IGNORED

Can Bcfc Transfer List Wilson?

Mr Mosquito

As the board, rightly or wrongly, awarded Danny Wilson a 3 year contract at the start of the season I'm wondering how they can get rid of him without having to pay up his contract. Transfer listing Danny Wilson could be a low cost option with BCFC probably having to offer any recipient club money to take him.

As Wilson has presided over the sale of Scott Murray and will not sign Mark Robins, even though Robins is free transfer listed, I think it is now time for Wilson to go. We are now in danger of dropping into the Div 2 relegation zone partly thanks to Wilson's baffling tactical errors and his mediocre signings such as Matthews, Miller and Wilkshire.

:Costumed19: Scott Murray should not have been sold - Wilson out.

its only the start of November, weve had a good breif cup run in the Carling Cup, Weve played some nice football at home, perhaps not getting the results we deserve, we matched Sheff Wed who are tipped for promotion, weve matched QPR who are also tipped for success this season, we are in the top half of the table, cosidering Scott Murray was a huge loss weve shown we can play well without him, we have an excellent accademy who are only getting better... All of this and you want Mr Wilson Sacked! I agree, I cant see him being here at the end of the season if we don't go up but untill then lets get right behind the bloke.

Danny will get us out of this poxy Division and into Division 1! I have great faith! :D

...After all, he is a quality defender and was unlucky to miss the header that lead to Beattie scoring Southampton's first goal.

As for Wilson, I also have faith in him getting us out of this poxy Division as well... shame that it will mean that next season we will end playing our league games in an even more poxy one! :clap:

Ok my joke's over, but on a serious note! Let's wait until Mid-Winter around January and then see where we are by then.

We aren't the only top club in the 2nd Division to be doing quite poorly this season you know!

Why have the widespread (not everyone) grumblings of 10 days ago become somewhat muted lately?

surely it must be the dazzling football?

the goals coming out of our ears?

great victories? since the Wycombe debacle

but wait we have

drawn (AT HOME) to an average Sheff Wed

lost (LOST) to a Premier League side, admittedly

1 goal scored, I point won, out of the Carling Cup

So basically I'm calling on all the Wilson Out Brigade (last week), please be consistent, At least RedGoblin is!

On another point, I have just read the main news item on the official site...for the first time in ages I have to agree with Wilson.

YES Danny it is 'time to produce'... SHAPE UP OR SHIP OUT

I know there are times he baffles everybody but all managers do at one time or another.

Even Alan ######s had his critics and he got us into the old first division for god sake! :clap::D

I still hold to the opinion that there are a lot worse options out there and if you read Cheshire Red's post from earlier today you will see that the nationwide is littered with teams who thought that a change of manager was the answer to their problems, only to end up in a lower position.

EDITOR!!! I didn't SWEAR it's his name!!!!

We aren't the only top club in the 2nd Division to be doing quite poorly this season you know!

Attitudes like that are the reason we habitually underacheived in a tin pot league

I could not give a toss what other clubs are doing...in fact EVEN more of a reason for us to have got off to a flyer

NO TO SEVERNSIDE

openEnd

Yep, at least I'm consistent. Surely it can't be just openEnd that broadly shares my view? :Confused13:

I think Danny Wilson has had long enough to get us out of this poxy division, results so far this season suggest he is not capable of getting us promotion. I've also got a sneaking suspicion that some BCFC players would also like to see the back of Danny Wilson.

He might be on borrowed time, perhaps in a normal role he would have been moved on by now but I cannot think of a situation where any club has managed honours and changed manager's mid-stream, a few have avoided relegation but none I can think of have won anything.

I'd give him until January just because of that, we have nothing to gain by switching now, lets get behind him and hope he can turn things around.

