IGNORED

Blame The Bored,

mossey

opps , sorry board, surely they must take alot of the blame for this mess,they took the easily opition and appointed Tins, instead of getting an experienced manager in , and letting tins work with and learn of him, how may decent managers have we missed out on over the years, all down to the bored! banghead.gif

opps , sorry board, surely they must take alot of the blame for this mess,they took the easily opition and appointed Tins, instead of getting an experienced manager in , and letting tins work with and learn of him, how may decent managers have we missed out on over the years, all down to the bored! banghead.gif

Trying to remember when the cheap option worked for any club...i am sure there have been many instances. arghh yes.. Hollowhead was not so bad for the Rovers was he? i wander why Martin Scott took over at hartlepool? Perhaps a similar putsch as has been rumoured to have happened at the City. Proteges both tins and scott and both having a baptism of fire so far.

14 months ago and you can imagine what SL was contemplating; get tins to take over at a 1/4 the salary, help the balance sheet, stop the flood of cash and we can bounce back. he must have known what is now happening to City was no better than a 50:50 chance. SL is a smart businesman but his acumen in this decision is looking dicey now and that is a real shame. its a no win situation for him. stay as we are and quite possibly stay in the lower echelons of division 3 or set aside some additional cash for an early change. He is obviously a gambling man but i doubt he is ready just yet to throw the dice again but it cannot be that far round the corner. 10 games and he will, he must make a decision.

Trying to remember when the cheap option worked for any club...i am sure there have been many instances. arghh yes.. Hollowhead was not so bad for the Rovers was he? i wander why Martin Scott took over at hartlepool? Perhaps a similar putsch as has been rumoured to have happened at the City. Proteges both tins and scott and both having a baptism of fire so far.

14 months ago and you can imagine what SL was contemplating; get tins to take over at a 1/4 the salary, help the balance sheet, stop the flood of cash and we can bounce back. he must have known what is now happening to City was no better than a 50:50 chance. SL is a smart businesman but his acumen in this decision is looking dicey now and that is a real shame. its a no win situation for him. stay as we are and quite possibly stay in the lower echelons of division 3 or set aside some additional cash for an early change. He is obviously a gambling man but i doubt he is ready just yet to throw the dice again but it cannot be that far round the corner. 10 games and he will, he must make a decision.

yep, but in the mean time we are still expected to stump up £18/£20 every home game . keep buying season tickets, etc etc, cos if we don't it will all be our faults, for not supporting the club, and then there will have to be cut backs! but how much longer can we wait? banghead.gif

yep, but in the mean time we are still expected to stump up £18/£20 every home game . keep buying season tickets, etc etc, cos if we don't it will all be our faults, for not supporting the club, and then there will have to be cut backs! but how much longer can we wait? banghead.gif

I keep thinking back to Sheffield Wednesday when they sacked Turner. They appointed Sturrock, a proven manager at this level, and who wouldn't have come cheap, and they were promoted within a year. Similar to Hull City. They thought big and appointed Taylor (who we have turned down at least once) and just look at them now.

I keep thinking back to Sheffield Wednesday when they sacked Turner. They appointed Sturrock, a proven manager at this level, and who wouldn't have come cheap, and they were promoted within a year. Similar to Hull City. They thought big and appointed Taylor (who we have turned down at least once) and just look at them now.

absolutamente matey. there are many manager's out there who can turn this shambles around and fast. but it will cost a lot for SL, maybe more if he does nothing. he's going to roll those dice sooner rather than later me thinks.

If we sacked Tinman, then they would probabaly hire Stewart as manager rofl2br.gif

Guest hairyshamrock

I've been blaming the board for a poor appointment since about a day or 2 after the announcement but i was shot down with "give him time". No, i know nothing that goes on at the club obviously...

I think the difference between Scott, Holloway and Tinnion is that 2 of those had and have what it takes to be a manager but Tinnion hasn't. Its that little something extra that a manager can give when the brown stuffs flyin at the whirly thing that he hasn't got.

Lets just put it like this, Ferguson had it but Brian Kidd didn't... simple as that.

but we DID get a top manager in danny wilson and look

where it got us NOWHERE. banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

I think the difference between Scott, Holloway and Tinnion is that 2 of those had and have what it takes to be a manager but Tinnion hasn't.  Its that little something extra that a manager can give when the brown stuffs flyin at the whirly thing that he hasn't got. 

As yet there is little difference between Hollowhead and Tinman.

Former fans' hero Skeletor failed miserably at Rovers and was hounded out by their fans.

At the moment it's odds on exactly the same thing happening to Tinman.

Only difference is the ex-Tote Ender was given alot more time.

Archived