IGNORED

Gillespie On Sat?

Guest uncle john

Guest uncle john

Didn't see Saturday's game. How did Gillespie play? Sounds like he was involved a lot but did he justify a place in the starting line-up? Did it look like he could be a goalscorer at this level? New Lita?

Didn't see Saturday's game. How did Gillespie play? Sounds like he was involved a lot but did he justify a place in the starting line-up? Did it look like he could be a goalscorer at this level? New Lita?

He played better than Stewart, and the 4 players behind him.

He played the channels, made space and gave himself half chances with very limited support. Gilly and Brooker are better value than the two high priced bell hops on the payroll.

Judging by Millens selection process, he agrees. Ditto with Orr.

Gilly just needs a run of games and he will be just fine at this level. I start last season, 2 this season. Remember even Lita went 6 weeks without scoring last season. Give Gilly a 6 week run, without Murray cluttering up the right flank, thats like playing 2 positions. Play a 3-5-2 with his scouser mate Orr as right wing back, and scouser Brown snapping at them from midfield.

Those three will feed off each other ! woof woof !

Woof Woof indeed !

Gillespie was up against one of the biggest back 4 in the division. He had no Brooker for protection, but he mixed it with the big lads very well. Considering he had lame duck Murray on his flank, and a slowed down but trying Stewart on the other side he did rather well i thought.

I would give him some more games, he's definately a better choice than Stewart, and Bridges is not up to a hard game.......yet ?

It takes more than occasional neat touches to win a game in this division. Its 90 minutes of graft and contact. Even Heffs cant get a start at Doncaster, been on the bench for 4 matches. Gilly for a run of games please.

Gillespie is a skilled player who feeds off success. A gut player right now playing for his life against all odds.

Stewart and Brooker, then Tins signs Bridges, what a kick in the pants !

Few of you out there realise what it meant for Gilly to be starting, with Bridges on the bench.........people that was huge.......Millen did what Tins dared not do, or had not the sense to do. Ruffle one of the golden boys......good for him.

I agree, Gilly has paid his dues, give him the next 3 games, and at least one along side Brooker.

Gillespie is a skilled player who feeds off success. A gut player right now playing for his life against all odds.

Stewart and Brooker, then Tins signs Bridges, what a kick in the pants !

Few of you out there realise what it meant for Gilly to be starting, with Bridges on the bench.........people that was huge.......Millen did what Tins dared not do, or had not the sense to do. Ruffle one of the golden boys......good for him.

I agree, Gilly has paid his dues, give him the next 3 games, and at least one along side Brooker.

absolutely Rednready.

Gilly needs a goal, and then he'll score for fun. His all-round game looks good, he just needs a bit of confidence in front of goal.

I was fairly pleased with his all-round display too.

But if he doesnt get a goal soon, how long can you afford to give him ?

Leroy Lita might have had to odd barren spell once he was in the first team, but he'd already established himself by scoring goals when given the chance. Gillespie isnt doing that at the moment.

Marvin Brown was another player with a lot of promise. He also scored lots of goals in the reserves. But, he didnt take his chances and had to move on.

Its a tough game and i'm afraid Gillespie needs goals to justify his place in the team.

When Brooker is fit, he should be straight back in the team and competition is going to be tough for the other spot.

Archived