IGNORED

Possession

graham b

This season we have played six games and have had less than 50% possession in each. Yesterday we had only an amazing 32%.

Too much hoof ball and not enough build up play through midfield. Yesterdays possession statistic certainly showed the difference between a Wilson team and a Tinnion team most clearly.

It might be an obvious statement but it certainly difficult to win games when you don't have the ball!

spot on mate! we are an extremely poor side, the 1st half yesterday was the worse I've seen for years (possibly ever!)

we are a complete & utter shambles with no organisation or imagination & still show no signs of improvement. After the humilation of mid week you would expect the players to bounce back not get even worse!

I hope to God Tinman sorts this out but 50+ games & no improvement whatsoever does not give me any hope - just imagine what proper sides will do to us if we continue to play so badly - we are in for some massive thrashings this season!

spot on mate! we are an extremely poor side, the 1st half yesterday was the worse I've seen for years (possibly ever!)

we are a complete & utter shambles with no organisation or imagination & still show no signs of improvement. After the humilation of mid week you would expect the players to bounce back not get even worse!

I hope to God Tinman sorts this out but 50+ games & no improvement whatsoever does not give me any hope - just imagine what proper sides will do to us if we continue to play so badly - we are in for some massive thrashings this season!

Colchester next, no mugs then Swansea away who smashed 5 past Walsall away w00t.gif dosent look to optimistic sweatingbullets.gif

yesterday embarassement in front of only ten thousand, next week hundreds of thousands!

the 2nd half may have been better but the 1st was extremely painful - we are far worse than last season with arguably better players!

You can blame it on gelling etc.. but then explain Brentford, Oldham etc... the excuses run thin after so much use!

Something needs to change now while we're only 5 points off the top - this gap will grow much wider!

We need someone experienced who knows how to change games - whether that's a coach or manager/assistant manager I don't mind but we look a very amateur side!

how much more time can we waste with "defensive training" ?

We consistantly look appalling defensively so what does that say for the quality of the coaching?

I supported tinman/millen up to the last dozen games of last season & the few this season up until yesterday, BUT there comes a point where you have to admit we have major, major problems - we are not improving in anyway shape or form!

I am sick to death of being the laughing stock of this division!

Guest SteveinNC
This season we have played six games and have had less than 50% possession in each. Yesterday we had only an amazing 32%.

Too much hoof ball and not enough build up play through midfield. Yesterdays possession statistic certainly showed the difference between a Wilson team and a Tinnion team most clearly.

It might be an obvious statement but it certainly difficult to win games when you don't have the ball!

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that changes need to be made. I have said all along that we needed to give Tinns and co. time to get things right. But I was hoping to see signs of improvement, and that lessons had been learned. But it would appear nothing much has changed.

However, there is still time to turn the season around.....but until we get this defence right, mid-table is the best we can hope for.

It is so disappointing to see another season going down the pan!

The possesion stat only highlights the fact that our midfield is still non-existent when it comes to controlling the game.

The key to our problems is midfield, without a doubt. If we had a commanding midfield that protected our defence and provided a decent service to our strikers, a lot of our problems would disappear.

I know Skuse is rated highly by a lot of people, but he is just not ready yet and is a boy doing a man's job.

I've said before I'd like to see a diamond midfield with Grant in front the back four (including Keogh), Wilkshire and Smith (G) in the centre and Stewart/Bridges in the hole with Bridges/Stewart and Brooker up front.

The possesion stat only highlights the fact that our midfield is still non-existent when it comes to controlling the game.

The key to our problems is midfield, without a doubt.  If we had a commanding midfield that protected our defence and provided a decent service to our strikers, a lot of our problems would disappear.

I know Skuse is rated highly by a lot of people, but he is just not ready yet and is a boy doing a man's job.

I've said before I'd like to see a diamond midfield with Grant in front the back four (including Keogh), Wilkshire and Smith (G) in the centre and Stewart/Bridges in the hole with Bridges/Stewart and Brooker up front.

For christ sake, Skuse has been one of our only good and consistent performers so far, you'd have Grant Smith and Luke Wilkshire infront of him, thank god we've got Tinnion as manager then!

Ridiculous.

For christ sake, Skuse has been one of our only good and consistent performers so far, you'd have Grant Smith and Luke Wilkshire infront of him, thank god we've got Tinnion as manager then!

Ridiculous.

He lacks presence. And while he may be our most consistent performer, he doesn't dominate, nor does he help the rest of the midfield to dominate.

His passes are, in the main, sideways or backwards and he doesn't drive forward with the ball or use the space in front of him.

Maybe he just needs someone alongside him to nurse him along, but presently, we can't afford that luxury. We need experienced pros in the middle who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and we just don't have that right now.

I'm not saying Wilkshire and Smith would be any better but playing Wilkshire and Skuse in the middle just isn't working and until we get a centre midfield pairing that does, we will continue to get the performances we have seen.

Bridges might be another option, as he improved the game immensely when he came on, but it was in an attacking midfield role.

I firmly believe that if we can get the right pair in the middle, our defensive frailty would improve too.

He lacks presence. And while he may be our most consistent performer, he doesn't dominate, nor does he help the rest of the midfield to dominate.

His passes are, in the main, sideways or backwards and he doesn't drive forward with the ball or use the space in front of him.

Maybe he just needs someone alongside him to nurse him along, but presently, we can't afford that luxury.  We need experienced pros in the middle who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and we just don't have that right now.

I'm not saying Wilkshire and Smith would be any better but playing Wilkshire and Skuse in the middle just isn't working and until we get a centre midfield pairing that does, we will continue to get the performances we have seen.

Bridges might be another option, as he improved the game immensely when he came on, but it was in an attacking midfield role.

I firmly believe that if we can get the right pair in the middle, our defensive frailty would improve too.

I think Skuse has done an excellent job in the first team for such a young lad, although he did tire dramatically towards the end of the Dons game and I would have brought him off.

Having said that - Once Russell is fit I'd put him straight in for Skuse because I think he's what we need in terms of keeping possession of the ball.

Archived