IGNORED

Allow Me If You Will

Rich-TWSC-

Now please bare with me here... I am going on the basis to the many comments I read on OTIB the the Evening Post along with the limited times I've seen Bristol City since Tinnion took over. I fully acknowledge that I could be completely wrong on this.

Tinnion's imagine on the bench is a genuine shocker.... It is sad but it's almost embarressing, yes he's shellshocked and I fully sympathise but if I was Lansdown I'd tell him to do such expression elsewhere, you are open to the media and fan backlash just sitting there like that, luckily many of the fans on here have given pity to the act.

The result is a combination of poor management and a less than half-arsed football performance. Yes, this was the players doing, but the manager is the guy who brought so many of these players in. He allowed the world to know that he didn't rollock the players at half-time against MK Dons I wonder if that was his tactic yesterday?

Look at the players you brought in this season....

David Partridge :- Yet to win the trust of the City fans

Marcus Stewart :- Yet to score the goals promised to the City fans

Michael Bridges :- Surviving only because people seem to think he's unfit... But Tinnion siad he was fully fit when he joined and 10 games in he hasn't done the business... I wonder when the fans will turn on him?

Alex Russell :- Best player of a little club. Not been fit since joining.

Richard Keogh :- Only just drafted in. 7 goals conceded.

Grant Smith :- Barely played since a poor match. Blatantly joined because of a better financial offer.

Matthew Heywood :- Joined because of a better financial offer... I said you'd concede goals with him at the back... He didn't play yesterday but I'm afraid your poor start does coincide with this guy, it appears that alot of you fail to see beyond his heading ability, he really is quite poor.

Then you look at your other players...

Murray & Carey :- Invited back after poor spells in higher leagues, haven't recovered from that.

Phillips :- Will get worse without sufficient competition

Wilkshire :- Away with the Aussies at key times. Not his fault in that respect.

Basically in my opinion you have too many players here to collect a cheque than wanting to play football.

This can be redeemed as the season is still so young.

You should regard the Blackpool match as the biggest match in years, this is far more important than the Play-Offs because it will show how your manager and more importantly your players will react.

If this result happened in December you'd be in trouble but it's possible to climb. I think you will, but not under Tinnion.

Don't react nastily to this... Point out where I am wrong and we'll discuss.

Regards

Rich

I agree with most of that. It's funny how Partidge always seems to be fit enough to play for Wales.

Carey was crap before he left it was beyond belief that he ever came back.

I actually think Birdges will be good when he's provided with a decent service, which could be a long, long time.

Guest Essence_of_Ron

Will you stop resorting to cheap shots and please concentrate on our own club, NTTDS? This guy is just pointing out stuff fairly, and quite rightly, not jabbing us like you are trying to do him.

I would like to disagree with you on the points that you have made Rich but sadly you are right. Too many players are here for the money than playing for the shirt. WHat ever happened to job satisfaction? Surely in our world of work its the same. You wouldnt got to work every day if you hated the job so there must be some satisfaction in it or you would stay at home and watch Gerry Springer or Tricia on channel 5.

The point is Tinnion has messed up but the players have let themselves down too with poor performances. Some of them expect to just turn up and win without putting in the effort and it doesnt work that way. I work hard for a living and know that when I leave work every day that I have done a good job and that people say they are happy with the service I have given them. I cannot say that for many of the players currently at this club. I really feel for the youngsters coming through to the first team. Watching Bournemouth was bad enough, Cotterill and Brown looked devestated there so god knows what yesterday did to their confidence.

If yesterdays game could of been cancelled I'm sure the club would have done so with internationals and injuries. That doesnt excuse the performance and embarrassment they gave the fans and manager and the same from the manager who leads the team out every match.

I really hope you right Rich that we can turn things around as its only September but I really fear that this is going to take a few seasons to get us right again. I hope I'm wrong on this one. sad.gifcity.gif

Made some very good points there. Your right about most of the players , they arent playing for the club they are just wanting their fat pay checks its a discrace. Its a shame tinns time with the club will probably end like this but he isnt the right man for the job, but i really cant see him turning it around from here. The players obviously don't want to play for him or the club and they should take blame as well as tinns , but we need someone who can motivate the players or we will be in for a relegation dogfight and not a promotion race.

Guest It's_Pacey_time
Now please bare with me here... I am going on the basis to the many comments I read on OTIB the the Evening Post along with the limited times I've seen Bristol City since Tinnion took over. I fully acknowledge that I could be completely wrong on this.

Tinnion's imagine on the bench is a genuine shocker.... It is sad but it's almost embarressing, yes he's shellshocked and I fully sympathise but if I was Lansdown I'd tell him to do such expression elsewhere, you are open to the media and fan backlash just sitting there like that, luckily many of the fans on here have given pity to the act.

The result is a combination of poor management and a less than half-arsed football performance. Yes, this was the players doing, but the manager is the guy who brought so many of these players in. He allowed the world to know that he didn't rollock the players at half-time against MK Dons I wonder if that was his tactic yesterday?

Michael Bridges :- Surviving only because people seem to think he's unfit... But Tinnion siad he was fully fit when he joined and 10 games in he hasn't done the business... I wonder when the fans will turn on him?

Grant Smith :- Barely played since a poor match. Blatantly joined because of a better financial offer.

Matthew Heywood :- Joined because of a better financial offer... I said you'd concede goals with him at the back... He didn't play yesterday but I'm afraid your poor start does coincide with this guy, it appears that alot of you fail to see beyond his heading ability, he really is quite poor.

Murray & Carey :- Invited back after poor spells in higher leagues, haven't recovered from that.

Basically in my opinion you have too many players here to collect a cheque than wanting to play football.

You should regard the Blackpool match as the biggest match in years, this is far more important than the Play-Offs because it will show how your manager and more importantly your players will react.

If this result happened in December you'd be in trouble but it's possible to climb. I think you will, but not under Tinnion.

Regards

Rich

Yep, these are all right, although Marcus does have the club at heart, he turned down offers of more wages at higher levels of football. Partridge was a waste of money, Bridges is very skillfull, and if it wasn't for his dramatic falls, and staying on the ground, he could be a key player for city. Matt Heywood has done fairly well, I would say he has put in some solid displays, but from our goals conceded, its obvious, that he's not working hard enough

Regards

Rich

I agree with most of that especially the Blackpool match comments but I don't agree with perception of Heywood and Keogh.

BCAGFC

Heywood is rubbish. Full stop. Whenever the ball goes near him I get so nervous it's untrue. Haven't trusted him in central defence all season, and personally I don't think his heading's even that good - against anyone over 5'10" he can't seem to do anything half the time.

Nice to hear someone finally make the point of his failings - shame it came from a supporter of another team...

you don't think his headings that good????  he probably has the best heading ability of any defender since shaun taylor (which is the job he was brought into do), on the ground is a different matter though - however you would expect Keogh/Partridge to be able to compensate for that.

Matt Heywood was brought in to head the ball out. He does it.

Partridge was brought in to clear up on the ground. Simple as.

The reason why we don't look past his heading ability is because we lacked it last season.

I don't agree about Carey at all, apart from his willingness to play the long ball when he doesn't need to.

Partridge has only played 4/5 games, but needs to find form when he plays.

Keogh has only played twice and his partnership with Heywood looks promising.

Phillips won't get worse, but he won't improve like he can. Hopefully Naylor can help him.

Can't complain about the rest.

Archived