IGNORED

Marvin Brown For Aaron Brown

Riaz

If Aaron dosen't play well tonite, I think Marvin Brown should start on the right with Goodfellow on the left.

Just to give him a chance, as he was once our star prospect, and to give aaron brown a timely kick up the backside.

What d'ya think?

Roberts cannot cross and is too greedy - a winger main objective is too supply the strikers.
And you think that Marvin could do any better? I'm not saying that Robbo is a great winger but he is definately IMO much better on the wing than Marvin. Although I'm basing my opinion of Marvin's wing play on 45 minutes of football.

And you think that Marvin could do any better? I'm not saying that Robbo is a great winger but he is definately IMO much better on the wing than Marvin. Although I'm basing my opinion of Marvin's wing play on 45 minutes of football.
45 minutes is not enough and Marvin should have more of a chance, not to mention he has been playing on the right for the reserves all season. Christian Roberts has had plenty of chances and has proved that he cannot cross and should'nt be on the right. Dont get me wrong hes a good player but should'n play as a winger but as a striker.

i am bascicly saying that roberts is a striker and he evan says he prefers to play there we have goodfellow on the right so simple peacock or miller could be dropped for roberts to go score some goals for us he wont 1st team football so he will score and we dont need a striker out on the wing when we have goodfellow

Good idea - either Roberts or Marvin on the right and Goodfellow on the left.

And you can hardly say its wrong to play Roberts or Marvin out of position and complain that they shoot instead of crossing if youre accepting that we use Goodfellow (a striker being played out of position who will shoot instead of crossing) as a winger too !

i am bascicly saying that roberts is a striker and he evan says he prefers to play there we have goodfellow on the right so simple peacock or miller could be dropped for roberts to go score some goals for us he wont 1st team football so he will score and we dont need a striker out on the wing when we have goodfellow
The whole point of the arguement was what we wwould do if Danny were to drop Aaron - the obvious thing being to push Freezer over onto his more natural left side, so saying that we have Goodfellow on the right isn't really relevant to this discussion.

45 minutes is not enough and Marvin should have more of a chance, not to mention he has been playing on the right for the reserves all season. Christian Roberts has had plenty of chances and has proved that he cannot cross and should'nt be on the right. Dont get me wrong hes a good player but should'n play as a winger but as a striker.
doesnt he get a chance with the reserves?!

Surely we have a (touch wood) winning formula, why change it every week?!

Reward the players who are playing well, and confidence will be as sky high as our position come may!

Take it easy...

My midfield, if i was DW would be:

Tommy in fornt of a 3 man defence and Roberts/Wilkshire/Tinman/Goodfellow.

Hey i aint the manager!

I was making the suggestion to i) give marvin a chance ii) encourage aaron brown to play well consistency.

KILLING TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE??!!

Roberts has has his fair share of chances (not saying he played badly), but why have all these young players on our books if we dont give them a chance.

Danny Wilson in his first couple of years was doing so (Coles, Hill, Woodman) - but not for the last year or so for some reason (Fortune, Brown etc)

The whole point of the arguement was what we wwould do if Danny were to drop Aaron - the obvious thing being to push Freezer over onto his more natural left side, so saying that we have Goodfellow on the right isn't really relevant to this discussion.
ok sorry miss red but i wouldnt put roberts on the right he doesnt get into the game as much as he does when he playing up front another option is give hawkins 45 min see what he looks like if he impresses use him

why at this stage of the season do people wanna "put him in there and sees what he looks like?"

Thats what the reserves are for, and I'm sure danny has seen him and marvin play in training, and decides to play roberts.

Aaron however seems to be playing left midfield, so to kill one bird with half a stone, i would put goodfellow out there as he seems to be on fire right now...

I did hear a lot of abuse thrown at Aaron when i was last at the gate, frustration i presume - however why is he like this?

Lack of motivation?

Wishing he was at WBA?

I dunno....?!

I would mess around with the reserves, but leave the big stuff to a formula thats working and winning... as thats fine by me...

Take it easy...

Were on a winning run, but we wont continue to win forever and IF aarons seems un-interested as he has a tendancy to do, then give him a reminder his place isn't concrete - stop him getting too complancent - It was a suggestion for one match. If he plays terribly sub him for aaron. He certainly did'nt play terribly at notts co.

