IGNORED

Golbourne Taking Free Kicks!

GeoTheCiderHead

Today, with around 20 minutes left we had a free kickin a fantastic position. Max 20 yards from goal. Easily scoreable position. We thought maybe Stewart,maybe Bridges or Scott Brown. What do we get? Scott Golbourne. No disrespect to the lad but if you want to win a football match you do not let him take free kicks that could be the difference between going home with 1 point or 3. His corners are bad enough, let alone his free kicks. Iknow it sounds like I'm slagging him off. I do however think he is a fairly sound defender who can also get forward and be effective but he shouldn't be taking free kicks ! FULL STOP!

Today, with around 20 minutes left we had a free kickin a fantastic position. Max 20 yards from goal.  Easily scoreable position. We thought maybe Stewart,maybe Bridges or Scott Brown. What do we get?  Scott Golbourne.  No disrespect to the lad but if you want to win a football match you do not let him take free kicks that could be the difference between going home with 1 point or 3.  His corners are bad enough, let alone his free kicks.  Iknow it sounds like I'm slagging him off.  I do however think he is a fairly sound defender who can also get forward and be effective but he shouldn't be taking free kicks ! FULL STOP!

Like the corner we scored from? I wonder what Mickey Bell's free kicks were like when he was in his teens, Scott has good technique with his left and there is no reason he shouldn't take them if our left footed set piece wizard from Swindon can't get on the pitch.

Like the corner we scored from? I wonder what Mickey Bell's free kicks were like when he was in his teens, Scott has good technique with his left and there is no reason he shouldn't take them if our left footed set piece wizard from Swindon can't get on the pitch.

Come on man get a grip, I like golbourne but his delivery is shocking, I agree he shouldn't of taken that free kick, he can't even beat the 1st man, be it free kicks or corners. I've got nothing against him, he a great player but can't take set peices.

Come on man get a grip, I like golbourne but his delivery is shocking, I agree he shouldn't of taken that free kick, he can't even beat the 1st man, be it free kicks or corners. I've got nothing against him, he a great player but can't take set peices.

Am I the only one to see him put the corner in for our goal? Its all very well saying he shouldn't take it but who else? We're not blessed with left-footers, as I said Grant Smith would take them when he's on the pitch but he wasn't.

Scott Golbournes crossing is better than most from dead balls. Last season he was very poor, but all of a sudden he has started putting pace on his crosses and they are causing problems.

Golbournes free kick was no worse than Bridges attempt in the first half.

Some shocking defending from the kid, but his dead balls are not what should be criticised for cos he was pretty good at them yesturday.

I have a funny feeling it may have been Bridge's corner for the goal. SG's corners were awful, say anything else and you are wrong. I counted 6 when he not only didn't beat the first man, but he was hitting them a metre from the ground. Simply not good enough yet. Scott Brown is your corner man, think he may also be an answer for free kicks to.

if our left footed set piece wizard from Swindon can't get on the pitch.

I hope you're using the irony button with that comment!!

Grant Smith looks a real waster, and sad to say it, but I think we've taken on a real dud there who will spend his time drifting between the reserves and the bench.

showpony.

I have a funny feeling it may have been Bridge's corner for the goal. SG's corners were awful, say anything else and you are wrong. I counted 6 when he not only didn't beat the first man, but he was hitting them a metre from the ground. Simply not good enough yet. Scott Brown is your corner man, think he may also be an answer for free kicks to.

No.

If my memory serves me right, Bridges held his hands out and was the first to make a run towards the near post to drag the defenders away from the back post.

SGs corners were clearly not all awful although I am sure he will be the first to admit that they need improving and they need to be more consistent.

Too.

No.

If my memory serves me right, Bridges held his hands out and was the first to make a run towards the near post to drag the defenders away from the back post.

SGs corners were clearly not all awful although I am sure he will be the first to admit that they need improving and they need to be more consistent.

Too.

You're right. Golbourne took the corner we scored from.

goulbourne is a decent left back looks good going forward but shouldnt be taking set pieces i said this from day one he rarely beats the first man yes he did set the goal up from a good delivery but one good delivery out of all those that he has taken not good enough i think scott brown should take the set pieces the pace he gets behind that ball is quality

Archived