IGNORED

Argyle Fans Infiltrate.......

BS4 on Tour...

I went to see Somerset v Durham in the recent one-day cricket extravaganza at Taunton and was very surprised at the number of Plymouth and Exeter fans in the crowd giving Somerset very vocal support.

They should support cricket in their own county and leave us to support Somerset. They even had the cheek to sing "Drink up thy cider" !!!!

There was also a big group of lads singing "We are Bude, we are Bude, we are Bude..." etc. How far will people come to see the mighty Sabres?!!!

Cornwall and Devon have pretty good minor county cricket teams so b*gger off to watch them and stop glory hunting!

Good to see that City shirts are still on sale in the Somerset Club Shop though!

Just thought this post would make a nice change to all the anti-Tinnion stuff!

w00t.gif

Yeah but really.... Minor League cricket isn't the same is it? I mean Wiltshire float around home grounds and they are sometimes playing at Sport Centres... I used to be a Season Ticket holder at Somerset because I wanted to see top class Cricketers... I met the best of the mid/late 90's cricketers at Somerset including a very good Aussie Ashes team (Warne, Waugh's, Healey, McGrath etc etc)

Bristol isn't actually in Somerset either!

Are you sure ?

Yes they play in Bristol, but Bristol is a county !

County town of Glos is Gloucester !

I'd be interested to learn why Glos CCC play in Bristol. Can somebody enlighten me as to why their home isnt in either Gloucester or Cheltenham? Has that area of Bristol ever been included within the boundary of the Shire?

Guest filtonred
Has that area of Bristol ever been included within the boundary of the Shire?

Before Bristol was given county status the boundary between Somerset and Gloucestershire was the River Avon, so Bedminster, Brislington and everywhere else south of the river were originally in Somerset and have never been in Gloucestershire. This probably makes City the first Somerset team in the league not Yeovil. farmer.gifcity.giffarmer.gif

Guest torquay red

crying.gif

Bristol was given County Status in the 14th Century!

Always amazes me how many sagheads support Glos CCC!

ohmy.gif You learn something new everyday,i always thought Bristol was in the county of Avon,obviousely not!

Avon hasn't existed for a few years now. It was swapped for BANES, South Glos and all the others. But before Avon County existed, Bristol was a City with County status, however, traditionally south of the river was Somerset and North Gloucestershire.

The C14th is very early, did we have a cathedral then?

Archived