IGNORED

Bristol City World

dolman_bcfc

Guest routabout

Yes, I'd say it's worth the money, if only for the commentary. I have World Extra, which lets you go around the other clubs in PremiumTV's network of sites and view the clips archives etc.

The techies there are a bit second rate, but overall they do a decent job. It's things like inconsistency in media files, but WMP should handle them okay for you.

I tried it for a year but found it to be a waste of money.

If you are unable to get to any games it might be worth it for the match highlights -also make sure that you have broadband.

The interviews just ramble on and on - predictable safe questions and if I was to say politely that the City players' ability to string a few intelligent sentences together is about the average for a professional footballer, at the end of the day, you know, like you say, I have to accept the manager's decision. D'ya get me?

Christian Roberts used to be a laugh just for the number of cliches he could pack into a 5 minute interview, you know!

I am thinking of buying Bristol City world after seeing all the highlights and interviews etc they show on the main site. Has any one on this forum got it, if so would you say it is worth the money?. Thanks in advance.

I like it & use it daily. The highlights are useful for office talk (I share an office with a numner of BCFC and Gas fans). The interviews are also worth while. city.gif

Guest routabout

Actually, what I'm finding, is that some media files fr interviews etc, when hot off the press are wrongly linked. I've mentioned elsewhere that I play them through mplayer in linux and I notice file spec differences that don't correspond to what should be being downloaded. ie the stream data says it's a low quality stream, but the server fed mime-type headers and other refernces say it's a high quality stream. Eventually they get it all sorted, but it can get bloody annoying when you really want to watch a clip. I've only just watched the Danny Wilson interview.

In english, we would say that they tend to cock up a little, but they eventually get their acts together. Sometimes you just need to be patient and try again later. Sort of sums things up for the club as a whole really.

Archived