IGNORED

Danny Wilson

Luke_Ciderhead

Ive noticed that one or two people on this forum have mentioned him for a possible return to management at Ashton Gate.

Well, looking at a post from an MK Dons fan, it reminds me why we got rid of him in the first place:

We have a decent side, with some bloody good players, but i have been saying this since mid last year, Wilson doesnt have a clue, the sooner he goes the better.

Todays substititions made no sense, not to mention the fact that everyone except him seems to think that McCoy and Crooks should not be in the starting 11.

I can understand lewie not being fully match fit so that kind of made sense, but to bring Wilbraham for McCloud and then to take Mitchel off for smithy?

i mean come on this guy really needs to sit down and have a good chat with Sven, about how to F%&K up a decent team.

Make no mistake, he is claiming he hasnt got enough players when Smith Rizzo, cant get in the starting 11 and Harding doesnt even make the bench.

All i can say again is

WILSON MUST GO

Where's all the Wilson fanatics now?

The bloke was as clueless as Pulis half the time and got lucky to take us close.

I recall posts in the summer from some self publicising forum members that suggested he'd at take Franchise FC to promotion! blink.gif

In fairness to Pulis he made us terrible to watch inside two months. Wilson tried his best with his stifling tactics but never found the level of mind numbing consistency that Old Pugh had.

Guest routabout

I regret us sacking him, I am convinced he would have done it last season. But he didn't and his overall tenure wasn't that impressive, all in all.

However, I wouldn't want him back and for me, he deserves MKDons and they deserve him. I'll leave you to decide what I mean by deserve.

I recall posts in the summer from some self publicising forum members that suggested he'd at take Franchise FC to promotion! blink.gif

In fairness to Pulis he made us terrible to watch inside two months. Wilson tried his best with his stifling tactics but never found the level of mind numbing consistency that Old Pugh had.

I'm not sure about the self - publicising insult, but I thought they would be an outside bet for the play offs.. then again, I thought we'd be up there too!!

I would also question him talking about Wilson messing up a decent team however... consider where they were on his arrival. How did he mess up a decent team?

I would love to see Wilson back. He should never have been dispensed off. It is not easy to get out of this division, only 3 of 24 teams get promoted. We have no divine right to be promoted and Wilson brought us to within a whisker of promotion in his last two years. Over the four years, we generally played a good brand of passing football. Admittedly we played badly at Cardiff in the playoff final, but Brighton were no better, there was a lot at stake. It was also a mistake not to select Lita in the squad, but people forget the work that Wilson and Barlow did with him.

Tinnion has made wholesale changes and I would suggest that the squad is a lot weaker for it. It will take time for a new man to get the team challenging again.

Archived