IGNORED

Anyone Living In Weston,

Scrumpymeup

A while back I posted on here saying my family were looking to re-locate to weston and asked for some help with certain areas etc.

I am now facing redundancy again from my job so looking at the possibility of Weston again now as my wifes job can be moved to there. We are only looking at Weston and not Worle or other near areas.

We have seen on the net properties in Stradling Avenue, some on the Bourneville Estate and our favourite is George Street which is the closest to the sea front.

I would appreciate any help on what these locations are like, our budget is low and we are aiming to be as near to the front as we can but realise property is more expensive there.

Thanks in advance.

Martin.

Stradling Avenue is on the Bourneville so they'll be the same area. Can't say a lot about the area as I've never lived there but it's pretty much a typical council estate that isn't without it's dodgy areas, though it's a lot less rough than it was, say, 20 years ago.

George Street would be the most convenient for town and the beach, it's also got Tescos at the end of the road and the train station is only a very short walk. It's a one-way street which is quite narrow with cars parked down either side and several speed bumps. Also, a lot of the houses have some kind of business immediately to the rear of them.

Alternatively, for a mere £126K you could buy a nice large, 2 double bedroomed flat with superb views out across town situated just above the Boulevard in the centre. praying smiley.gif

A while back I posted on here saying my family were looking to re-locate to weston and asked for some help with certain areas etc.

I am now facing redundancy again from my job so looking at the possibility of Weston again now as my wifes job can be moved to there. We are only looking at Weston and not Worle or other near areas.

We have seen on the net properties in Stradling Avenue, some on the Bourneville Estate and our favourite is George Street which is the closest to the sea front.

I would appreciate any help on what these locations are like, our budget is low and we are aiming to be as near to the front as we can but realise property is more expensive there.

Thanks in advance.

Martin.

Thanks for this.

I forgot to add we have dogs so need to have a garden, does your flat have access to a back garden at all?

So stay away from Bournville estate area then!

Hello mate, resident Westoner here, have been for donkeys years. As with most areas, it really does depend on your price range. I wouldn't recommend the Bournville, as I know quite a few people down there, and it's not a place I'd recommend bringing up your kids, but if you're used to that sort of area, and can look after yourself, it's not as bad as some areas of Bristol or Cardiff or Swindon.

If you're OK to spend something more in the range of 150-200 grand, you've got a lot more options in the areas on the other side of Weston in Worle and Milton. Worle's a pretty safe area, and so's Milton. Both areas are no more than about 5 miles from the Town centre, and the areas of higher ground toward the woods are really nice, albeit very much more expensive. If you've got some more information for me, I can probably point you in the right direction. smile.gif

Hi there.

Thanks for this and I wish we did have more to spend but I am in the slums of Cardiff so house prices are a lot less than we are looking at in Weston! What is the area like around George Street, I am coming over for a viewing this week so can see what the house is like.

Worle and Milton do seem nice areas, my wife's work would be in Weston though and she isn't a very confident driver hence trying to get as near to the town centre as we can afford.

Just hope I could find something quick so I could be sat along the sea front now with a nice pint of Blackthorn! farmer.gifpraying smiley.gif

The area around george Street isn't a dodgy area at all and everything in town is easily walkable. It does have a lot of small businesses around, generally in lanes at the backs of the houses. One of the drawbacks of being near town is a lack of parking spaces.

If you want to be near town and have a budget of up to, say, £130-150K then I would seriously suggest looking at flats instead of houses. That sort of money would get you a very nice 2-3 bedroom place with garden (unfortunately my place has no garden, but the woods are just up the road). Southside and the lower reaches of the hillside would be your best bet. Houses in town at that sort of money will tend to be quite small.

If living outside the town centre is an option then there are thousands of reasonably priced places in all the new housing being thrown up around Locking Castle, St Georges etc.

Worle and Milton do seem nice areas, my wife's work would be in Weston though and she isn't a very confident driver hence trying to get as near to the town centre as we can afford.

Milton is about a 10 - 15 min bus ride from the centre, and a comfortable walk smile.gif

Archived