IGNORED

"appointment Will Take Two Weeks"

Swindon Hater

Me, and the people I regulary go to games with yesterday said after the game that a new manager needed to come in ASAP, Monday basically.

We then turned on Radio Bristol on the way home to hear that an appointment will take between 2 or 3 weeks, Lansdown said.

Does anyone else think the reason behind that could be, especially considering LL is a done deal apparently, that the board do not want the new manager to have to start off with two away games against Forest and Brentford.

Two games that even if we were doing OK, we'd still struggle to get a result, a hiding at both games would instantly put pressure on the new boss.

Why would they do that? Seems silly to me. Besides Tinnion stood down last Sunday the job was paged Monday and the club are going to give it at least a week to accept applications in. Then they will do interviews so you are talking 2 weeks already.

The job is going to be hard whoever takes over to lift morale with the team and lift the fans as expectations are so high at the club.

Me, and the people I regulary go to games with yesterday said after the game that a new manager needed to come in ASAP, Monday basically.

We then turned on Radio Bristol on the way home to hear that an appointment will take between 2 or 3 weeks, Lansdown said.

Does anyone else think the reason behind that could be, especially considering LL is a done deal apparently, that the board do not want the new manager to have to start off with two away games against Forest and Brentford.

Two games that even if we were doing OK, we'd still struggle to get a result, a hiding at both games would instantly put pressure on the new boss.

According to SKY, an appointment will be announced next week.

Guest routabout

I would prefer the board take their time, IF they are going to bring in a quality manager. If we wait a few weeks, to have Lennie "Lost>Won" Lawrence, unveiled to us, then I will be down the gate to voice my utter disgust at the board's total inability to recruit a suitable manager.

Will the club allow members of the general public, into the place when they do unveil the new man? Or will it be press/media only? Because if I have any say in it, I'll have some very awkward questions to ask both Lansdown and Lawrence, if he is appointed.

[Edit]

Likewise for Messrs Ward and/or McCall

Archived