IGNORED

Carey Wins National Recognition

CodeRed

Picked this up on another BCFC football site

Carey Named In Team Of The Week

The City defender has been rewarded for his performance in the 0-0 home draw against Colchester United on Saturday by being named in the League One team of the week for 05.09.05

Team of the week: Oakes (Walsall), Carey (Bristol City), Jones (Yeovil), Gerrard (Walsall), Sodje (Brentford), Tabb (Brentford), Sonner (Port Vale), McLaren (Rotherham), Osborn (Walsall), Liddell (Oldham), Leitao (Walsall).

The site editor

http://www.bristolcity-mad.co.uk/news/load...=TMNW&id=239295

is just having a laugh..........isn't he?

Or if it's genuine then obviously the Football League website don't actually watch the player. I lost count of the number of aimless hoofs by Carey last week, most of them landing nowhere near any red shirt, in fact he seemed to be aiming for the opposite corner flag despite no City player being within 30 yards of the goaline.

Anyone see Bridges expression, as yet another Carey ball sailed over his head,

when he gestured in disgust towards his feet.

Carey's worse game since returning to the mother hen/sorry Ashton Gate ....IMO

Given that he was a centreback on Saturday, and performed solidly defensively, I don't think that its a surprise.

He was all too willing to play the long ball at times, but he did his primary job very, very well.

Sometimes I wnder what our players have to do do gain some recognition. We're in the Third Division, we can't expect player who have the whole package.

Guest scrumpy dare
Picked this up on another BCFC football site

Carey Named In Team Of The Week

The City defender has been rewarded for his performance in the 0-0 home draw against Colchester United on Saturday by being named in the League One team of the week for 05.09.05

Team of the week: Oakes (Walsall), Carey (Bristol City), Jones (Yeovil), Gerrard (Walsall), Sodje (Brentford), Tabb (Brentford), Sonner (Port Vale), McLaren (Rotherham), Osborn (Walsall), Liddell (Oldham), Leitao (Walsall).

The site editor

http://www.bristolcity-mad.co.uk/news/load...=TMNW&id=239295

is just having a laugh..........isn't he?

Or if it's genuine then obviously the Football League website don't actually watch the player.  I lost count of the number of aimless hoofs by Carey last week, most of them landing nowhere near any red shirt, in fact he seemed to be aiming for the opposite corner flag despite no City player being within 30 yards of the goaline.

Anyone see Bridges expression, as yet another Carey ball sailed over his head,

when he gestured in disgust towards his feet.

Carey's worse game since returning to the mother hen/sorry Ashton Gate ....IMO

thats a lie. the ball did land next to a red top every time.....which led to a throwing laugh.gif

Guest routabout
Bit harsh on him, he's only a defender remember, not Christiano Ronaldo.

Try telling that to Louis.

Given that he was a centreback on Saturday, and performed solidly defensively, I don't think that its a surprise.

He was all too willing to play the long ball at times, but he did his primary job very, very well.

Sometimes I wnder what our players have to do do gain some recognition. We're in the Third Division, we can't expect player who have the whole package.

Carey would do well to play to his strengths. My problem with Louis Carey, is that he tries to do things that he isn't capable of, resulting in us losing posession. He is causing us a lot of problems with this and it amazes me how some people can't see it.

Bit harsh on him, he's only a defender remember, not Christiano Ronaldo.

Fair enough. So any player who lacks the talent of Christiano Ronaldo (and there are quite a few) is quite justified in earning his hefty wages paid for by fans who don't earn quite as much by constantly hoofing 60 yard balls onto the opposition Centre Half's head or into their keeper's arms. Try telling Brooker and Bridges that (they were both less than pleased on Saturday - Bridges must wonder what the hell he has let himself in for).

Archived