IGNORED

I Have Done It

Guest ashtonyate

No its the size of the bung the agent gets is the problem, plus a big fat signing on fee for the player.We can't compeat money wise because we are paying to put the player through the academy

Reasonable point regarding agents fees. However, answer me this question?

If we did not have the Academy, how much do you think we would have to pay to sign players of the quality the Academy produces, such as Lita, Cotterill, Hill, Skuse and Golbourne?

Also, if they were "signed" players, not "Academy" players, wouldn't they still have agents looking for the next step up the ladder and their next fee?

Guest ashtonyate
Reasonable point regarding agents fees. However, answer me this question?

If we did not have the Academy, how much do you think we would have to pay to sign players of the quality the Academy produces, such as Lita, Cotterill, Hill, Skuse and Golbourne?

Also, if they were "signed" players, not "Academy" players, wouldn't they still have agents looking for the next step up the ladder and their next fee?

Well if you look at what we got for Ayansey the one we sold to Preston it was less than 100k and we sold Hill to preston for 100k.Its only us the money bags of the third pay out 325k for Miller and 175k fo Wilkshire

• Admin
Well if you look at what we got for Ayansey the one we sold to Preston it was less than 100k and we sold Hill to preston for 100k.Its only us the money bags of the third pay out 325k for Miller and 175k fo Wilkshire

Yep, that money would have been put to far greater use in investing it in our Academy.

The kids are our future, let's give them every opportunity to develop to their fullest by using the money we waste on transfer fees into extra Academy staff biggrin.gif

Guest ashtonyate
Yep, that money would have been put to far greater use in investing it in our Academy.

The kids are our future, let's give them every opportunity to develop to their fullest by using the money we waste on transfer fees into extra Academy staff biggrin.gif

Our kids are not our future they may be Preston or Reading but not ours

Our kids are not our future they may be Preston or Reading but not ours

You didn't really get my point.

If we had signed these Academy players, or players of similar quality from other clubs, do you still think we'd be able to keep them at our club today? Or would the agents still have the same impact?

Guest ashtonyate
Not if we invested more money in our Academy.

They would see that WE are the club to be at and stay  dance.gif

Its not when they are in the academy they want to go its when they sign a contract there off. but I don't want another academy debate i have my views and nothing that has been said so far will make me change it. I am glad Millen can see what is wrong

• Admin
Can I just get this straight, you have no problems with the academy in principle but it's strength in reality is questionable?

I agree with you, if you think this way.

No, he seems to be of the opinion that the policy of Bristol City wanting an Academy is evil in the same way that 1930's Germany wanted Liebensraum.

Personally I have no problem with the BCFC Academy leading us to an invasion of Europe.

Guest ashtonyate
No, he seems to be of the opinion that the policy of Bristol City wanting an Academy is evil in the same way that 1930's Germany wanted Liebensraum.

Personally I have no problem with the BCFC Academy leading us to an invasion of Europe.

I really don't want to debate the academy again,But i will say this before the Bosman ruleing the academy was a good sorce of income to the small produecing clubs. They had some control on the end produce they signed a contract at the end of their apprenteshipe and were sold on given money to the club that took a chance on them.

It was ok then now when a player becomes 24 he is a free agent

he can do his own deal, given the club who put all the time and money in to getting him to that standard nothing and in a lot of cases he is sold long before that age like Lita for peanuts.

So thats what I got against the Academy I have nothing against the young players and don't blame them for getting as much as they can out of it I blame the clubs for being daft enough for leting them.

• Admin
I really don't want to debate the academy again,But i will say this before the Bosman ruleing the academy was a good sorce of income to the small produecing clubs. They had some control on the end produce they signed a contract at the end of their apprenteshipe and were sold on  given money to the club that took a chance on them.

It was ok then now when a player becomes 24 he is a free agent

he can do his own deal, given the club who put all the time and money in to getting him to that standard nothing and in a lot of cases he is sold long before that age like Lita for peanuts.

So thats what I got against the Academy I have nothing against the young players and don't blame them for getting as much as they can out of it I blame the clubs for being daft enough for leting them.

That isn't a problem with the Academy so much as a problem with the contract procedure at any given club.

2 year contracts for youngsters is only going to cause problems. The shortest deals for the better players should be 3 years at least (and at the wages a young player gets, wouldn't cripple the club). That way you can renegotiate long before the deal ends with a further 3 years at a better rate of pay if they have impressed with the idea that at 23 you then offer them a 4 year deal if they're good enough.

That way we'd get a decent amount of service from the best products and IF they are to leave, they would be under contract and would command a fee.

If we sold one Academy player each season for the "peanuts" fee we got for Lita, we'd soon move up the Leagues!

I don't come on here to be educated but "Liebensraum"? Christ, what position did he play? dunno.gif

Guest ashtonyate
That isn't a problem with the Academy so much as a problem with the contract procedure at any given club.

2 year contracts for youngsters is only going to cause problems. The shortest deals for the better players should be 3 years at least (and at the wages a young player gets, wouldn't cripple the club). That way you can renegotiate long before the deal ends with a further 3 years at a better rate of pay if they have impressed with the idea that at 23 you then offer them a 4 year deal if they're good enough.

That way we'd get a decent amount of service from the best products and IF they are to leave, they would be under contract and would command a fee.

If we sold one Academy player each season for the "peanuts" fee we got for Lita, we'd soon move up the Leagues!

I was showen with Lita he did not want to sign any contract how ever long and don't forget giving long contracts out bankrupt us once before.When these young men sign a contract they don't sign for peanuts just because the club give them their chance, they got agents who advise them on the best deal they can get.

Archived