IGNORED

The Bottom Line On A Lot Of Things

Andy082005

Having read everyones comments on certain issues on this forum, quite a lot make sense, however some are total garbage

Firstly, Red Robin, your obviously a bit of a dork mate, Allen is not coming to City and if he does, I will eat my hat. Steve Lansdown is quite obviously a pillock, and will go...once again, for the cheap option, thats lennie Lawrence. Whats wrong with Peter Reid, John Gregory?? Gregory offered to work at Plymouth for free to prove his worth for the first three months!!!!!! Seriously, how many people really want Lawrence down here?? not a lot I bet

As for Lennie Lawrence, this blokes a clown. He is not strong enough to control a dressing room which quite clearly has a discipline problem and a MASSIVE drinking culture. One of my friends is a Cardiff fan and he's laughting his tits off at the prospect of us getting him....says it all, people yet again, laughing at us. Once more, Mr Lansdown you are going to drop a boob and prove to everyone what an idiot you really are and how little ambition you have for this club.

This club is an utter SHAMBLES!! How can clubs like Plymouth, Cardiff, Luton, Swansea, Huddersfield (the list is endless) keep over taking us!!! I dug out an old paper the other day which I kept from the Sunday after 9/11, the teams who were in the league below us and are now in the league above is crazy! 18 months ago Luton nearly went bust!!! yet now they are 2nd in the league above, and have spent sod all

It cant go on. Every year, same old comments "we've got a team to win the league" or "were ready", every year we put our faith in these comments and buy thousands of season tickets, and every year were are made to look like a bunch of muppets!

The board, the coaches, the players.....they are a disgrace, they let us down and make us the laughing stock of the lower leagues week in week out

Lansdown out! Millen out! Walsh out! we need to completely start again with the back room staff

Might sound harsh but its true. I'm sick of this league, 7 years we've been here, teams like QPR, Wednesday, Crewe etc all got out quickly, our poor structure behind the scenes keep letting us down

Please excuse my rant, just very, very annoyed

regards

by all means I'm not trying to stir things up, its just my opinion, I'm sure some may agree, plenty wont, but we all love the discussion.

I just love this club, hate to see it going to the dogs when I know WE (the fans) deserve so, so, so much better

And exactly WHY do we deserve better ??

Jus because we are bristol city doesn't mean

we deserve something !!

I agree with a lot of that to be honest; 15 months ago we looked so promising as a club; we were going forward all the time and promotion to the championship just seemed like a natural, and inevitable, progression.

Only Bristol City could **** things up so badly in such a short space of time, and now I really do feel there is a need to start again. I have never felt so low about the club.

I'd wait to see what appointment he makes before you start ranting and then give the manager some time to asses what impact he can make before disregarding him as a failure.

You may be proved right and I agree with you that there certainly seems to be something wrong about this club. The drinking culture is getting to ridiculous levels as week after week we hear stories of our players out on the town drunk and disorderly.

I'm not sure about the coaching having never seen what goes on in training I do not feel that I am in a position to judge but it does seem that we are not making the most out of some talented players. A result of this is that players (particularly the younger ones) are keen to jump ship as soon as they break through into the frst team so that someone notices them. Perhaps one of the reasons they want to leave is not to play at a higher level immediately but because they realise that we will not be able to get the most out of them and their careers will go to waste. Players like Marivn Brown who apparantly had alot of talent have not been able to progress.

I hope that the board think carefully about what is best for the club before they appoint the next manager. Their track record is poor, but they have to get one right eventually whether it is by luck or judgement!

Whoever comes in I will give them time even if I do not believe that they are the right man for the job. I'm sure we will not stay in this division for ever, and if that means getting relegated then at least we stand a better chance of celebrating promotion at the end of the next season!

Come on you reds, I have more optimism now than I did after last Saturday. The players worked hard, I think we just need to get the ball down and stop lumping in forward (Carey). I hope Millen picks a similar team on Tuesday (maybe Cotterill and Orr in for Murray and Carey), a bit of continuity in the team selection is excatly what this team needs during a time of turmoil higher up in the club.

And as Steve Lansdown said today, if he were to resign would you want him to take his massive monetary interest (including safeguards over huge debts) with him?  No, didn't think so.

Did he say that? Sounds like he's bought his status for a while longer then. He can stick his his safe guards up his butt if the forthcoming appointment is a bad one. Anyone know any (extremely) eccentric millionaires?

And exactly WHY do we deserve better ??

Jus because we are bristol city doesn't mean

we deserve something !!

Your saying we don't deserve better???? so you deserve to be promised promotion each year, spend all your money watching them, only for them to time and time again under achieve

So you deserve to work a 35/40 hour week, save your hard earned money, pay £20 a throw watching them sink 7-1, or 1-1 at home to a very poor Blackpool side, only for certain players to say "thanks for paying to watch us do nothing, I'm going to take my big fat pay cheque and go get pi**ed up"

So for all the money you spend annually watching City home and away, can you tell me you get your moneys worth?? didnt think so, hence the reason WE deserve better

If your happy to accept the shambles on show at the bit, more fool you.

99.9% of City fans are sick of it

Archived