IGNORED

Random Thoughts

Nibor

Today was shocking and must be the end for Tinnion as city manager. The guy had passion and commitment and tried very very hard but just didn't know enough and wasn't able to do the job. I hope he takes a break and then starts again a bit lower on the ladder and makes a success of himself as a manager. He doesn't deserve some of the personal insults on here, as a player he was extremely loyal and consistent so lets remember him for that.

Regarding SteveL. Lots of people have been calling for him to step down, using the ill advised "judge me on Tinnion" quote as a reason. Let's be clear on a few things. SteveL made a decision after the playoff final to sack Wilson. He'd given him 4 years and good support and it was understandable even if some disagreed. The appointment of Tinnion we now know was a mistake but SL he supported his manager, tried to take the club forward off the field with the academy and new stand, and communicates better with the fans than any other chairman I know of. Mistakes happen. There's also noone waiting to step in if he does leave so it's not going to happen any time soon. So lets just leave that one alone as long as he does the sensible thing and gets us what we need.

What do we need? We need an experienced manager (10+ years) with a track record of winning promotion from this level and performing at the level above. They need to play half decent football and be able to command the respect of the players. Some of the suggestions on here are ludicrous, people need to be realistic. Bobby Robson isn't coming here, nor is Kevin Keegan. Personally I don't think Martin Allen is a good choice, only managed a few more games than Tinnion and people will hate his style and jump on him at the first opportunity. Johnson turned down Coventry, Rosenior doesnt have relevant experience. More realistic names I think are... John Gregory, Stan Ternent, Ray Lewington? Possibly even Peter Reid although that's probably a bit unlikely.

The players need someone who will be consistent, play a system they can understand and will not take any poo.

Here's to hoping eh?

Nibor

Today was shocking and must be the end for Tinnion as city manager.  The guy had passion and commitment and tried very very hard but just didn't know enough and wasn't able to do the job.  I hope he takes a break and then starts again a bit lower on the ladder and makes a success of himself as a manager.  He doesn't deserve some of the personal insults on here, as a player he was extremely loyal and consistent so lets remember him for that.

Regarding SteveL.  Lots of people have been calling for him to step down, using the ill advised "judge me on Tinnion" quote as a reason.  Let's be clear on a few things.  SteveL made a decision after the playoff final to sack Wilson.  He'd given him 4 years and good support and it was understandable even if some disagreed.  The appointment of Tinnion we now know was a mistake but SL he supported his manager, tried to take the club forward off the field with the academy and new stand, and communicates better with the fans than any other chairman I know of.  Mistakes happen.  There's also noone waiting to step in if he does leave so it's not going to happen any time soon.  So lets just leave that one alone as long as he does the sensible thing and gets us what we need.

What do we need?  We need an experienced manager (10+ years) with a track record of winning promotion from this level and performing at the level above.  They need to play half decent football and be able to command the respect of the players.  Some of the suggestions on here are ludicrous, people need to be realistic.  Bobby Robson isn't coming here, nor is Kevin Keegan.  Personally I don't think Martin Allen is a good choice, only managed a few more games than Tinnion and people will hate his style and jump on him at the first opportunity.  Johnson turned down Coventry, Rosenior doesnt have relevant experience.  More realistic names I think are... John Gregory, Stan Ternent, Ray Lewington?  Possibly even Peter Reid although that's probably a bit unlikely.

The players need someone who will be consistent, play a system they can understand and will not take any poo.

Here's to hoping eh?

Nibor

Stan Ternent - possibly. John Gregory - no bloody way. I still remember the Stan Collymore fiasco, and the buying of a Croat for £7.5million who never played first team football. I'm probably going to get shouted down here, but...I'd be happy with either John Aldridge or Alan Smith.

Today was shocking and must be the end for Tinnion as city manager.  The guy had passion and commitment and tried very very hard but just didn't know enough and wasn't able to do the job.  I hope he takes a break and then starts again a bit lower on the ladder and makes a success of himself as a manager.  He doesn't deserve some of the personal insults on here, as a player he was extremely loyal and consistent so lets remember him for that.

Regarding SteveL.  Lots of people have been calling for him to step down, using the ill advised "judge me on Tinnion" quote as a reason.  Let's be clear on a few things.  SteveL made a decision after the playoff final to sack Wilson.  He'd given him 4 years and good support and it was understandable even if some disagreed.  The appointment of Tinnion we now know was a mistake but SL he supported his manager, tried to take the club forward off the field with the academy and new stand, and communicates better with the fans than any other chairman I know of.  Mistakes happen.  There's also noone waiting to step in if he does leave so it's not going to happen any time soon.  So lets just leave that one alone as long as he does the sensible thing and gets us what we need.

What do we need?  We need an experienced manager (10+ years) with a track record of winning promotion from this level and performing at the level above.  They need to play half decent football and be able to command the respect of the players.  Some of the suggestions on here are ludicrous, people need to be realistic.  Bobby Robson isn't coming here, nor is Kevin Keegan.  Personally I don't think Martin Allen is a good choice, only managed a few more games than Tinnion and people will hate his style and jump on him at the first opportunity.  Johnson turned down Coventry, Rosenior doesnt have relevant experience.  More realistic names I think are... John Gregory, Stan Ternent, Ray Lewington?  Possibly even Peter Reid although that's probably a bit unlikely.

Here's to hoping eh?

Nibor

Of all the available managers I think Stan Ternant has the best credentials (3 promotions in 6 years at Burnley) and left a good side that Cotterill has improved with one or two additional players.

BUT he is - according to newspapers on a 4 man short list at Plymouth (the others are Pulis ! , Reid and Gregory) so if SL is to act he must move quickly as I believe he must be favourite at Plymouth

Archived