IGNORED

Criticism

Guest SteveinNC

Guest SteveinNC

Personally, I think SL and the Board have done an OK job at City. I don't think all the critisizm is warranted. SL thought that Tinns would do a good job for the club, and it was a bold move to make him manager, IMO. It was NOT the cheap option, as some have suggested. Unfortunately, it did not work out, and SL has made a decision to look for new blood. A new coaching staff, and with a few wins under our belt, everything in the garden will be rosey! chant6ez.gif

Personally, I think SL and the Board have done an OK job at City. I don't think all the critisizm is warranted. SL thought that Tinns would do a good job for the club, and it was a bold move to make him manager, IMO. It was NOT the cheap option, as some have suggested. Unfortunately, it did not work out, and SL has made a decision to look for new blood. A new coaching staff, and with a few wins under our belt, everything in the garden will be rosey! 

I think this season is a right off. I don't know if you have attended any games, but if you have, you would be able to see how bad it really is. On paper, you are right, and if we can bring a new manager in, and he gets a bit of momentum, we could shoot up the table, but the fact of the matter is that the players look so poor at the moment that i think that is a little too optimistic.

In my view, the players really need to look at themselves and question whether they are putting the effort and committment in. It was clear there wasn't unity amongst the squad while Tins was boss, and i think it will take more than a head-strong manager to sort the situation out. The only thing i can compare it to is the fiasco at Newcastle- when they tried to bring in a man who would deal with the bad boys and create some respect, it all went tits up, and Souness has been a massive failure.

If we finish above 10th this season, i will be happy, but i fear we may not. The whole club needs sorting out, and i think it will take more than a new manager to change us into a winning football club.

Personally, I think SL and the Board have done an OK job at City.  I don't think all the critisizm is warranted.  SL thought that Tinns would do a good job for the club, and it was a bold move to make him manager, IMO.  It was NOT the cheap option, as some have suggested. Unfortunately, it did not work out, and SL has made a decision to look for new blood.  A new coaching staff,  and with a few wins under our belt, everything in the garden will be rosey! chant6ez.gif

Blind Optimism!

Guest SteveinNC
Blind Optimism!

Admittedly, the last game I saw, was the playoff game last year. But it seems to me that to criticize the board everytime there is a poor result is ludicrous. I am NOT an eternal optimist, ney, having supported City for nearly 40 years, and knowing their tendency to inspire then let supporters down, I am probably more of a pessimist. But I say, let's wait to see who the board appoint, and see where the new coaching staff takes us. Maybe it will be UP the table! englandsmile4wf.gif

Personally, I think SL and the Board have done an OK job at City.  I don't think all the critisizm is warranted.  SL thought that Tinns would do a good job for the club, and it was a bold move to make him manager, IMO.  It was NOT the cheap option, as some have suggested. Unfortunately, it did not work out, and SL has made a decision to look for new blood.  A new coaching staff,  and with a few wins under our belt, everything in the garden will be rosey! chant6ez.gif

Please explain why you think Tinnion was not the cheap option.

It was without doubt the cheap option at the time which has now proved to have been a very expensive option. Seeing as you never even saw the team play with Tinnion at the helm I cant see how you can pass comment. Tinnion turned us into a relegation team and Lansdown appointed him. 'Judge me on Brian'. Nuff said.

Admittedly, the last game I saw, was the playoff game last year.  But it seems to me that to criticize the board everytime there is a poor result is ludicrous. I am NOT an eternal optimist, ney, having supported City for nearly 40 years, and knowing their tendency to inspire then let supporters down, I am probably more of a pessimist.  But I say, let's wait to see who the board appoint, and see where the new coaching staff takes us.  Maybe it will be UP the table!  englandsmile4wf.gif

After a poor result - Wilson left after losing the playoff final and left a resonable squad.Tinnion was appointed to take us forward as Lansdown has repeatedly said we must get out of this division.Tinnion took us to 7th last season and to a relegation spot this one plus one of our worst results in 50 years.Lansdown selected the man and as a result we are heading to Division 2 at a rate of knots.Thr new appointment has a poisoned chalice to take over.The new stand is a fiasco.I am amazed that Lansdown hasn't had a lot more criticism.But I tell you this if the rumours of Lawrence are true and he has not bothered with any serious attempt to get the right man they he will be heading for a lot more and quite rightly.

Guest SteveinNC
Please explain why you think Tinnion was not the cheap option.

It was without doubt the cheap option at the time which has now proved to have been a very expensive option. Seeing as you never even saw the team play with Tinnion at the helm I cant see how you can pass comment. Tinnion turned us into a relegation team and Lansdown appointed him. 'Judge me on Brian'. Nuff said.

It may have seemed like the cheap option at the time........but if Tinns had produced the goods, everybody would be saying what an inspired appointment!

We could finish this season with a new manager that has won the respect of the fans with the quality of our play and a high league position (possibly promotion), a new stand in the middle of being built, a decent kit manufacturer and fans vote on the new kit, improved catering due to a new company taking it over as part of the stand financing, the academy producing another crop of youngsters ready to take their place in the first team and you'd STILL get people finding something to complain about, critisising the board and going onto the Ask SteveL forum trying to make things look bad with inane questions that could have been answered perfectly well with a 2 minute phone call to the shop/ticket office etc.

We could finish this season with a new manager that has won the respect of the fans with the quality of our play and a high league position (possibly promotion), a new stand in the middle of being built, a decent kit manufacturer and fans vote on the new kit, improved catering due to a new company taking it over as part of the stand financing, the academy producing another crop of youngsters ready to take their place in the first team and you'd STILL get people finding something to complain about, critisising the board and going onto the Ask SteveL forum trying to make things look bad with inane questions that could have been answered perfectly well with a 2 minute phone call to the shop/ticket office etc.

That is quite possibly the best Anti-board post I have ever read on this forum. Sadly I think you were trying to deliver it with a Pro-board slant. Well done. laugh.gif

That is quite possibly the best Anti-board post I have ever read on this forum. Sadly I think you were trying to deliver it with a Pro-board slant. Well done.  laugh.gif

It wasn't meant to be pro OR anti, just saying that even if all the major current bugbears were sorted out, people would still find things to criticise. People seem to like saying 'look at me, I'm not happy' hence the endless list of 'questions' to SL on the forum about problems with kit bought from the shop when it's been stated several times 'take it back for replacement', or ticketing problems which are repeatedly answered with the number of the ticket office.

Archived