IGNORED

Oceania

city nut

my mate went last week. Said some of the bars are tiny with 4 bar staff behind them! Yes 4 staff thats more than they can fit in the bar! A few small bars I think one bigger bar and a restaurant. She didnt get that far though. Sounds a big place but they've utilised the space with smaller bar areas.

Guest zider_head
Absolutely Quality in there,... caters for nearly every taste!

Aspen ski lodge is my personal fav (live band/singer)

fridays are over 19's only

saturdays over 21's

Dress code: Shoes and a tidy shirt for saturdays

i had a smart pair of base tanned brown leather shows and nice pair of ##### jeans and a bench t shirt and i got turned away for being to casual yes too causal, where else in town couldnt i get in wearing that ?

What did cheer me up a little was seeing liat get turned away 2 mins after when i was walking back past to go to bar room bar, he was throwing his dummy out boig time rofl2br.gif

Guest DrFaustus
Has anyone been to Oceania yet?

Just wondering as I was planning on going there tommorrow night with some mates but someone at work claims it is black tie and over 21 only?

Can anyone comfirm this for me?

That's cojones my friend. The people of Oceana are far more likely to wear shirts and wide-brimmed hats.

Who's Liat?

Anyway, went on the Friday opening night with the missus and it was PACKED!

Saw a dancing robot (I am sure someone spiked my drink)

Inside is huge, loads of stairs and walkways to different rooms. The 80's disco certainly will finish off dirty Reflex once and for all, oh well ;-)

DO NOT WEAR T-SHIRTS!! Luckily I was informed at the last minute to wear a shirt, which I did and had no problem getting in. Bouncers are very selective though!!

http://www.oceana.at/

Tried to get in last night but was also turned away for being too casual. Slightly annoying as id heard good things about the place and was looking forward to running the rule myself.

It appears you have to wear a shirt to get in on friday and saturday, not sure about weekdays though.

Guest redphilc
its a hole, chav central, usual 17 year old slappers aswell.

Doesn't that apply to most of the city centre clubs and pubs?

I was in there last night and thought the place was pretty good although a bit too busy on some of the dance floors.

Dress code isn't anything new just don't expect to get in wearing trainers, crappy jeans etc.

My mate nearly got turned away for wearing a T-Shirt. They asked him if it cost more than £25 which apparently it did so they let him in?!!

My mate nearly got turned away for wearing a T-Shirt.  They asked him if it cost more than £25 which apparently it did so they let him in?!!

I got in the other night with a t sirt that cost me 50 pence!

I likethe place. Nice size and lots of alternatives. The 70's and 80's room was class. Busy but bar queues weren't too bad which is always good.

Excellent night out in my opinion...

Big range of bars (tokyo, aspen ski lodge, french place, first port) and clubs (80s club and modern ice house) and the drinking was cheap aswell (£2 for a pint of stella)

I went on a thursday and people i was with had no problems with t-shirts but trainers seem to be a no-no

Top night out!!!

Went on the Friday opening night thing. Packed out, £3 for a pint of coke and generally not that impressed.

Well that rules that place out for me then, as i don't drink i get ###### off that in places like that you pay well over the odds not to get (I said a naughty word) and act like a ######.

Before it opened i had high hopes that Bristol may finally get a big descent club, sadly from what mates have told me it's just as cack as all the others.

Oh how i would love a descent club to open up a resident night down here sad.gif when Slinky had a resident spot at Creation i was happy, and to be honest i don't really want to have to treck to Sheffield to go to Gatecrasher.

That place could be so good if you opened it as a proper club playing proper club music, it should be absolutely massive but it's capacity is tiny for what it should be, i want to see big dj's and stuff in Bristol, i want the likes of JJ, PvD, the tidy tracks dj's, etc, etc to come here but because Bristol lacks a half descent nightclub they only ever rarely appear at the more underground clubs, seeing JJ at Lakota years ago was ###### awesome.

Guest zider_head

I went last nigh finally, i wore shoes jeans and a smart shirt, took 20 mins to que up before i was charged £7 which i thought was steep really. once inside i got lost several times it was very very busy could hardly move and all bottles were £3.60 which is a rip off (don't i sound old) we should have a drink crisis not a petrol one how they can sell a bottle for £3.60 that you can buy for £1 in tescos is beyond me but never mind, tip is go in (I said a naughty word) from lloyds i think, women were of mixed agaes and quality but i found some ncei girs my age in the 70's room which was good, i will go again but i think it may be better once the initial rush dies down, the bouncers were still very very picky.

I went last night and found it ok. Dressed reasonaly smart but i don't think they cared too much and it was a PJ party to boot!

Like the selection of bars, obviously the 80's disco room was the place to be at - drinks we decently priced and not bad cues either.

Paying for it today though laugh.gif

Archived