IGNORED

Performance... Again!

SimplyRed

I just thought I'd reiterate my comment from last week.

Performance is the key tomorrow. We MUST give a good account of ourselves - for Tinnion's as well as our sake.

I'd be willing to take a draw - or even an UNLUCKY narrow defeat! - as long as we play like the home team, play football and take the game to them.

If Tinnion is to show any sign of turning this around, he MUST get to grips with the way we are playing, especially in midfield.

I think the Tinnion critics, myself included, would be more patient if we could see some form of improvement in our play, irrespective of the result.

It's time Tinnion delivered his promise that his team would 'do a Luton' and play 'in their faces'.

Performance is the key tomorrow.  We MUST give a good account of ourselves - for Tinnion's as well as our sake.

I'd be willing to take a draw - or even an UNLUCKY narrow defeat! - as long as we play like the home team, play football and take the game to them.

If Tinnion is to show any sign of turning this around, he MUST get to grips with the way we are playing, especially in midfield.

I think the Tinnion critics, myself included, would be more patient if we could see some form of improvement in our play, irrespective of the result.

It's time Tinnion delivered his promise that his team would 'do a Luton' and play 'in their faces'.

I take your point. But I think results are the main thing for now. I'd hope that performances would come after a run of good results when confidence has returned.

But as you say - there is no reason for them not to get in Colchester's faces regardless of confidence levels.

Whilst i agree with you simply red about the performance aspect, i really do feel that we cant afford to lose to much more ground on the top teams. Whilst it is still early days, 3 points is still 3 points whether its the 6th game of the season or the 46th....they all count come the end.Ideally of course you want a good performance and a win, but at the moment i,d rather take an average or slightly poor performance and 3 points than a good performance and nothing to show for it.

Guest The Traveller

take a draw come on we have to beat these sorts of sides. please not another draw. tinnion needs a WIN we have already dropped 4 points at home, draws cost us big time last season.

The point I'm trying to make is that I believe we need to concentrate on our performances in order to achieve the results we crave.

If we continue the way we are, the results will be sporadic and the wins empty.

In order to achieve consistent results, we must get the performance right.

As is always drummed into us by the Tinnion supporters, the results are not so important at this stage of the season. And I agree - providing we are producing promising performances - which we haven't been, hence my criticism.

Put together a good string of performances with a settled team and the results will come - guaranteed.

The team has to start playing as if they mean business - sooner rather than later.

Its a difficult one, and I was reflecting last night whether I would prefer that we play really well and just miss out, or we win 1-0 playing very badly to a dodgy penalty.

We all wants wins of course, but medium term they cannot come without playing good football. So me me, I will be at least as interested in the performance as the result.

The important question is are all the detractors going to embarass us before the first whistle in front of thousands watching in pubs all over the country or at least keep their pantomine calls to the end? dunno.gif

Performance is the key tomorrow.  We MUST give a good account of ourselves - for Tinnion's as well as our sake.

I really don't look forward to watching BCFC at the moment, I get to my seat and think 'What are we going to get today then, are we actually going to put in a decent performance for once or is it going to be the usual rubbish'.

Here is a tip though, you can usually get a good idea of how the game is going to go in the first 10 mins, if we start poorly very rarely does it improve.

BCAGFC

Archived