IGNORED

Peter Reid

StapleHillPhil

I've seen his name mentioned on numerous threads as a preferred choice for manager.

I'd love to know why people rate him so highly as by my reckoning his record since getting Sunderland promoted is at best shakey and at worst down right abysmal.

Can anybody in the pro Reid camp offer any evidence to make me change my opinion?

Guest sprout1883
I've seen his name mentioned on numerous threads as a preferred choice for manager.

I'd love to know why people rate him so highly as by my reckoning his record since getting Sunderland promoted is at best shakey and at worst down right abysmal.

Can anybody in the pro Reid camp offer any evidence to make me change my opinion?

he did a great job at man city

he did quite well at Man City, i don't remember his time with Man City to well but he did well from what i heard from reports up there.

He won 2 Promotions with Sunderland and established Kevin Phillips who went on to play for England for a short while.

He Kept A Really Struggling Leeds Utd Side Out Of relegation from the Premiership. He did very weel at Leeds until he left and Eddie Gray took over and got them relegated.

His only regret is doing Badly At Coventry City last season and getting releagted with Sunderland in 1997.

Peter Reid For City chant6ez.gifcity.gif

Guest DrFaustus
He's overrated. e could get us promoted but thats about it dunno.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. 'He could get us promotion, but that's about it.' For the love of Bruce Bannister, what more do you want doughnut? smile.gif

hahahaha idiot. id be happy for anyone to be manager if they could get us promoted Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it.

Guest fatherdougal

Is he the right man to develop raw 17 year olds? If I was Cotts or Scott G, I'd be scared witless by one of his half time team talks. You've seen him on the BBC,

standing on the table and bawling out the window whenever England score. Is 'terrorising' the dressing room, the way forward? No disrespect to him, but I don't think he's right for us.

come on city we need a good manger for the job and we were the best in th divions odds but it is the time now to go and i love city

i have a seaon ticket for them and i go to aall the home games and some away i went on saterday itwe need 9-10 ponites from the last 4 games i think we want to be top

and we want to we the league and then when swansea come to us then we can beat them 7-1 come on city it is time them

city.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gifenglandsmile4wf.gifenglandsmile4wf.gifenglandsmile4wf.gifenglandsmile4wf.gif

he did quite well at Man City, i don't remember his time with Man City to well but he did well from what i heard from reports up there.

He won 2 Promotions with Sunderland and established Kevin Phillips who went on to play for England for a short while.

He Kept A Really Struggling Leeds Utd Side Out Of relegation from the Premiership. He did very weel at Leeds until he left and Eddie Gray took over and got them relegated.

His only regret is doing Badly At Coventry City last season and getting releagted with Sunderland in 1997.

Peter Reid For City  chant6ez.gif  city.gif

A well responded post.

Id be happy with Reid here. chant6ez.gif

Peter Reid For City  chant6ez.gif  city.gif

hmmmm, unsure.gif quite well at man city you say.,,, badly at coventry you say,,, hmmmm and got sunderland relegated... hmmm does not sound that great to me considering you are in favour of him., i dread to think of someone whom you think is only borderline.. rofl2br.gif

Apologies for dragging this back to the top of the board, but I'm still seeing Peter Reid's name suggested as a possible manager fairly frequently on here and it still fills me with dread.

Please give me a reason why a Peter Reid team that doesnt contain 'Big Niall' might possibly take us towards the promised land of an away fixture at Watford?

I really hope not crying.gif

Reid has been an absolute disaster for the last five years. Yes did a great job at Sunderland for the first few years but got them relegated with the worst team in Premiership history.

Also got a good Leeds team relegated and was even worse at Coventry, rumours I have heard about Cov suggested he wasn't turning up for training, players had to organise themselves.

Sorry, want more from a manager than a good record five years ago and the ability to do good TV interviews.

Archived