IGNORED

Lansdown On Radio Bristol

bs3

First of all I would like to point out to Lansdown that the club have been going for nearly 100 years before he came involved in the club.

Ali Durdan asked lansdown that a few City fans are calling for him to go!

His reply was that if he went the club would go burst because he would call in the debt that club owes him.

That reply was interesting, first he is prepared to see the club vanish bcause he would not be prepared to wait for his money. What sort of supporter would do that the club they love, and we are not talking about a supporter on the poverty line but some one who is one of the riches men in the country.(source The Times rich list).

It also felt that in his reply he was holding the club the ransom, if I go the club goes!

The football club just not belong to one person he just happends to be Chairman at this momment in time the club will still be going long after he have gone.

Guest ashtonyate
First of all I would like to point out to Lansdown that the club have been going for nearly 100 years before he came involved in the club.

Ali Durdan asked lansdown that a few City fans are calling for him to go!

His reply was that if he went the club would go burst because he would call in the debt that club owes him.

That reply was interesting, first he is prepared to see the club vanish bcause he would not be prepared to wait for his money. What sort of supporter would do that the club they love, and we are not talking about a supporter on the poverty line but some one who is one of the riches men in the country.(source The Times rich list).

It also felt that in his reply he was holding the club the ransom, if I go the club goes!

The football club just not belong to one person he just happends to be Chairman at this momment in time the club will still be going long after he have gone.

Yes I felt the same but the reason we are in so much debt is down to lansdown Paying out over the odds for average players and keeping the Academy going.

I am sorry to disagree, but if anything the situation is the other way round.

ie we the fans/the team are holding Steve to ransom.

He has invested cash to buy into the business and then funded it thereafter.

He has kept the club running very well.

Should he want to withdraw today, the club is not in a position to repay his loans.

Should he want to sell his shares, due to the debt, he would be unlikely to realise the value of his investments.

Hence steve can not simply walk away.

Therefore the only viable exit route he has is is to develop the business to the point that the club becomes an attractive investment opportunity for a third party.

This will only happen when the club is in the championship.

Hence steve and the fans have the same objective.

We should therefore support his chairmanship and trust his decisions.

He has more riding on this situation than we do.

For us the fans, BCFC is a hobby/passion.

For steve it is a hobby/passion AND a serious financial investment .

Ok, so what would happen if he stepped down tomorrow then?

he has a 30% stake in the club with Lacock (Correct me if I'm wrong anyone) so if we lost him we would be in even more financial trouble. This man is not only a director and chairman of the club he is a fan of Bristol City. Some clubs would die for a chairman to be a fan of their club. There are clubs in financial turmoil due to mounting debts and our board have paid loans to the club to keep us afloat. We need to remember without them we would be in a far worse situation than we are today.

This is why I feel we need to back the Supporters Trust even more so that if (and I'm not saying SL will leave shortly) the enevitable happens we will have something in place to take us forward.

We have no money in the pot yet, so no we are not in a position to do anything.

We need Steve to stay, and in the meantime the Supporters Trust will be raising money to try and avert a disaster if Lansdown did decide to pull the plug.

It will take time to raise any money though, which is why the more fans that get behind the Supporters Trust the better, so that if it did go t*ts up the club will not go under.

Sorry I'm not trying to be funny, it's just that some of our brethren need a reality check by calling for the head of SL. They simply seem to have no grasp of what they are really calling for.

Not only would it mean that we would have no financial backing but if we did go into admin it would also mean a points deduction which really could sink us this season.

Sorry I'm not trying to be funny, it's just that some of our brethren need a reality check by calling for the head of SL. They simply seem to have no grasp of what they are really calling for.

Not only would it mean that we would have no financial backing but if we did go into admin it would also mean a points deduction which really could sink us this season.

I think if they all sat down and really thought about what it would mean if Lansdown decided he'd had enough, then they might think differently.

For anyone interested the Supporters Trust will be launching towards the end of October.

PM me if anyone wants more info etc, or go check out the forum for it

It's a strange but very interesting debate. You can't have a situation where a Chairman knows that without him the club could fold. Saying that I'm sure theres someone out there who would step into his shoes. I saw him on the sports richlist in one publication so the fellas minted, don't worry about that. He really has taken some crucial risks though. While I'm glad we haven't got Ken Bates or a number of other such tycoon nutters, Mr L has to start making big decisions that don't leave the majority of fans feeling anxious. This appointment will make such a difference to the general perception of the guy. I don't like hate campaigns against club staff, but nothing wrong with open debate like this, it's our right after all. Anyone who is failing in any role in life has to look at why, I reckon he is on the verge of being perceived as a failure. I'm sure he isn't bitter enough to leave the club to rot though. Interesting times. Hopefully the new boss will inspire the players and fans alike so that Mr L will get away with his past mistakes. praying smiley.gif

Guest routabout

No matter how it is dressed up, "If I go the club will go bust as I will call in my loans..." IS holding the club to ransom.

Well done Stephen Lansdown, you have now turned one of your most ardent supporters against you.

Lennie Lawrence does look like he's in line for the post, as IF the club had any sense, they would have quickly moved to dispel this rumour, if it weren't true if only to ease the bad feeling.

And they have the cheek to say that they are fans and that they ar running this club? Running it into the bloody ground!

No matter how it is dressed up, "If I go the club will go bust as I will call in my loans..." IS holding the club to ransom.

Well done Stephen Lansdown, you have now turned one of your most ardent supporters against you.

Lennie Lawrence does look like he's in line for the post, as IF the club had any sense, they would have quickly moved to dispel this rumour, if it weren't true if only to ease the bad feeling.

And they have the cheek to say that they are fans and that they ar running this club? Running it into the bloody ground!

Looks like someone is 'enjoying' the Kenco aroma. My house has stunk of it for months. It certainly is a strange thing for a 'fan' to say.

Archived