IGNORED

Simon Parkinson

Guest citycityman

Guest citycityman

Has messed up big time and should be fired from his position at the evening post and Steve Lansdown should find out whos leaking things to this guy..

On several occasions now you see simon writing a headline about a potential bristol city signing and then him using the Qoute "I understand that..."..

This happend with the coles and doherty exits at least a week before they left and Parkinson was spot on with them both about where they were going and for how much.. now it appears he's done the same with Lennie Larwence.. On Thurs he wrote

LENNIE LARWENCE IS HOT FAVOURITE TO TAKE THE BRISTOL JOB AND I UNDERSTAND HE WILL BE IN TALKS NEXT WEEK ABOUT THE JOB..

meaning someone at the club is obvously leaking this information to Simon far too quickly as Steve L said to the press he would take a few weeks to sort out the position..

Guest citycityman

the reporter is cheating and obvoulsy has a snout at our club who tells him everything.. this is Ok if you are a policeman or detective but not in local journalism especially if he knows more than the fans... isnt that insulting to us to hear things from the B.E.P before things are put on to the Website..

Guest citycityman

sorry yes fair comment from both of you, Parkinson shouldnt be sacked.., sorry wasnt thining straight as I was writing that... ggrrrr I'm just so hacked off with things at the mo sorry guys..

Guest citycityman

what ever happened to Richard Payne who used to do the City matches.. think he's with the BBC now or summat..

And yes I am jealous of Parky's rummours,, god dam him but at least my rummours are loved by all on here and spark big reactions.. long they may continue!!!

Has messed up big time and should be fired from his position at the evening post and Steve Lansdown should find out whos leaking things to this guy..

On several occasions now you see simon writing a headline about a potential bristol city signing and then him using the Qoute "I understand that..."..

This happend with the coles and doherty exits at least a week before they left and Parkinson was spot on with them both about where they were going and for how much.. now it appears he's done the same with Lennie Larwence.. On Thurs he wrote

LENNIE LARWENCE IS HOT FAVOURITE TO TAKE THE BRISTOL JOB AND I UNDERSTAND HE WILL BE IN TALKS NEXT WEEK ABOUT THE JOB..

meaning someone at the club is obvously leaking this information to Simon far too quickly as Steve L said to the press he would take a few weeks to sort out the position..

knowing Simon as a person, I can tell you as a journalist Simon will be picking up info from whatever sources he can he has to fill pages with info.

However it may be rumours,it may be true,it is all part of his job.

knowing Simon as a person, I can tell you as a journalist Simon will be picking up info from whatever sources he can he has to fill pages with info.

Nothing wrong with good inquisative journalism but would prefer slightly more friendly press reports on our club, rovers always seem to have supporters on BEP. Ie:-did Parkinson have to slag off partridge [Rooney will have field day against him] can't do a lot for confidence can it.

Guest fatherdougal

A general point. The problem City fans are going to have with local journalists

(inc. Radio Bristol) is, that they won't let us forget the 7-1 for the next two decades. No opportunity will be missed to replay the commentary at the point the last goal went in. Just in case a lone City supporter accidentally went hiking in Antarctica on Sep 10 and still doesn't know the score, that'll be enough excuse for Parkinson, Twentypence and co. That's it boys, you just milk it for all it's worth, and the rest of us will pay our money and do the singing and shouting. (If I carry on, I'm going to write something I'll regret).

If he knows you, and he picks up info. from wherever he can, how come a certain Martin Allen isn't dominating the back page headlines? dunno.gif

A general point. The problem City fans are going to have with local journalists

(inc. Radio Bristol) is, that they won't let us forget the 7-1 for the next two decades. No opportunity will be missed to replay the commentary at the point the last goal went in. Just in case a lone City supporter accidentally went hiking in Antarctica on Sep 10 and still doesn't know the score, that'll be enough excuse for Parkinson, Twentypence and co. That's it boys, you just milk it for all it's worth, and the rest of us will pay our money and do the singing and shouting.  (If I carry on, I'm going to write something I'll regret).

Local media is and always has been run by gas heads - although they are now calling Yeovil "the regions top side"

As a reporter he is only doing his job, and if by having inside information, he is doing it very well. It's the leaker inside the club who should be hounded out and fired , not him.

Unless of course it was a managed "leak", done deliberately.

Politicians do this frequently to gage reaction to a possible policy or decision - if they get a positive reaction, they go ahead, if there is an outcry, they deny it was ever true and escape criticism.

Equally, they leak certain info to pave the way for it being announced officially, to soften the blow etc. An example might be "approach made by Reading for Lita".

I am not saying this is proof a decision has been made, but the press can be used as a tool by those clever enough to want to test or lead public opinion...

Archived