IGNORED

Untitled

CodeRed

Top read.

I agree with most of the content.

BUT

I wouldn't put Wilson in the disaster list.

While he didn't get us promoted, he inherited a shambles & got us to the brink of the Championship. He also had a very good coaching set up.

And to this day, I think something happened leading up to Cardiff & certain players didn't perform. disapointed2se.gif

The name of Gary Johnson would go along side Sean O Driscoll.

And not sure whether we go for 'out of work' manager or someone who has had some experience lower down the leagues & is looking to move up?

All premature, as I don't see SL or BT admitting defeat, even if performances don't improve.

Like you I will judge after 10/12 games. But I reckon BT is in it for the long haul & SL will stick with him.

It will only be fan displeasure that could change things.

Missing out on Taylor & Moyes was a real p!$$er. And all because our current board fancied Pulis (not Taylor) & didn't believe Davidson had Moyes lined up.

As for 2 wins in next four games - I reckon we need 9 points (at least)

Great post CR biggrin.gif

i strongly disagree wilson made us bad you where just impatience.....if he was bad why did we all clap him blink.gif

For some reason the matchday announcer called for an ovation for DW. The fans were already standing to welcome the teams.

Many of us resisted this invitation - although we were not strongly against him, we were happy to see him go.

After all, i didn't exactly feel like giving him a standing ovation after the Millennium Stadium fiasco, so why should i the next time i see him? dunno.gif

For some reason the matchday announcer called for an ovation for DW. The fans were already standing to welcome the teams.

Many of us resisted this invitation -  although we were not strongly against him, we were happy to see him go.

After all, i didn't exactly feel like giving him a standing ovation after the Millennium Stadium fiasco, so why should i the next time i see him? dunno.gif

CodeRed was right in attaching a 'disaster label' to Danny Wilson's tenure at BCFC. The millenium final was the icing on the cake of a four year mediocre tenure by Wilson. Did we even have a shot at goal against Brighton? Leroy Lita did not even make the subs bench!!!! I would rate Tony Barlow as a decent coach but not Danny Wilson as a decent manager. Methinks the situation for Tinman would be better had he made Tony Barlow his assistant.

CodeRed was right in attaching a 'disaster label' to Danny Wilson's tenure at BCFC. The millenium final was the icing on the cake of a four year mediocre tenure by Wilson. Did we even have a shot at goal against Brighton? Leroy Lita did not even make the subs bench!!!! I would rate Tony Barlow as a decent coach but not Danny Wilson as a decent manager. Methinks the situation for Tinman would be better had he made Tony Barlow his assistant.

Tony Barlow? Mmm name rings a bell dunno.gif - fat bloke in Z Cars wasn't he - or was it Take That ?dunno.gif

No, i've got it, one of Ken's illegitimate offspring in Coronation Street. whistling.gif

Whichever, you could well be right about him improving our coaching. rofl2br.gif

agree with the barlow bit although it really is a no brainer saying he could have done better than folded arms millen.

You need a self-serving, stubborn, obnoxious goon.

Please call Geofrey Bubles and ask for Mr Atkins.

Sorted.

poor old atkins; he probably has to work under the biggest bloodsucking chairman in the land. to think rovers were on the verge of div 2 and now they are in div 4 which did not take long to fall. they have produced some cracking players we all know but sell them as soon as someone offers anything over 50p - assuming of course that he only cost 25p. poor bloke - he does it all himself as well. agogo will be the next out the door. snack.gif

Guest DrFaustus
poor old atkins; he probably has to work under the biggest bloodsucking chairman in the land. to think rovers were on the verge of div 2 and now they are in div 4 which did not take long to fall. they have produced some cracking players we all know but sell them as soon as someone offers anything over 50p - assuming of course that he only cost 25p. poor bloke - he does it all himself as well. agogo will be the next out the door. snack.gif

Bugger! You have our club sussed.

Surprised you rated Wilson a disaster.  He joined us when the club was in bad shape.  He sorted out the deadwood and left us after two top three finishes. 

Using your criteria I would say that would make him a success.

Football's all about opions.

I believe that any decent manager given 4 years and spending £1.3M in League One would expect to get promotion.................are you going to give Tinnion 4 years? sure Danny did some good things but at the end of the day he didn't do what he was appointed to do despite being given time and money by SL (something that all managers say they need, but few get , certainly not the time and money that Danny got - Tinnion certainly won't!)

He did indeed clear out the Pulis deadwood, now of course BT is claiming he had to clear out Danny's deadwood !

Managers all seem to follow the same old routine

On appointment = "It will take 3 years to sort out this club, problems behind the scenes bla bla but definite success within 3 years"

Year one excuse = " These are not my players, judge me when I get my own in"

Year two excuse = " New players need time to gel, get used to my tactics etc"

Year three excuse = "Injuries, fans too impatient, we're nearly there, give me another contract to finish the job"

Followed by ...The Sack

On appointment at next club =" It will take 3 years etc zzzzzzzzzzzz..."

Brian's picked up the management process quite well actually, he soon got over his" hit the ground running, Promotion this season, squad good enough, Full house at AG every week, attacking passsing football, " nonsense when he was first appointed and has settled into the familiar rhetoric of managerspeak, he is articulating his year two excuses quite well now.........nust have been on a management course or something!

Archived