Guest budbcfc

I said the other night he spends 2 much lent against the dugout instead of encouragin the players. he has had enough time now 2 know which his best team is but he is confused with the talent he has at his hands. he never had a academy at his previous clubs. therefore not having common sense 2 realise this thenhang him. :D

Reply to Redlander

I think Dave MacKay took over from Brian Clough at Derby circa 1974, after Clough stormed out, and Derby still managed to win the league Championship. As you rightly say, we'd probably have to write off promotion this season if Wilson was replaced. Barring a 12 match Wigan style unbeaten run our league season's probably over anyway. :D

Catch 22 situation and that's probably why more forum users are not moaning about Wilson and our mid-table status at present.

Attitudes like that are the reason we habitually underacheived in a tin pot league

I could not give a toss what other clubs are doing...in fact EVEN more of a reason for us to have got off to a flyer

NO TO SEVERNSIDE

That's the first time I've ever said that!

The only reason I did in the first place was because I am fed up of City not taking advantage of other teams results.

It has seemed so far that we could have been top of this Division by now if City didn't keep drawing or losing when various other clubs looking for promotion have also done the same thing.

It seems that whenever City do come to win in the league, then all the other big teams do so as well. Or if they draw or lose then we also do the same thing. Pretty much a type of magnet we all seem to have at the moment.

Come to think of it, how long have we been 1 point behind Sheffield Wednesday? Bloody ages it seems to me! I don't like magnetism in Football.

I think it's about time City should do as expected in this league by most fans and actually win games we should clearly dominate against the poorer division 2 sides as well as win against the clubs who are above us.

I know every team has it's bad patch during a season, but surely it's impossible for City to say they've had theirs and that from now on it will be a smoothly running marathon for them up until May. Somehow I can't see it though. :clap:

I am looking for City to show some good consistency in their football from now on so they can prove to the fans and themselves that players like Scott Murray and Mark Robins aren't coming back to help the rest of the team out.

They need to start learning how to work without him I reckon and to come up with various new tactics to make out that we don't miss Murray for all the wrong reasons.

I of course would like to see Murray back, but at the moment I don't like to think that we've gone from a "1 man" team to a "no man" team. Instead I am more interested in us being an "11 man" team with 11 good players plus good management from Danny Wilson to win us promotion this season.

Come on City! I know you can do it!!! :D

Fact is this the only team we have dominated in perfromance this year is Notts County.

What is most worrying is the lack of quality performance. Results often change on a clinical finish, mistake or refereeing discision (County Hit the bar at one nil up remember). Had City been putting in quality performances the theory that we can go on a run of eight wins etc. would be with some foundation.

Reality is we have not, although Tuesday night was an improvement in certain areas provided by a supurb Tinnion performance and ably assisted by Woodman.

Clist and Hulbert continue to score goals in the reserves but alas our leader will not eat humble pie and reinstate these players. He is also rumored to be considering Mark Robins at long last but this is Wilson's greatest problem a quater of the season has gone and now he chooses to react, he really needs to be more proactive and less reactive!!!!

Barring a 12 match Wigan style unbeaten run our league season's probably over anyway.

What a sad, negative, defeatist attitude and what absolute nonsense. Sixteen games, a third of the way through the season and already suggesting our season is over?. :Confused13:

It truly amazes me what poppycock is touted when a few results don't go our way and we put in a few under-par performances.

I'm not saying that we are the best team in the league and we are guaranteed to get promotion this season, but why don't you try biting your tongue till after Christmas?

Trying to maintain a positive attitude is not to say you agree with what the manager, the board or the team is doing, but just to offer some support to THE CLUB. After all, isn't that what we are all here for?

At least in January, if your 'prophecy' is fulfilled, you can then justifiably gloat and say 'I told you so' to all us fans who had 'blind faith' in THE CLUB and tried to maintain a positive viewpoint.

So basically I'm calling on all the Wilson Out Brigade (last week), please be consistent, At least RedGoblin is!

I'm still very much in favour of the removal of Mr Wilson from his post (and I don't mean his favourite dug out) but what can be said that hasnt been said before? If you keep on repeating the same message in topics then the thread simply becomes boring.

Of course should we lose today then i'll the first to once again question whether Wilson is the right man for the job. If we win then so what? We should be beating the likes of Luton.

Archived