IGNORED

Loyalty Deserves Patience?

BS4 on Tour...

Let's get one thing straight, Brian Tinnion is a Bristol City legend. He suffered abuse early in his City career as a player and he stood firm and played his way into our hearts forever.

Being Bristol City manager is not an easy job - we haven't exactly set the world alight over the last ten years have we? Tinnion is obviously not finding it an easy transition from player to manager and he deserves our support.

Ok, so some of his comments after the MK Dons game were probably misguided but it shows that he cares. He is hurting because we gave Danny such a great ovation and he is hurting because he is desperate to get it right and give us the success that we all believe a club like ours deserves.

We must support Brian Tinnion - he is Bristol City to the core, he has shown that on the pitch for over a decade and he is trying to show it as the boss.

He deserves every chance to get it right - he doesn't deserve to be hounded out before August is even over.

Just remember that goal at Anfield in 1994 and remember the guy who scored it and remember how much he cares about our club.

Blokes like Tony Pulis deserve to be hounded out - blokes like Brian Tinnion don't.

Let's get behind the lads 100% and see where it takes us, we can only fail but then again, we might sail........keep the faith and live the dream!

chant6ez.gif

Let's get one thing straight, Brian Tinnion is a Bristol City legend. He suffered abuse early in his City career as a player and he stood firm and played his way into our hearts forever.

Being Bristol City manager is not an easy job - we haven't exactly set the world alight over the last ten years have we? Tinnion is obviously not finding it an easy transition from player to manager and he deserves our support.

Ok, so some of his comments after the MK Dons game were probably misguided but it shows that he cares. He is hurting because we gave Danny such a great ovation and he is hurting because he is desperate to get it right and give us the success that we all believe a club like ours deserves.

We must support Brian Tinnion - he is Bristol City to the core, he has shown that on the pitch for over a decade and he is trying to show it as the boss.

He deserves every chance to get it right - he doesn't deserve to be hounded out before August is even over.

Just remember that goal at Anfield in 1994 and remember the guy who scored it and remember how much he cares about our club.

Blokes like Tony Pulis deserve to be hounded out - blokes like Brian Tinnion don't.

Let's get behind the lads 100% and see where it takes us, we can only fail but then again, we might sail........keep the faith and live the dream!

chant6ez.gif

sorry the guy had all last season,it did not look good then.

Take Leroy out of the equation and were do you think we would have finished.

Let me tell you about 2/3 down the table.

Yes Brian as a player was good,manager is a different ball game he aint up to it.

chant6ez.gif

chant6ez.gif

Spot on, Glad to see so many people on this forum today backing Tins.

Brewster, you're spot on pal. Tinnion deserves respect from every Bristol City supporter. The "Gobsmacked" story was obviously ill-advised but it shows he cares.

I for one will be giving him a big cheer on Saturday in front of the Sky cameras!

Good luck for the rest of the season Brian!

BS4 Red

i want to see tinnion succeed as much as anyone but i have seen enough.we cant afford to say give him till christmas cause it could be over by then.not only do we have to start winning but we need to play a lot better than we are.it was the first time when we won 4-2 that i felt dissapointed with a win cause the performance was diabolical for 60 mins.I don't think he is the man for the job.

Guest routabout

Brewster, you bring tears to my eyes man, VERY well said. Very well said indeed.

Red Robin, show some realism and respect for crying out loud. Last season was his debut season as manager, with somebody else's squad, part of which weren't professional enough to show a former team mate the respect that they should show to a manager. They should have been rooting for him, not causing him problems!

This season is his REAL starting point and with so many changes, we would have been incredibly lucky to have gotten off to a good start. Our players are getting used to it. They are human. So is Tinnion. To be honest, this place is going beyond being abusive and insulting to the man, it's becoming collective harrassment and it's bang out of order. This is a man who has given this club everything he had as a player, as well as an all to rare commodity these days, loyalty. Last season was not one that it is fair to judge Tinman on, because he had the extenuating circumstances of the prima dona 'I'm bigger and better than the gaffer' brigade. Even then, as a rookie manager, he finished JUST outside the play-offs. I think that's good going, all things considered!

Let the team gel and get used to playing with each other in a competitive environment and let Tins concentrate on doing a job that he is still learning. Talk about giving somebody a baptism of fire. Tins DOES have what it takes to BECOME a fine manager, I will stake my name on that. All this adversity is going to make him a stronger man and manager. IF he is driven out of this club, another club is going to benefit and it's the short-sighted whinging glory-hunters who we will have to thank.

I wonder, if we were all to say outloud:

I SUPPORT BRISTOL CITY THROUGH THICK AND THIN

How many of us say it ALL out loud and how many mumble one of those words. Take your pick. I shout the whole damned lot of it, at the top of my voice, me.

** Awaits mod warning / banning **

Guest North Street

chant6ez.gif

Top post that man chant6ez.gif

Perhaps City "supporters" last saturday were still applauding Wilson's last ever game as a City manager whistling.gif

Guest The Traveller

tinns has it in him to be a fine manager.how did you work that out. no sign of that yet.if he was to leave, what team would take him on as manager i cannot think of one sorry.

Guest routabout

Because I consider all of the variables and facts, when making my assessment. I noticed you chose to isolate a small piece of my post out of context, do you want to be a tabloid hack?

Tinns showed a big improvement in us last season, when we were having hard times and as a rookie manager, to get that much of a change out of an underperforming teamm I think was good going, all things considered. Remember we had Doc's and Colesy with all their 'big I am' attitude and I think he did well. That was his debut season.

I'm normally an atheist, but tonight I'll be praying for success for Tins and the club, if only to get the chance to really be able to tell the whingers to shut the hell up. But then, you're intent on booing Tins out of a job, to ensure that you aren't proven wrong, is the impression that I'm getting.

If everybody got behind the whole club, at least on matchdays, then when it's decided if he's staying or going, nobody has any come-backs, do they? It is stupidity to deny that the antics of some sections of the crowd recently, wouldn't have had a negative effect on our players and probably a positive one on our opponents, so why do it? You are contributing to the team's problems. The 'protests' that we've seen so far are simply counter productive. Those people are getting their avenue of attack all wrong and this is obvious. From my point of view, if they are doing that wrong thus showing the ability to blindly make a 'wrong move', then statistically they have less chance of being right on related issues, which give them their motives. Arrogant maybe, but logical.

If there was at least some progress though it wouldn't be soo bad, Tinnion just shows time and time again he has no clue tactically, after endless pre-season games he still hasn't got a clue of his best team or how to play.

He is constantly in the media mouthing off at his players and moaning about things left right and centre and this whole Wilson and the fans story is the latest joke of the Tinnion Era.

Things like having a go at this player and that player should be kept in house,

The man needs to go, we just keep going backwards with him in charge

Archived