IGNORED

Lennie Lawrence 5-2 Favourite

havanatopia

From the Western Mail:-

part of this looks out of date with Millen ruling himself out and not sure how accurate this hopefully totally innacurate as I do not really fancy any of these except Johnson.

FORMER Cardiff City manager Lennie Lawrence has been installed as 5-2 joint favourite to succeed Brian Tinnion at Bristol City.

Tinnion was sacked following the Robins' 7-1 defeat at Swansea on Saturday and Ladbrokes believes Lawrence's experience could land him the Ashton Gate job.

They have installed Lawrence as co-favourite alongside current caretaker-boss Keith Millen with Yeovil's Gary Johnson and Graham Taylor also fancied.

Odds: 5-2 Lawrence, Millen, 7-2 Johnson, 9-2 Taylor, 5-1 Bobby Williamson, 8-1 John Aldridge.

Lots of Bloooobirds who I know are peeing themselves at the thought of LL taking over at the gate.

To quote just a few, "if you thought Tinnion was bad".........

He wouldn't be my first choice but he does have a good record at this level.

I wouldn't be too concerned about his performance at Cardiff, managing a club when you have millions to spend is a different job and it's not necessarily easier.

He's got Cardiff promoted out of this division, got Boro and Charlton into the Prem (or old first) and nearly got Luton promoted from this one too finishing third.

Nibor

Guest fatherdougal

Managed Boro and Charlton apparently, having only ever played non-league football around the Home Counties. Other than that I don't know much about him, but his record is no disgrace.

Let me think. He managed a club in cardiff that had millions of pounds. Only bought avarage playeys with all that money and last season they sacked him. How hard can it be to manage a club with all that money? So if he comes to ashton gate where there is no money how is he going to cope?

The same way he did at all the other clubs he's managed? The guys managed over 1000 league games and got 3 or 4 promotions. Only time he's had money to spend was at Cardiff and I think a little at Middlesborough?

I don't think he'd be a great choice but I think writing him off based on the time he had at Cardiff where he did actually get them promoted is a bit strange.

Nibor

Guest routabout

The thing is, if they have Millen and Lawrence as joint favourites, then they patently do not know anything about this club.

Even before Millen ruled himself out, anybody with any knowledge of this club would know that by rights, Millen is no favourite for the post. It'd definitely be a riot sparker and we all know it.

I don't rate Lawrence and would not want him here, period.

The thing is, if they have Millen and Lawrence as joint favourites, then they patently do not know anything about this club.

Even before Millen ruled himself out, anybody with any knowledge of this club would know that by rights, Millen is no favourite for the post. It'd definitely be a riot sparker and we all know it.

I don't rate Lawrence and would not want him here, period.

its a fair point, lets hope u r right. i remember him on tv once - for sure he has had a charisma double bypass operation snack.gif

Guest fatherdougal
Let me think. He managed a club in cardiff that had millions of pounds. Only bought avarage playeys with all that money and last season they sacked him. How hard can it be to manage a club with all that money? So if he comes to ashton gate where there is no money how is he going to cope?

Well if was as easy as you say it is, we'd all be doing it.

Working wi Lu'on fans, I asked them what they thought, and based on the universal negative view of him, no WAY would I want Lawrence (or Taylor either) at the Gate- be like another Tinnion, strange subs, tactics..................

There has to be better, surely sad.gif .

From the Western Mail:-

part of this looks out of date with Millen ruling himself out and not sure how accurate this hopefully totally innacurate as I do not really fancy any of these except Johnson.

FORMER Cardiff City manager Lennie Lawrence has been installed as 5-2 joint favourite to succeed Brian Tinnion at Bristol City.

Tinnion was sacked following the Robins' 7-1 defeat at Swansea on Saturday and Ladbrokes believes Lawrence's experience could land him the Ashton Gate job.

They have installed Lawrence as co-favourite alongside current caretaker-boss Keith Millen with Yeovil's Gary Johnson and Graham Taylor also fancied.

Odds: 5-2 Lawrence, Millen, 7-2 Johnson, 9-2 Taylor, 5-1 Bobby Williamson, 8-1 John Aldridge.

Where did you get the odds from?

Working wi Lu'on fans, I asked them what they thought, and based on the universal negative view of him, no WAY would I want Lawrence (or Taylor either) at the Gate- be like another Tinnion, strange subs, tactics..................

There has to be better, surely sad.gif .

wise and wilko - its looking better by the second. snack.gif

ranting.gif On no account do we appoint Lennie Lawrence as our new manager. Do you hear me?

Wardy? uh? no!

Mark Magee has worked a minor miricle at Brighton with next to no money for players and no ground. He could handle our situation easily, Stewart , Bridges and the rest. Cant see him taking ###t from anyone and would sort this lot out quick. Go get him Steve!!! praying smiley.gif