IGNORED

Song's/voices That Make You Shiver.....

BS5_RED

The favourite song thread got me thinking so:

Which songs/singers make you shiver? (in a good way)

Here's a few of mine.

The Smiths:

How soon is now

Back to the old house

Please, please, please, let me get what I want

Morrissey & Siousie Soux:

Interlude

The Jam

English Rose

Frank Sinatra

It was a very good year

Puccini

Turandot - tenor aria englandsmile4wf.gif

Radiohead:

Street Spirit

The Stones

Gimme Shelter

Massive Attack

Unfinished Sympathy

Teardrop

Bruce Springsteen

Thunder Road

Johnny Cash

Hurt. Saddest song and video ever.

"Patriotic songs"

British National Anthem - esp at a sporting event

Jerusalem

And even though I'm english: -

Welsh National Anthem - esp at the Millenium stadium. I've never been so intimadated.

Footy Songs

Drink up Thy Cider when AG is packed. farmer.gif

You'll never walk alone - (Version sung at the end of the Hillsborough documentary)

Johnny Cash

Hurt.  Saddest song and video ever.

Have to agree there. Completely different in meaning from the original, which is about drug and alcohol abuse. Both are equally sad songs, but the original is in perspective not as sad because Trent Reznor came back from the place he was in when he wrote the song, while jonny cash passing away not long after makes that song all the more sad, as it's an admission that he knows that it's coming sad.gif

But the Cash version is so harrowing, especially with the video. Although i have to say seeing Nine Inch Nails perform hurt Live was one of the best moments in my life, to hear the whole croud singing the chorus was simply incredible, never had the hairs on the back of my neck stand up so much.

(although there is someone on this forum who thinks he could write a better song in 10 minuites than Hurt, quite an achievement IMO rofl2br.gif )

As for me,

Songs that make me shiver,

Nine inch Nails - Something i can never have

Nine Inch nails - And all that could have been

Alice in chains - Rooster

Anything that Maynard James Keenan, (singer of tool and A perfect Circle and general god type bloke) sings.

Another few;

Athlete - Wires - Very meaningful song, very raw music, love it.

REM - Losing My religion - Another meaningful song, Phil-Collins-Soundalike has a lovely voice.

Daniel Bedingfield - Nothing hurts like love - A bit of a wussy song, but very sad & a nice voice.

Phil-Collins-Soundalike has a lovely voice.

Being a huge REM fan, it upsets me to think that Michael Stipe is being considered a Micharel Stipe soundalike!! wink.gif Nice song though. Would recommend you listen to some more of their stuff, try their new album (a greatest hits therefore a good introduction). I would at least make sure you listen to Nightswimming and Daysleeper aswell as the obvious Everybody Hurts, Man On The Moon, This One Goes Out To The One I Love, It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine), Walk Unafraid (not all on the greatest hits album bizarrely!).

Anyways, on the subject of Hurt by Nine Inch Nails.. I love the song. Another that shakes me and it is the lasting memory I have of the one time I saw them. It was after Moby at Glastonbury, I never knew about them and it was my first sounding of any NIN material... an awesome introduction I must say!! I am off to download this Johnny Cash version now....

Agree with Stayt together for the Kids too by Blink as mentioned above.

New one for yous... He Don't Love You Like I Love You by Daniel Beddingfield

Being a huge REM fan, it upsets me to think that Michael Stipe is being considered a Micharel Stipe soundalike!!  Nice song though. Would recommend you listen to some more of their stuff, try their new album (a greatest hits therefore a good introduction). I would at least make sure you listen to Nightswimming and Daysleeper aswell as the obvious Everybody Hurts, Man On The Moon, This One Goes Out To The One I Love, It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine), Walk Unafraid (not all on the greatest hits album bizarrely!).

Although it is not critically acclaimed in the way Automatic for the people is, the album Up is quality. I reccomend it. Very sad, but great music

Guest MaloneFM
Agreed.  Daysleeper....

And 'At My Most Beautiful' however 'Nightswimming' is better.

BUT

It cant top 'Abide With Me' at Wembley against Stoke.

It is the definitive cup final hymn and we were singing it under the Twin Towers for the last time. Never mind the result I will always thank Stoke for requesting that for Sir Stanley Matthews.

crying.gif

Archived