IGNORED

Attacking

redsontour

On the basis that City have traditionally attacked the "Home End" in the second half of games, what will happen if this East End adventure takes off? It is pretty obvious that the noise generated from under the low roof generates the best atmosphere, however, there will always be less people by a large factor, therefore, do you think Tommy will be a bit confused as to which way to play when the toss is won?

Also, I know it is only Psychological, but as an opposition, I would only choose to kick towards my group of away fans in the second half if there were more than the half dozen of them there, yet I cannot remember the last time this didn't happen? You don't think that these decisions are made before hand do you? I would hate this to turn into the WWF Premiership.

Anyway, I know a pretty lame subject to use as my first foray into forumship for a few years, but I thought I would go with the uncontroversial.....for now!

P.S If Colchester choose to kick towards the East End in the first half tonight, they didn't really get the idea from me!

Unless there are exceptional circumstances (ie strong wind or a low sun) then City will always choose to attack the Atyeo second half and the away team will always choose to attack towards their fans in the second half. I suppose that's what most teams prefer/are used to.

As regards the East End situation I don't think that will change anything when deciding which way to play as the team are used to playing towards the Atyeo End rather than being used to playing towards the general area of support.

I seem to recall Danny talking in an interview the other week about the advantages of playing 'down the hill' in the second half, so maybe there are other reasons other than kicking towards a certain set of fans.

It had never occurred to me that the pitch slopes towards the Atyeo.. was anyone else aware of that?

Personally, I like things they are. I look forward to our second half onslaughts from my vantage point in Dolman Block B.

Archived