IGNORED

Tatics

Tales From The Front

I have seen the Doncaster, Bournemouth and Port Vale Games. In each of these matches City have been dominated in midfield. The result of which is that we are back to giving away possession far to easily and the defence hitting long balls to our service starved strikers.

It seems to me we have returned to the scanerio of last seson which resulted in the demise of Lee Miller as a City player. Many questioned Millers ability but he was the victim of tatics that are also the bane of Brdiges and Stewart. That is strikers who require the ball to feet are having to chace down long balls played behind defences. OK if your Owen not so good if you don't have pace.

Tinnion has acknoweldged publicaly that it was the ability of Lita to score goals from nothing that has hid this tatical failing previously. But with a light weight central midfield pair the problem has arrisen again, as we fail to control matches in midfield giving the ball away and putting our error prone defence under more pressure.

Bristol Boy is on the right track in my view when he suggests changing to a back three and putting five across midfield. But the knives are out for the management team beacuse there is a sence of de ja vu, lessons appear not to have been learnt and we seem unable to string passes together and retain the ball and play to the strenghs of our forwards.

It is not a case of giving more time, but for the present coaching staff to recognise the current tatical difficulties and resolve them. Failure to do so will inevitably cost them their jobs and justafiably so.

Guest Tactical Genius

At this level you rarely see any side keep possession for more than 3 passes.

Where we fail is that we do with the ball when we regain possession of it.

Pace on the break is all important. Watch any successful side at any level at any point in history and the strength is invariably a stout defence coupled with pace on the break. Draw the opposition in and then hit them hard and fast.

Archived