IGNORED

Nfl

elhombrecito

Live on Sky on Sunday night:

Dolphins vs Broncos 6:00pm ( chant6ez.gif )

Giants vs Cardinals 9:15pm

Unfortunately means I'll be in the pub all day for the cricket and then have to stay on to watch Miami! Don't think my better half will be too happy, but nevermind!

Oh, and Rog, watch any scrum you like and I'll come and collect my 5 guineas! Ta!

Another tough match next week, against the dreaded Fins. Bring 'em on!  chant6ez.gif

That's right Stucider! Brilliant 34-10 win over the Broncos this evening, all watched in the comfort of my local. That and today's cricket have cheered me up no end after yesterday! biggrin.gif

Redhyde - we have a quarterback! Gus Frerotte 24 of 36 for 275!! I'm not predicting a Superbowl or anything, but things are looking up!

Have to admit the Bucs had an impressive win at the Vikings too. Don't care about that Disney team though - THE FINS ARE BACK!!

Guest scrumpy dare
Long suffering Chicago Bears fan myself...  They haven't had a decent team in ooo..gotta be 10-15 years...  Sounds familiar!  crying.gif

hey i remember a few years back when the bears where playing the bengals and the bears came back from a big score to win in extra time so there has been some moments to remember for the bears chant6ez.gifbiggrin.gif

Happy man here as well, Giants beating Arizona 42-19 is a great start.

Don't know if any of you watched the game (it was the main event after the Miami v Denver warm up act whistling.gif ) but the Giants looked good offensively.

Eli Manning didnt have the greatest game, although to be fair one of his interceptions was a tipped throw and the other was an outstanding play by the Cardinals linebacker Dansby (he had the other pick as well). The encouraging thing from the Giants point of view has to be the depth at running back. Tiki is a class act who is hugely under-rated, Derrick Ward appears an able back up for ium and complementing these two is the monster that is Brandon Jacobs - built like a linebacker with the speed of a running back.

Things looking up for the Giants, only worries are the potential injuries to Karem Mackenzie and Jeremy Shockey. An injury free Giants should equal a play-off bound Giants this year.

Guest scrumpy dare
Happy man here as well, Giants beating Arizona 42-19 is a great start.

Don't know if any of you watched the game (it was the main event after the Miami v Denver warm up act  whistling.gif ) but the Giants looked good offensively.

Eli Manning didnt have the greatest game, although to be fair one of his interceptions was a tipped throw and the other was an outstanding play by the Cardinals linebacker Dansby (he had the other pick as well). The encouraging thing from the Giants point of view has to be the depth at running back. Tiki is a class act who is hugely under-rated, Derrick Ward appears an able back up for ium and complementing these two is the monster that is Brandon Jacobs - built like a linebacker with the speed of a running back.

Things looking up for the Giants, only worries are the potential injuries to Karem Mackenzie and Jeremy Shockey. An injury free Giants should equal a play-off bound Giants this year.

yeh i ssaw it too...giants my second team. well done giants and comon tikki barber! chant6ez.gif

Redhyde - we have a quarterback! Gus Frerotte 24 of 36 for 275!!  I'm not predicting a Superbowl or anything, but things are looking up!

Have to admit the Bucs had an impressive win at the Vikings too.  Don't care about that Disney team though - THE FINS ARE BACK!!

You sure you didn't pull up Frerottes career record there? whistling.gif It's nice to see such a balanced offense with imagination at last.

Have the broncos ever actually beaten us?

Jason Taylor is a god for us Dol-fans

been cowboys fan since 1st time it was on tv here (82 or 83)

stuck with them through the bad times (late 80s ,with 1-15 and 3-13),got reward with the 3 superbowl wins in 4 years,and still going despite the poor form in last few years

last year was a real disapointment after the 2003 season,but we had a good preseason (3-1) and a even better win at the chargers on sunday.

live monday night football next week vs washington,at home

Saw the Colts highlights last night, glad to see my team win after a bad preseason. Their defence looked very solid and offense was good as you'd expect from Manning, James, Harrison, Wayne and Stokley.

Week 2 schedule -

Sunday -

Baltimore at Tennessee

Buffalo at Tampa Bay

Detroit at Chicago

Jacksonville at Indianapolis

Minnesota at Cincinnati

New England at Carolina

Pittsburgh at Houston

San Francisco at Philadelphia

Atlanta at Seattle

St. Louis at Arizona

Cleveland at Green Bay

Miami at N.Y. Jets

San Diego at Denver

Kansas City at Oakland

Monday -

N.Y. Giants at New Orleans

Washington at Dallas

Not many interesting match-ups this weekend. Dolphins vs Jets is always a good game though. New England face the hotly tipped (by some pundits anyway) Panthers down in Carolina.

Go Patriots !!

Ugh i hate the Jets!!!

It's Frerottes fault. 20 of 43 just isn't good enough. Rushing was fine with the main carrier taking over three yards as average so perhaps it was utilised enough.

Need a QB with a decent arm not just brain to progress. Still at least it's only early in the season and it was close.

Very poor result for New England yesterday with a 27-17 loss to Carolina. Tom Brady managed to rack up more passing yards than Jake Delhomme but only completed just over 50% of his passes. Poor rushing offence (just 39 yards all game) let the Patriots down.

The Colts and Steelers continue to look good in the AFC. Over in the NFC everyone seems to be pretty mediocre with only the Bucs sporting a perfect record ahead of tonight's match-ups between the Giants-Saints and Skins-Cowboys.

Looks like Chad's beginning to get that form back - 19/30, 190YDS, 1TD, 0INT

Actually reading the match reports it sounded like Pennington had a pretty poor game until the match-winning drive in the 4th quarter.

If I'm being honest I never really expected the Dolphins to win (I was all mouth!) but the two games so far have been a MASSIVE improvement on last year and I'm still hopeful for the rest of this season. It was a bonus having the Patriots and Bills both lose too - every AFC East team now 1-1.

Big week for Miami coming up: the Panthers at home followed by a bye week so could really do with a win.

The Patriots defeat shows how wide open this season is with at least a dozen teams in with a really good chance (unfortunately probably not Miami this year though), and I agree with Redrocks about the Bengals looking a good bet at the price - best kit in the League too! Should be a great season.

Savour the win while you can Stucider - you won't win in Miami!

Actually reading the match reports it sounded like Pennington had a pretty poor game until the match-winning drive in the 4th quarter.

Havn't had chance to read any reports really, just had a quick glance at the stats. To be honest, Chad has been struggling with his confidence (and therefore his form) since his injury and I wouldn't mind seeing Fiedler, or even Bollinger, start next week at home to Jacksonville.

As for the rest, the NFC looks pretty damn poor as always whilst quite a few AFC teams are looking strong... Same as last year really. Cinci, Carolina (one of a few strong NFC outfits), Pittsburg looking good to name a few.

Archived