. This is therefore highlighted in the defence as they can play the longest balls, opting to do so rather than taking their time and supplying the wingers with decent balls down the line, or giving it short to the central midfielders in order for them to pull the strings.

Wilkshire is definitely capable of that and yet we rarely see it.

Get comfortable on the ball guys, then go and win this division.

The Gillespie conspiracy theory is back again. If there is one thing Tinnion has had just about total support for was his identifying Lita as a young striking talent and throwing him straight into the team. One season and £1m later is he suddenly a petty manager who puts who signed a player ahead of talent?

What is the difference between Lita a year ago and Gillespie now? I'd say it is that he doesn't think Gillespie is in the same league as Lita. Remember Lita got goals as a sub for Wilson, how many goals did Gillespie score in his 2 starts plus 10 sub appearances last season?

Edit: spelling!

Gillespie will be a start up risk, all new players are. I think all of us saw Lita as a realistic talent, and Tins is certainly not a petty manager. I don't think he's any kind of manager. He's 100% BCFC, a long serving player who played mostly old 3rd division and not as captain.

Gillespies run ons last season were with a disintegrating team with many senior players now elsewhere. With more actual football talent in the side this year i would like to see Gilly get a run. Chances have been handed to Golbourne, Skuse, Cotterill and Brown, even Orr .

You have it right though, he doesn't rate Gillespie enough for the same push he gave Lita. The point is Gillespie could have been given a permanent chance with 1st team matches at another club. His career has and is going nowhere at Ashton Gate. I wish him well and hope he gets a decent chance somewhere before he gets "old".

Gillespie will be a start up risk, all new players are. I think all of us saw Lita as a realistic talent, and Tins is certainly not a petty manager. I don't think he's any kind of manager. He's 100% BCFC, a long serving player who played mostly old 3rd division and not as captain.

Gillespies run ons last season were with a disintegrating team with many senior players now elsewhere. With more actual football talent in the side this year i would like to see Gilly get a run. Chances have been handed to Golbourne, Skuse, Cotterill and Brown, even Orr .

You have it right though, he doesn't rate Gillespie enough for the same push he gave Lita. The point is Gillespie could have been given a permanent chance with 1st team matches at another club. His career has and is going nowhere at Ashton Gate. I wish him well and hope he gets a decent chance somewhere before he gets "old".

If Gilly is not happy to be one of four strikers at the club and be behind Stewart, Bridges and Brooker (who have all scored already), then yes maybe he should move on. If he waits he will get a chance to prove himself as we always use at least one striker as a sub so he's only one injury/suspension away.

I don't think he could apply even if he wanted to. As far as I'm aware he doesn't even have his basic level2 coaching badge let alone the B licence he would require if he wanted the job.

Frank, there you go killing a good rumour with facts. It has been mentioned to me that Tins and Stewarts contracts run out at the same time. That gives Stewart between now and then to get one of those mickey mouse badges.

I don't like the player/manager scenario, its too much for one guy, as Tins and others have found out. I still believe Stewart has the managers job at the end of his rainbow. It makes sense, and gives him an even longer career with the club he supported as a lad.

Frank, there you go killing a good rumour with facts. It has been mentioned to me that Tins and Stewarts contracts run out at the same time. That gives Stewart between now and then to get one of those mickey mouse badges.

I don't like the player/manager scenario, its too much for one guy, as Tins and others have found out. I still believe Stewart has the managers job at the end of his rainbow. It makes sense, and gives him an even longer career with the club he supported as a lad.

Sorry about that!

I agree with you about player/manager. If Marcus does want to be manager he needs to be taken on as player/coach really because you need to be doing practical coaching alongside the actual coursework to pass the qualifications. At least that is what I've been told by a friend of mine who has taken a couple of the badges.

