IGNORED

Are We All Totally Unrealistic

Tinmansleftboot

Bristol City has never really been a big name in the world of football, let alone, the in world of English football. Over the years I have come to the conclusion that we all seem to think we have a god given right to be considered a club of some repute.

Now, granted, Bristol is a big City but that doesn't give us the right to be a big footballing city. It's no coincidence that the City has two poor clubs representing it in the English footballing pyramid.

Tinman has suffered from this sydrome. I'm as guilty as the next man for this but isn't it about time we accepted that we were just an average lower league club and get on with it. I can't believe that if Macclesfield, the Gas or even Brighton or Reading had been beaten 7-1 their boards would have acted in such a way. Football is a game of highs and lows. At the moment we're having a low. Given time we will probably experienced the highs again. We need to pull together in the face of such adversity.

I admit that i was a great advocate of Tinman stepping down. But, now, with hindsight, maybe he should have stayed.

I can't help think we were spoilt under the leadership of Danny Wilson. He knew what he was doing on the whole. I appologise to Brian Tinnion for my very small part in his downfall.

So, onwards and upwards. Craig Brown for me. A guy that worked wonders for Scotland and didn't do a terrible job at PNE. He maybe expensive but it's about time this board stopped taking the cheap route to failure and take the expensive road to success!!!

So, onwards and upwards.  Craig Brown for me.  A guy that worked wonders for Scotland and didn't do a terrible job at PNE. 

I have a mate who's a Preston fan and said that Craig Brown was terrible, i mean look at their record when he was and wasn't manager, before AND after:

David Moyes: lost in the playoffs, went to Everton. Craig Brown: 17th the next season or thereabouts, left the club, sacked/resigned. Billy Davies: lost in the playoff final again after dramatic improvement from Craig Browns last season.

I have a mate who's a Preston fan and said that Craig Brown was terrible, i mean look at their record when he was and wasn't manager, before AND after:

David Moyes: lost in the playoffs, went to Everton. Craig Brown: 17th the next season or thereabouts, left the club, sacked/resigned. Billy Davies: lost in the playoff final again after dramatic improvement from Craig Browns last season.

Yeah. point taken. However, in the position we find ourselves I cant think of a better person. In all due respect if you were to ask some City fans what they thought of Danny Wilson two years ago they wouldn't have been too complimentory. A game of opinions. Thats why we all love it.

Archived