IGNORED

Can Anyone Honestly See A 20 Plus Goal

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Can anyone honestly say we have a 20 plus striker in our team this season,which you need if you want auto promotion,in Brooker may be 17 if stays fit,Stewart may be 14 on present standards,Bridges 15 if stays fit,gillespie once of the mark 10.

None of which is good enough for auto promotion may be with a tight defence the playoffs otherwise mid table

Guest REDCIDERARMY

Not the point I was trying to make,thats if they played all the season,so its only two out of those totals so I can reckon on us only achieving 30 to 35 goalsthis season not promotion only possibly play offs if we have a good defence.Thats what I mean about having a goalscorer who can get you 20 plus a season its so many more points and auto promotion

However you look at the stats at the moment you can't see them pointing to promotion - goals scored, conceded, shots on target, corners and possesion are all poor (I think yesterday was the first time we had 50% posession and that was at home).

The team is missing a key ingredient, maybe it's russel, maybe its a new manager, the potential is there but it's not come out yet.

Guest hairyshamrock

I think to pin all your hopes on your strikers alone to score goals is misguided. Drogba scored 8 goals alone so how did Chelsea win the Premier league last season?

The missing link from City's perspective is that they have no supply. If we had regular quality crosses going in the box, i could see all 4 getting 15+ depending on appearances.

Agree with Hairy.

quite simply, Bridges, Brooker and Stewart have all proved in the past that they are good enough to get 20 goals in a season and Gillespie I believe has the potential to also do so.

In ansewer to your question, yes. All 4 are 20-goal-a-season strikers.

Can anyone honestly say we have a 20 plus striker in our team this season,which you need if you want auto promotion,in Brooker may be 17 if stays fit,Stewart may be 14 on present standards,Bridges 15 if stays fit,gillespie once of the mark 10.

None of which is good enough for auto promotion may be with a tight defence the playoffs otherwise mid table

Brooker if he plays 35/40 games.

Cotterill if he's given enough games in the right postion.

Transfer list the others and I'm not kidding.

quite simply, Bridges, Brooker and Stewart have all proved in the past

AH THE PAST AND IN FAR, FAR BETTER TEAMS.

Gillespie I believe has the potential to also do so.

AH, POTENTIAL, THAT OLD CHESTNUT.TWO WORDS, MARVIN BROWN.

In ansewer to your question, yes.  All 4 are 20-goal-a-season strikers.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.

In practice, there is!

It could be worse, you could be in the Championship with Peacock (Your leading goal-scorer on 1 goal) leading the front-line

Peacock was'nt bad in our (first) division, I don't think he will score too many in the Championship...

I think that Brooker is the best striker in our division especially now Leroy and Parkin have moved on...

I think to pin all your hopes on your strikers alone to score goals is misguided.  Drogba scored 8 goals alone so how did Chelsea win the Premier league last season? 

The missing link from City's perspective is that they have no supply.  If we had regular quality crosses going in the box, i could see all 4 getting 15+ depending on appearances.

i can't see all 4 getting 20 between them at the moment ranting.gif

It could be worse, you could be in the Championship with Peacock (Your leading goal-scorer on 1 goal) leading the front-line

could be but we shifted him off to you whistling.gif

look at it this way at least the economy in sheffield is healthier.Pub profits are up.......and up and up and up w00t.gif

Archived