Are you actually a City fan, or just happy because you think you're right...?

there's nothing wrong with Stewart, a free transfer on 5k a week, big deal, if you sign a decent striker it's going to cost you around 400-500k anyways, so 5k x 104 weeks = 520k, plus after the 2 years he will be 34 going on 35 and will have no option to go on the sort of pay stucture as the rest of the City players.

It's not his fault that our midfield is drier than the Iraqi desert, the've given nothing to the strikers this season so if you going to blame anyone why not start on the suppliers.  farmer.gif

Bit late but just noticed your post Y A W N . SEEN MORE GAMES THAN YOU EVER WILL FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE HOME AND AWAY. Even watched Stewart when he was playing for the ga#####e. Also worked at ground in the heady days of 1st Div football. So goodbye and keep trying and WAKE UP!

May i just add that i'm loving this start to the season, i've never been a fan of Tinnion (yes he can pass, but can he run, tackle, head, jump, shoot, defend etc etc?? no !). When he was given the job it was clearly pre-organised as it happened so quickly after Danny's departure (seriously, how many decent managers would love to have had the City job??), he then goes and hires/promotes his mate who also has no past experience in managing a football team. Last season i boycotted Ashton Gate in disgust as i don't want him charge, but people gave him time, now after this terrible start finally people are complaining. Good !

Anyway, in regards to tactics, from all that i've bothered to see this season (plus reports from fellow City season ticket holders), what i can tell is that the midfield is to blame mostly.

No penetration down the wing (Cotterill needs to learn to cross a ball, good prospect though, i like the look of him), Citys age old problem of having no left winger (last good left winger was Alan Walsh right??). So central midfield, we got Skuse and Wilkshire, 2 supposedly talented players with good passing ability, so why arent we using them??

PASS the ball to them and get them to try and open teams up, either passes to the wing or through the middle (surely Stewart can read a through ball?).

Yes Stewart isnt the quickest, but neithers Shearer, but teams fear him, its all about the speed of the brain not the speed of legs.

Bridges, don't know if he was unfit or uninterested, but he didnt look sharp when i saw him. Brooker at least looked willing and put in a lot of effort (after all, those long balls arent going chase themselves !).

However has been mentioned, none of these players are blessed with pace, which if you've got the brains isnt the problem, but lets be honest here, none of our strikers are international quality, so if there is a lack of brains we need pace, which is where Gillespie comes into play (not sure why Tinnion doesnt like him), surely giving him 20-15mins at the end of the match against tired players with Skuse and Wilkshire proving good passes is going to bear fruits?

Anyway, thats my view, and to be honest if Tinnion departs or steps down soon i for one wont be crying into my beer.

Start of season as I mentioned once before you Mugs fell for it. Stewart new signing, brillant fantastic lets buy thousands of season tickets. We have a team thats crying.gif  going to make the play offs! what did I say over the top, too slow, gittin on, passed his best. "Almost like the parrot he is no more." Then guesswot evil post today report quote, "Stewart looking a pale shadow of his best" So wots going on am I right again!!!!!!!!!!  crying.gif

Because obviously you can come to this conclusion from a couple of games at the start of the season ???? I think not.........

Give him and the lads a chance !!!!

If Tinnion were sacked and you didn't like the new manager, would you boycott Ashton Gate again ?

I'd be happier if someone with some success and experience was put in charge of the club.

but is it not the right of their supporter to not attend matches in disgust of the current management/performances?

It's nice to see someone pleased with our poor start and even more pleased that we are struggling.

Trust me, i'd rather see us the other end of the table, but if we have a bad start and Tinnion goes now this gives us more of a chance to turn things around.

Sorry about that!

I agree with you about player/manager. If Marcus does want to be manager he needs to be taken on as player/coach really because you need to be doing practical coaching alongside the actual coursework to pass the qualifications. At least that is what I've been told by a friend of mine who has taken a couple of the badges.

Bransonmo is a qualified coach, teaches mainly downunder, some of his sober comments are spot on.

Archived