Were on a winning run, but we wont continue to win forever and IF aarons seems un-interested as he has a tendancy to do, then give him a reminder his place isn't concrete - stop him getting too complancent - It was a suggestion for one match. If he plays terribly sub him for aaron. He certainly did'nt play terribly at notts co.
He did according to The Times Monday, the report made him Stinker of the Match, andd Matty Hill Blinder, incidentally all reports made him MOM.

Aaron is a bench sub, while you got the likes of Goodfella, and Robbo around, as is Marvin. Play your strengths, which Marvin does have occasionally, but for the most part he is a weakness, so play Goodfella, Tins, Doc, and Robbo tonite, aand when he's back Wilks instead of Doc..

He did according to The Times Monday, the report made him Stinker of the Match, andd Matty Hill Blinder, incidentally all reports made him MOM.

Aaron is a bench sub, while you got the likes of Goodfella, and Robbo around, as is Marvin. Play your strengths, which Marvin does have occasionally, but for the most part he is a weakness, so play Goodfella, Tins, Doc, and Robbo tonite, aand when he's back Wilks instead of Doc..

Definately not robbo - he'll waste to many attacks playing on the right!

Couple of general points; no specific order :-

Roberts has not been given a consistent run on the right for anybody to justifiably say he cannot play there.

Goodfellow is not supplying service from the right as he is too 1 footed and should be on the left where he can score and supply.

The Roberts is a striker statement is not giving the player much credit.

Paul Warhurst "the Central Defender" made the England team as a "striker". We were nearly interested in this striker as an experienced "Central Midfielder".

Many players (such as a French right-winger; Thierry something), have made a successful transition to another position with appropriate coaching and a decent run in the side. I firmly believe Roberts is improving and can improve further in a different role.

Also, Marvin is very inexperienced. Would you really want to throw him in at this point of the season?

IMO, the only change needed in the side is Goodfellow on the left and Roberts on the right IF Aaron does not improve within the next couple of games.

Couple of general points; no specific order :-

Roberts has not been given a consistent run on the right for anybody to justifiably say he cannot play there.

Goodfellow is not supplying service from the right as he is too 1 footed and should be on the left where he can score and supply.

The Roberts is a striker statement is not giving the player much credit.

Paul Warhurst "the Central Defender" made the England team as a "striker".  We were nearly interested in this striker as an experienced "Central Midfielder".

Many players (such as a French right-winger; Thierry something), have made a successful transition to another position with appropriate coaching and a decent run in the side.  I firmly believe Roberts is improving and can improve further in a different role.

Also, Marvin is very inexperienced.  Would you really want to throw him in at this point of the season?

IMO, the only change needed in the side is Goodfellow on the left and Roberts on the right IF Aaron does not improve within the next couple of games.

i) Roberts had a run in the first team on the right, thats why we bought goodfellow.

ii) Admittedly does cut in but not all the time, and he CAN use his right foot.

iii) how does Marvin Brown get experience? by playing

iiii) there are players such as Warhurst, who are versatile - Roberts is not one of them. dont get me wrong he did okay and was the right player to use whilst looking for someone to play there. He should now stick to playing up front

i) Roberts had a run in the first team on the right, thats why we bought goodfellow.

ii) Admittedly does cut in but not all the time, and he CAN use his right foot.

iii) how does Marvin Brown get experience? by playing

iiii) there are players such as Warhurst, who are versatile - Roberts is not one of them. dont get me wrong he did okay and was the right player to use whilst looking for someone to play there. He should now stick to playing up front

i) I don't call being permanently swapped between up-front, wing and subs bench a decent run in the team in a new position

ii) Yes he can use his right foot if you count "for standing on" :D

iii) I never asked how does he get experience. I merely stated that he is inexperienced and it might not be the best time to throw him in.

You know as well as I do what our fans are like; if he makes a couple of cock-ups, do you think he will get shouts of "head up Marvin" or "get that useless ###### off"? I think the latter, draining his confidence from day 1

iv) I stay believe we do not have full evidence of that. Yes he made mistakes at right wing (and many of them).

He also definitely got better in that position as the games went on. I will continue to maintain (forever probably) that he has not had a real continuous run of games there, hence, the chance to prove he can adapt.

Guest SuttonRed

I think Rizza G's view is about right on this one. Marvin should get a run.

The only question I would ask is regarding Aaron's "inconsitency", I think he has been remarkably consistent this season and that would justify a place firmly in the reserves!!

Someone mentioned that he played well at Meadow lane, I have to disagree on that, he wasn't terrible by any stretch of the imagination, but he was hardly the key to county's downfall.

Archived