IGNORED

Ray Wilkins

Mr Ed

Spotted Ray Wilkins in the Williams Stand last night. I believe he's assisting Dennis Wise at Millwall now so I wonder if there was anyone in particular he was watching last night. One of ours or one of theirs?
I think Wolves were interested in buying Tony Warner, Millwall's keeper, but Warner has now picked up a neck injury that will keep him out for two months, so that deal has collapsed.

Whether Millwall are still looking to buy a keeper, either as cover or with a view to Warner leaving in the summer, I don't know, but it's the only transfer-related gossip concerning Millwall that I know about.

From talking to Ray before,during and after the game he was discussing the situation at Millwall and informed me that Dennis is looking to concentrate solely on the Management side as opposed to continuing playing so they are looking to strengthen in that area. He did say that Tony Warner wouldnt be moving during the January window but will be leaving in the Summer, but they havent yet started looking for a replacement. He is also scouting for Ian Holloway at QPR so was using the game to compile a profile for him too.

Archived