IGNORED

Fed Up Of The Hype

Guest exeter__red

Guest exeter__red

just adding to richie b's post, I'm totally fed up with the constant hype and attempts by the club to try and persuade us that suddenly they will produce the goods on the next match. Do they seriously think we are stupid or blind? This week landsdown and wilson are trying to persuade us everyting is fine, the week before if i remember rightly it was roberts, and someone else before that. There is only so long we can be fobbed off by this, miracles do not happen in football, there is no way that having looked at the previous performances, the team will suddenly come good without some radical changes, that they don't seem to want to make (i.e WILSON OUT). Danny save your breath and empty words for the team talk we are fed up with them. :Sleep12:

...there is no way that having looked at the previous performances, the team will suddenly come good...

On the other hand, isn't it fair to say that your quote can be turned on its head?

...there is no way that having looked at the previous performances (last season, essentially the same team), the team will suddenly turn bad...

Guest exeter__red

there is an essential 20 plus goal a season class player missing from last years equation. Also compared to last season when we were at least putting on a performance, which usually led to a result, we are now just aiming for "a result" and not thinking that the style of football we are playing is suited to our team.

we may be a sleeping giant but at the moment we are an average team of over paid players, playing to an apathetic crowd in a crumbling stadium, the sooner we realise this the better as we can try and turn things around.

You are impying that last season we were a one-man team and I disagree.

A couple of seasons ago, Murray was struggling to get into the team - now all of a sudden he's an "essential 20 goal a season class player". All this illustrates that Murray has improved under Wilson and what short memories some fans have.

There is no doubt that Murray's form and goals last season formed a large contribution to our final league position, but no player is bigger than the team and I firmly believe that, in Wilkshire and Miller, we have more than adequate replacements.

So what if we don't have a 'Murray-like' winger any more? It's just case of adjusting our play, as you said, to suit the team. That will take time and 16 games is not a great deal. Give them a chance!

As regards performance, I have every confidence it will return - when the team's confidence returns. Aiming for a result, rather than a performance is not such a bad thing if the results are for us and it helps us get promotion. I'm quite happy to sit and watch dull 1-0 wins if it means 1st division football next season.

Archived