IGNORED

Living The Dream

beaverface

Can anyone remember when Keegan became manager of Fulham and everyone laughed because he was trying to "live the dream" and Fulham to the Premiership?

Why don't we push the boat out and try and get Martin O'Neil on board?

If only we could get this club moving in the right direction, it's just gagging to take off into the bigtime.

Can anyone remember when Keegan became manager of Fulham and everyone laughed because he was trying to "live the dream" and Fulham to the Premiership?

If only we could get this club moving in the right direction, it's just gagging to take off into the bigtime.

Because he's taking time off work to care for his wife who is seriously ill with cancer.

Talk of replacing Brian Tinnion at this moment is pointless. Should he leave THEN talk about replacements but if it does come about then please think of more realistic replacements.

So when he's cared for his wife do you honestly think that he'd want to come and manage Bristol City, I think not. The difference with us and Fulham is that they had El Fayed to bank roll them.

You're all right ! Let's just accept second best and not even attempt to tempt the best.

We deserve Bobby Gould's and the Russel Osmans of this world, 'cos according to some thats the only level of manager that'll be attracted to us.

Paint the right picture and who knows who'll be prepared to help us out. Marcus Stewart managed to convince Michael Bridges to come down.

You could paint all the pictures you want, we are talking about a highly regarded, young premiership quality manager that has because of his wifes illness has decided to take a break. When he decides the time is right Martin O'Neil wont need to drop down the divisions to prove his worth, he's done that already at Wycombe. This is the man that has been linked with jobs at Manure and Spurs in the last few years. City in link with Martin O'Neil, ha laugh.gif

I'm not pretending that we could get o'neil or anyone as good as him, but we have an al feyed in Landsdown. If tinnion does go (which i'm hoping he doesnt and he leads us to promotion) then I think Landsdown has no other option than to do the one good thing he can only do for our football club and thats sign on an experienced and proven manager at a higher level with the money he has.

My choice would be Peter Reid.

Firstly, no to Peter Reid.

Secondly, Lansdown is no Al-Fayed. His money is tied up in assets and he puts enough of his own money in as it is.

Firstly, no to Peter Reid.

Secondly, Lansdown is no Al-Fayed. His money is tied up in assets and he puts enough of his own money in as it is.

so it stops there does it?

no money = lack of choices.

we all know that we have a board with money so why havnt we exploited that? I know it sounds easy as I'm writing this but for me this club does not need a rookie manager, it's too big a task and the pressure is too big. No offence to Tinnion as I have the up most respect for him but this was a no-win decision by the board.

(crossing my fingers that tinnion proves me wrong)

Guest MaloneFM

We have also had experienced managers and got nothing.

At least he knows the club inside out and hasn't had a one team he has been in charge of relelgated..altogether now...YET!

We have also had experienced managers and got nothing.

At least he knows the club inside out and hasn't had a one team he has been in charge of relelgated..altogether now...YET!

we've had wilson for 4 years and that's it? no more experienced managers wanted? Wilson didnt have it. Yes he played sweet football, but that detered as the league got weaker.

You could paint all the pictures you want, we are talking about a highly regarded, young premiership quality manager that has because of his wifes illness has decided to take a break. When he decides the time is right Martin O'Neil wont need to drop down the divisions to prove his worth, he's done that already at Wycombe. This is the man that has been linked with jobs at Manure and Spurs in the last few years. City in link with Martin O'Neil, ha  laugh.gif

Ok, Man Utd. are going to get rid of Ferguson, Spurs will get rid of Martin Jol and then get Martin O'Neil in. Those two clubs must be over the moon with their current managers, so O'Neil being linked to them doesn't make the slightest bit of difference.

Danny Wilson when at Barnsley was also being tipped for some of the top jobs in the Country and look where that got him.

All I'm saying is, if you don't ask you don't get. I'd much rather the board approached Martin O'Neil and he flatly refused us rather than not approach him at all.

I want the best for our club so why shouldn't we approach the best, or would you prefer that we settle for mediocre managers and second best, wheres your ambition?

Why not Keegan? No one suggest Sven id rather have Tins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived