IGNORED

No Manager Change Necessary

CTRed

First of all I would like to say that I am still 100% in support of Brian Tinnion as Manager of Bristol City Football Club and Steven Lansdown as Chairman of Bristol City Football Club.

People can drag up various things from the past, what if? we should etc etc but in all honesty if you look long and hard at today's game in particular how can you find fault with Brian? - The players who went out on the pitch and failed to perform their jobs are the ones who should be taking the responsibility.

From what Brian had available for selection in today's game I doubt many people would have altered the starting formation or line up. Indeed the system that was played was exactly that of which many people have been 'crying out' to be played.

From the moment Brian took the job he has made difficult & necessary decisions, he has faced adversity and a general lack of support. Despite this he has given his everything, he continues to put his heart and soul into the club and will develop into a manager who is respected and who gets things done, even in the face of adversity.

Looking into things such as player transfer dealings etc, I find it near impossible for anyone to make a solid case to argue the transactions that have been made. Yes some of people's 'favourites' may have gone but for damn good reason and can anyone disagree with the signings that have been made? especially 7 games into the season!.

I think people have to put things into perspective;

* We are 7 games into a new season in which we have around 7 new players who are still settling and finding their feet .

*We have been disrupted mightily by International call ups and Injuries to Key Players.

*Players are still getting to grips with each other and implemented systems.

In my opinion I believe that Brian will get it right with or without the support of the fickle element 'fans' associated with Bristol City Football Club.

I am no less passionate about this Club than you are, however the fact I am able to be constructive and supportive will no doubt see me being slated!.

Yes Brian has made mistakes as does everybody, and yes the players really have to stand up and take responsibility for failing to perform their job to the required standard.

Please ask yourself - do you really want to jump on the bandwagon and continue to hinder any chance of progress at BCFC or would you rather take a stand and speak up in support of this Club. Now more than ever this club needs its real supporters to make their voices heard.

First of all I would like to say that I am still 100% in support of Brian Tinnion as Manager of Bristol City Football Club and Steven Lansdown as Chairman of Bristol City Football Club.

People can drag up various things from the past, what if? we should etc etc but in all honesty if you look long and hard at today's game in particular how can you find fault with Brian? - The players who went out on the pitch and failed to perform their jobs are the ones who should be taking the responsibility.

From what Brian had available for selection in today's game I doubt many people would have altered the starting formation or line up. Indeed the system that was played was exactly that of which many people have been 'crying out' to be played.

From the moment Brian took the job he has made difficult & necessary decisions, he has faced adversity and a general lack of support. Despite this he has given his everything, he continues to put his heart and soul into the club and will develop into a manager who is respected and who gets things done, even in the face of adversity.

Looking into things such as player transfer dealings etc, I find it near impossible for anyone to make a solid case to argue the transactions that have been made. Yes some of people's 'favourites' may have gone but for damn good reason and can anyone disagree with the signings that have been made? especially 7 games into the season!.

* We are 7 games into a new season in which we have around 7 new players who are still settling and finding their feet .

*We have been disrupted mightily by International call ups and Injuries to Key Players.

In my opinion I believe that Brian will get it right with or without the support of the fickle element 'fans' associated with Bristol City Football Club.

I am no less passionate about this Club than you are, however the fact I am able to be constructive and supportive will no doubt see me being slated!.

Yes Brian has made mistakes as does everybody, and yes the players really have to stand up and take responsibility for failing to perform their job to the required standard.

Please ask yourself - do you really want to jump on the bandwagon and continue to hinder any chance of progress at BCFC or would you rather take a stand and speak up in support of this Club. Now more than ever this club needs its real supporters to make their voices heard.

*we are 7 games into the season........etc. banghead.gif you forgot the 9 preseason games in which players are supposed to find there feet.

*we have been disrupted by international callups and injuries; rofl2br.gif we were supposed to have cover in every position according to B.T and the reserves would of put a better show against a team that were not even in this league last year. banghead.gif

*players are getting to grips rofl2br.gifbanghead.gif see answers to above banghead.gif

Must we wait until Yeovil do the same to us or we are confirmed as relagated dunno.gif ITS TIME TO BE STRONG AND DO THE RIGHT THING;TINMAN MUST GO NOW city.gifcity.gifcity.gif

Guest leon knight knight knight

chant6ez.gif

Thought this post was from a couple of years back when you lot ousted Danny Wilson.

Exactly how has your club benefitted from sacking the legend that is Danny Wilson?

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone really belives that this was the right decision to make. You were one of the best footballing sides in our promotion season, you lost a one off match to decide your fate for that season but why the hell did that lead to sacking your manager? It was only months before that we were told to ##### off when approaching city for Danny to manage us, why such a turn around?

chant6ez.gif

Thought this post was from a couple of years back when you lot ousted Danny Wilson. 

Exactly how has your club benefitted from sacking the legend that is Danny Wilson?

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone really belives that this was the right decision to make.  You were one of the best footballing sides in our promotion season, you lost a one off match to decide your fate for that season but why the hell did that lead to sacking your manager?  It was only months before that we were told to ##### off when approaching city for Danny to manage us, why such a turn around?

Not everybody here did agree with the sacking of DW.

Guest hairyshamrock

I don't see how you can have this view but then thats what makes the world such a varied place.

If Tinnion hadn't stated that we will go up this year, if Lansdown hadn't stated that we needed to make a strong start and if we weren't getting out played by teams who promotable teams will be turning over with convincing wins then i would agree with you. As it stands, all of the above have happened and we are afloat and rudderless.

I think you're the last remaining happy clapper.

Good luck to you, but even my heart tells me this is the darkest day for this club since '84...

The players have to share responsibility for the shame yesterday of course.

But whats clear, absolutely clear is that we no longer have a team of players, rather 11 individuals trying to make sense of what is, at best, a variable and in effectual set of tactics and match instructions.

Tinnion clearly cannot motivate his players, the team of players he has brought in.

He got them with specific roles in mind and in some circumstance has persisted with players in the wrong positions.

I don't understand how you can defend his position. I can assume that because of your location you don't get to many games(!) but I can sadly assure you that yesterday has been on the cards since the beginning of the season.

We've gone backwards from the end of a poor last season.

Some managers run out of gas or chairmans support, (Wilson) some managers just don't gel with the team, some just can't do it.

I'm now so sad for Brian Tinnion because he's going to find it hard to come back from this situation. either as a manager or coach elsewhere and certainly if our myopic chairman persists with him.

I'm waiting to see whats said on Monday.

If Brian stays, forget it.

I don't get how any City fan can say we don't need to change!

Tinnion has shown in every game that he doesnt cut it in the tatical dept (last season aswell)

He has named players names who HE bought as the right players.

He has played stupid mind games with swansea before the game and it has turned round and bit him on the harris.

How can a man that cant face up to another interview after defeat be expected to run a team?

Great servant to BCFC but we have to get real happy clappers, there is no time for sentiment.

The party is over and in a way a 7 - 1 hiding will have done BCFC a bit of good so that they can see past the end of their noses.

the real supporters want tinnion out - are you one of the 80 or so happy clappers in the ateyeo stand? banghead.gif

chant6ez.gif

I'd be very interested to hear if anyone really belives that this was the right decision to make.  You were one of the best footballing sides in our promotion season, you lost a one off match to decide your fate for that season but why the hell did that lead to sacking your manager?  It was only months before that we were told to ##### off when approaching city for Danny to manage us, why such a turn around?

Not everyone agreed with the sacking of Wilson but he had to go. HAD to go.

Your manager managed promotion in less than 8 months. Danny still hadn't achieved it in 4 years. If we'd had a bad start to the season Danny would've been sacked in less than 6 weeks.

Seeing as we always start bad better he went straight away. I 100% stand behind Lansdown's decision then and despite whats happened since STILL believe he did the right thing at the right time.

Danny lived that whole season on the edge because we blew it in the play-offs the year before. If Leroy had come on and scored the two goals against Brentford at christmas he might have been gone in the new year.

Guest It's_Pacey_time

QUOTE(CoerverRed @ Sep 11 2005, 4:38 AM)

"* We are 7 games into a new season in which we have around 7 new players who are still settling and finding their feet .

*Players are still getting to grips with each other and implemented systems."

Yes we only 7 games into the season, and how well are we doing so far? 1 win, 3 draws and 3 losses, knocking up a point total of....... 6 points and a goal difference of....... -7 w00t.gif that includes 10 goals conceded away, with 1 goal scored away, on the positive at least this year, our home record is better than our away, we are unbeaten at home dance.gif

QUOTE(CoerverRed @ Sep 11 2005, 4:38 AM)

"* We are 7 games into a new season in which we have around 7 new players who are still settling and finding their feet .

*Players are still getting to grips with each other and implemented systems."

Yes we only 7 games into the season, and how well are we doing so far? 1 win, 3 draws and 3 losses, knocking up a point total of....... 6 points and a goal difference of....... -7 w00t.gif  that includes 10 goals conceded away, with 1 goal scored away, on the positive at least this year, our home record is better than our away, we are unbeaten at home  dance.gif

God you sound like tinnion...exuses exuses... sleeping.gif

Guest It's_Pacey_time
God you sound like tinnion...exuses exuses...  sleeping.gif

I was being Sarcastic wink.gif You know Sarcasm, that little thing Tinnion did in pre season saying we're going to win the league rofl2br.gif

You obviously haven't seen any games in the last 2 seasons then have you?.

BCAGFC

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Archived