IGNORED

Alex Russell

bristolmod

He had a knee injury - see here.

Far too premature to call him injury prone - didn't he play 2 years without missing a game for Torquay?

Nibor

he did, my mate is a torquay fan who rarely misses a game, and he told me that Russell is a brilliant midfielder, and had played game after game for them since he signed for them, he aint injury prone

he did, my mate is a torquay fan who rarely misses a game, and he told me that Russell is a brilliant midfielder, and had played game after game for them since he signed for them, he aint injury prone

Well isnt that typical - we could sign a man made of iron and he would still find some way of getting injured !

4 years at Torquay 152(1) league games (Soccerbase) played.

46 times 4 (it's late bear with me) = 184 available.

Misses eight league games a season.

He's right on target to come back in when the new manger starts and play the rest of the season then.

Guest routabout

We've been unlucky with Alex Russell. No change there then! When he is back, hopefully alongside Scott Brown, I can see them becoming one of the better, if not best midfield pairing in this division.

Scott Brown's commitment and work ethic give us that harrassment and energy in the midfield, Russell picks the ball up and distributes it to a player in space, hopefully one with a line towards goal.Russell's experience and advice in matches would be fantastic for Brown to learn from. If it doesn't show, I rate Brown very highly and really admire the lad's engine. Although Russell hasn't kicked a ball yet, with the high opinions I have seen of him, I'm quite excited about his eventual appearance in our starting line up.

I'm not expecting miracles from the guy, but he is a part of the overall jigsaw that is so crucial for us. Unfortunately for Tinns, one that he never had the chance to use. It is the law of the sod, as they say.

Archived