IGNORED

New Manager Choice .... Let Fans Have Say

headhunter

Let the season ticket holders vote on who should be manager.

That's how Luton got Mike Newell [not the board's first choice I believe] and look where they are now.

Easy to administer - look how many vouchers are in the back of your season ticket book !!!

When it is down to the last 3 it will be pretty much common knowledege who the

candidates are then, for example, at the home game against Hartlepool or before if things move that quickly you could hand in

VOUCHER R Stan Ternant

VOUCHER S John Ward

VOUCHER T Terry Butcher

Not that these 3 are my choice I hasten to add !!

Add up the votes then all those who have forked out money can't complain if things go wrong.

Remember when JJ came back for the second time ?

3-2 win over Swindon then 7 straight defeats !!

Good idea or not ?

Let the season ticket holders vote on who should be manager.

That's how Luton got Mike Newell [not the board's first choice I believe] and look where they are now.

Easy to administer - look how many vouchers are in the back of your season ticket book !!!

When it is down to the last 3 it will be pretty much common knowledege who the

candidates are then, for example, at the home game against Hartlepool or before if things move that quickly you could hand in

VOUCHER R Stan Ternant

VOUCHER S John Ward

VOUCHER T Terry Butcher

Not that these 3 are my choice I hasten to add !!

Add up the votes then all those who have forked out money can't complain if things go wrong.

Remember when JJ came back for the second time ?

3-2 win over Swindon then 7 straight defeats !!

Good idea or not ?

Would people call for us to resign if it didn't work out?

But you miss the most important section of the rules that states that after the season ticket holders vote for Joe Kinnear, the players vote for Joe Kinnear, and the internet poll has Joe Kinnear in the lead the Chairman must vote for Mike Newell enough times that he wins by 4 votes.

It's probably easier if we don't get involved.

Guest The red dog

In relation to this, why not take it one step further, what if Bristol City make some extra money on ITV and begin an X-Factor type show of potential managers?

3 judges, shows based all around the UK, 5 minutes to question managers/ fans (anyone can apply- it makes better TV!) Then the contestant has to write up a team sheet based on current city players, and the judges either slaughther them or put them through to a final, to be filmed life from Ashton Gate..... biggrin.gif

In relation to this, why not take it one step further, what if Bristol City make some extra money on ITV and begin an X-Factor type show of potential managers?

3 judges, shows based all around the UK, 5 minutes to question managers/ fans (anyone can apply- it makes better TV!) Then the contestant has to write up a team sheet based on current city players, and the judges either slaughther them or put them through to a final, to be filmed life from Ashton Gate..... biggrin.gif

laughing-smiley-004.gif

Quality.

Could see Steve L, Colin S and Kevin Millen being the judges.. Steve L being the Simon Cowell figure. whistling.gif

I'd like GRAHAM TAYLOR to have the job he's got what it needs to sort this problem out...

If that idiot gets the job i swear i will throw my season ticket down the nearest drain. He has had his day and we need a younger man preferably with no city connections, new ideas and ambitions to match the fans. Old turnip head is not the man for the job.

If i had a choice Gary Johnson stands out, but wether he fancies the job i don"t know.

yours midland red.

banghead.gif

Guest routabout

You have a valid point in letting fans have their say, but using Newell as an example wasn't too clever.

Newell was regarded as a muppet by many of the Luton fans. The fans were calling for Kinnear, it was the board who picked Newell. Newell was the right choice obviously, but he wasn't the fans' choice.

Unfortunately, with our board's track record of choosing idiots and rejecting genuinely talented 'up and coming' managers, I think that their judgement should be circumvented and that somebody with a proven track record is appointed. By proven track record, I do mean a track record that bears relevance to our own position. So, as impressive as his CV may be, Stephen Constantine is a no-no, for me. So is Terry Butcher, Ian McCall, Berti Voghts and 95% of most other candidates mentioned. Just my opinion.

Please god let's not turn this into Pop Idol.  Let the chairman appoint the manager.

Considering some of the things I read on here and hear at the gate it would scare the bejeesus out of me if the fans had a say.  Me included.

Nibor

Now theres an idea - maybe we should have a selection panel of Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell.

Lets hear John Ward sing 'Hit me baby one more time' !

Guest routabout

I'd jump for joy at Peter Taylor coming here, I really would. Sadly, I think we have as much chance of promotion under Millen alone, as we have of getting Peter Taylor to walk away from Hull to come here. I've never mentioned it on here, solely because I don't think there's any realistic chance of it happening.

Guest ashtonyate
I'd jump for joy at Peter Taylor coming here, I really would. Sadly, I think we have as much chance of promotion under Millen alone, as we have of getting Peter Taylor to walk away from Hull to come here. I've never mentioned it on here, solely because I don't think there's any realistic chance of it happening.

I think the board should pick the new manager it would be daft for fans to pick the new man as the board will have to work with him and most fans don't know enough about what is needed in other respect of the job. What i would like is some one to repesent the fan at the interview in the background.

Guest routabout

If the club were in touch with it's fanbase, there would be no reason to have somebody else there to represent the fan's view. The directors would be taking our views into consideration and even asking these questions on our behalf. Sadly, not.

Archived