IGNORED

When We 'booed' Pulis

whooosh

Back in the dark days when Pulis was 'manager' and Brian Tinnion was taken off and substituted, he slowly walked off adding fuel to the booing at the manager's decision and then the chorus of "you don't know what you're doing", surely this was the time our Chairman at the time knew he had to get rid and bit Portsmouth's hand off when they asked for Pulis. Nobody criticised people for booing then, certainly not Brian Tinnion.

Back in the dark days when Pulis was 'manager' and Brian Tinnion was taken off and substituted, he slowly walked off adding fuel to the booing at the manager's decision and then the chorus of "you don't know what you're doing", surely this was the time our Chairman at the time knew he had to get rid and bit Portsmouth's hand off when they asked for Pulis. Nobody criticised people for booing then, certainly not Brian Tinnion.

Some have some very short memories. doh.gif

Not one to boo, but get very frustrated & annoyed that we can't put anything together consistantly.

The comments pre -season from BT & CS were all upbeat, but we are in danger of losing the hype & passion.

If there was a glimse of something happening then, please lets hear it.

And even DW got some boo's.

And it seemed ok then too ?

doh.gif

No Richie it wasn't. It never has been and never will be OK to boo the players playing for OUR club. We are there to support. These boards are for discussion and criticism where required, there are phone-ins for the same. When we are at the ground, booing will not help and never has helped.

I don't believe that you have ever felt Tins could succeed and I think that this is partially clouding your judgement. I think that you whilst you began the season with a degree of optimism as did we all, there was always a seed of doubt in your mind and this means that you will always have a negative view of the Tinman reign.

No Richie it wasn't. It never has been and never will be OK to boo the players playing for OUR club.  We are there to support.  These boards are for discussion and criticism where required, there are phone-ins for the same.  When we are at the ground, booing will not help and never has helped. 

I don't believe that you have ever felt Tins could succeed and I think that this is partially clouding your judgement.  I think that you whilst you began the season with a degree of optimism as did we all, there was always a seed of doubt in your mind and this means that you will always have a negative view of the Tinman reign.

My point was that even DW & his teamed got booed.

But I havn't stated its the right thing.

Why do you think that certain fans boo ?

Yes, you are right, I diod think BT was the wrong choice.

But with all the pre-season activity, I thought that maybe just maybe we have to give BT time to get his team sorted.

Yes, it's only 6 games into the season, but it's becoming more & more frustrating.

If I thought we had given it a real go for 90 mins then hope would still be there.

I said it should be judged after 10 games - then we should have a clearer picture.

And you are right in the back of my mind I continue to have some concerns.

Luke, are you still convinced we are moving forward ?

My point was that even DW & his teamed got booed.

But I havn't stated its the right thing.

Why do you think that certain fans boo ?

Yes, you are right, I diod think BT was the wrong choice.

But with all the pre-season activity, I thought that maybe just maybe we have to give BT time to get his team sorted.

Yes, it's only 6 games into the season, but it's becoming more & more frustrating.

If I thought we had given it a real go for 90 mins then hope would still be there.

I said it should be judged after 10 games - then we should have a clearer picture.

And you are right in the back of my mind I continue to have some concerns.

Luke, are you still convinced we are moving forward ?

Richie

I will try and answer your questions:

1 - I think certain fans boo because they feel the same frustration that I feel, the almost painful need to get this frustration out of our systems.. We all feel this way at the minute (even BT I am sure!). The difference is I am able to articulate my frustration when perhaps others aren't? I am determined to support the team when perhaps other have already decided that they think they know what's best for the club (a change at the top) and would do all they can to push it along?

In short I have no idea why these people boo but whatever the reasons I am certain that there are better and more constructive ways to express ones frustration!!

2 - Convinced... ummm... no. I felt at the end of last season that we had moved forward during the season. I have never suggested that we are better now than we were under DW, although I do feel DW went at the right time. He had become stale and had begun to do things that just weren't his or City's fortés!

I think we have better players now than we did last year... the problem is Richie, I have no idea whether we are looking at a decent season or not. Neither do you, neither does everyone else yet I am afraid... how many of these 10 games are left? Perhaps we all need to chill for a couple?

Re: Your point - you said: "And even DW got some boo's. And it seemed ok then too ?"

I was pointing out that it was not OK then as this comment insinuates. Never has been, never will be.

Archived