IGNORED

For Seattle City And Other Us City Fans....

San Fran City

About the only channel that shows live game is Fox Sports World most often availible via digital cable or satailette not regular cable. ESPN shows one Champions League game each "match day" (usually Real Madrid or Man U) Fox sports net at least here shows a game at noon on Tuesday and Thursday (from the weekend usually the same game both days).

No Football League on Fox Sports World but you get a bunch of Preimership and FA Cup games.

Also Gol TV a spanish channel that is nothing but football.

hope this helps and welcome to the west coast. :D

Guest Texas BCFC

You can also see games on Setanta Sport. You can't get in the home but there should be some Irish bars that carry it. They carry all England games and most premiership games.

Suggest you get a 3 room dishnetwork set-up with at least one PVR,Foxsportsworld is brilliant in coverage of the Premiership.Just saw Goodfellows goal by way of Skysports,the additional EPL package was about $250 for the entire season.

Actually have just also installed a Canadian satellite system(I'm in N.M.)which also opens up a few other bits of football, did this though so as to access Eastenders on a regular basis after the disgraceful actions of BBC-America.

PVR ESSENTIAL.

our PBS channel has Eastenders and CBC (canadian TV) has corantion street don't watch those though.

There are several bars that regualrly show footie though.

Blarney stone? I think is the name of one

one on Haight street named hmmmmm Mad dog in the fog or something like that.

and also a Liverpool Football bar called Anfield something

also some bar right by the Precidio (might be able to come up with a name if I think about it)

<from this you might be able to tell who went to University in San Francisco>

Where are you in the City anyway? I think I'm coming down next month and maybe in March as well.

Fox sports seem to be the best option, will treat myself to TIVO as well i think!

BCFC SEATTLE - I am currently in the Bay Area at the inlaws house (Mill Valley) but will probably be taking a job in LA in the next few weeks. Was backpacking and ended up here to see the gf but decided that this is the place to make a few quid right now.

Seems to be a fair few City fans over here judging by the response to this!

CAROLINA FOR THE SUPERBOWL!! :rolleyes:

Guest TB Mutiny

So what States in America are actually represented by City supporters? I know Mark in S. Cal at one time had compiled a list. I know of California, Georgia, Florida, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Washington being represented. Any others?

Fox Sports World is life!!! what a channel for us Brits in the US!.

Well you can count me as representing;

OH = Ohio

CT = Connecticut

Connecticut is where I will be living for most of the year but I also have accommodation in Cincinnati,OH as well.

My work takes me to all the New England states though as well as NJ & NY.

GO PATRIOTS!!! ;-) - we're going to win the Superbowl again!

When I was living in Japan I subscibed to Sky Perfect (Japanese channel) and I used to get 4 prem games a weekend. Any Monday night game or midweeker I used to get live as well. Weekend games used to be always Manure, Arse, and Fulham - Inamoto + 1 moregame.

Basically, the Japs were hell bent on watching there 'local' heroes in an international league. Pitty it seems the Yanks are not as keen........

Owning a Restaurant near Tampa ( Pinellas Park ) I do not have as much time as I used to. But most Saturday mornings Fox SW have a live premiership game. So I can get up early and get the game in before I open up. Small things make you miss home, like watching footie in the pub with all your mates. But I am content with being 4000 miles away from England and still being able to watch a live match. The US has all it's own games which I do not really care for, but, each to their own. In a country where the adult population is not really interested in REAL FOOTBALL, Fox SW has fantastic coverage. May not be able to get City live, but you can get live Prem, Dutch, German, Brazilian, Mexican, ect. In fact, if you have time, you could sit all day and watch the beautiful game...................... Aaaaaah, what a thought !!! :rolleyes:

Archived